When is flyer V3 coming?

Ashelia

9 minutes ago, BlueJayCommander said:

Somehow i feel like the only person that finds the quetzals to be in a good spot. All the changes they did make it even more worth it to tame a really poopty quetzal in order to trap an amazing quetzal.

You're not alone.  After putting a few points in stamina I have no difficulties using a Quetz for anything I need to do, it's just a bit more time consuming... which serves to make other options more attractive in comparison than they used to be.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they need to buff some land dinos now. Like they should give the bronto A LOT more weight. And any pathing issues they can spend some TLC on would be a boon.

I completely understand the flyer nerf, but the other side of the equation is still being ignored. Land dinos need some extra work and then people wouldn't have to be convinced or forced into using them as a viable alternative. Maybe then the flyers would be looked at as the alternative.

Let's hope never.  It's pretty much perfect as is.  Maybe add speed to the pteradon and remove the pick/barrel roll otherwise it's great as is.

People are expecting that they will be buffed to the point where they are the clear choice over land dinos again.  I think the devs have made it pretty clear they don't want that to happen.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Smash said:

Let's hope never.  It's pretty much perfect as is.  Maybe add speed to the pteradon and remove the pick/barrel roll otherwise it's great as is.

People are expecting that they will be buffed to the point where they are the clear choice over land dinos again.  I think the devs have made it pretty clear they don't want that to happen.

I would like to see the Pteras speed buffed as I feel it is currently too slow for a Scout. But i'd like to see the pick-up ability of the Ptera removed to keep it in line with the function of a Scout.

Slight buff to speed and stamina for pteradon without the pick ability is understandable.

I also know that argents need a buff to stamina and a slight buff to health and an even smaller slighthan buff to speed. I'm basing this mostly off the dossier. 

Tapejara.....I'm still feeling them out....Slight Stam boost. Slight. Since their air maneuverability is insanelying cool, I can see the reason for the slower speed.

Quetzal. Don't know, haven't tamed one.

I don't need a flying speed demon like pre-nerf, but I would appreciate another pass on them. I don't find equus on a dire wolf, I've always found them on a flyer because they are often mooshed between dinos.

Instead of getting rid of the picking on Ptera completely, how about adding the mechanic where if the picked up player performs actions (using tools / attacking etc) it will let go immediately or the stamina of the Ptera will go down monstrously fast, like down from 100% to 0% in 2 seconds. I guess we can call it "Struggle" mechanic. This way we get to keep the ability to transport allies, but others who do not wish to be picked up can resist or even down the Ptera outright.

13 minutes ago, Jubino said:

Instead of getting rid of the picking on Ptera completely, how about adding the mechanic where if the picked up player performs actions (using tools / attacking etc) it will let go immediately or the stamina of the Ptera will go down monstrously fast, like down from 100% to 0% in 2 seconds. I guess we can call it "Struggle" mechanic. This way we get to keep the ability to transport allies, but others who do not wish to be picked up can resist or even down the Ptera outright.

I like this suggestion. Seems like a good balance for both PVP and PVE. Though if it let go immediately, then the pick-up might as well not even exist. The huge stamina drop sounds good though.

16 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

2x stamina drain and sprinting disabled while carrying a wild creature or enemy player.

I wouldn't like that for carrying wild dinos. Players yes, but I play PVE, and I don't want any penalties for carrying wild dinos I want to tame, especially if they are far from base. I would think PVP players would feel the same.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, sagebigly said:

When is this update happening on console or has it already been updated? I haven't played in awhile but I wanna get back into it soon. Seems from what I read the quetz won't be getting huge loads of metal again? or just a stamina thing and it has to land?

It's ETA is 24th April.

Ashelia described the problems perfectly.  

The best word was "Thrill".     ....there is no "thrill" to flying any more.   Everything is so damned slow.

I remember climbing on the back of various dinos and being amazed at the excitement of flying.   Now, it's just a slightly faster way to travel somewhere without getting caught on boulders and trees.   

The Wyvens are indeed sad to look at.  There's little excitement to using them anymore and they're fairly easy to take down in combat.  ...and I'm not a big PVPer.

How can WC have "Evolution events" and not even take into consideration the breeding of stronger and faster flyers?   THAT's EVOLUTION.

The game is becoming boring, more of a "grind", and demanding more time than I have.   Put basically, it's not as much fun as it once was.

1 hour ago, EmperorFabulous said:

The best word was "Thrill".     ....there is no "thrill" to flying any more.   Everything is so damned slow.

I remember climbing on the back of various dinos and being amazed at the excitement of flying.   Now, it's just a slightly faster way to travel somewhere without getting caught on boulders and trees.   

The Wyvens are indeed sad to look at.  There's little excitement to using them anymore and they're fairly easy to take down in combat.  ...and I'm not a big PVPer.

How can WC have "Evolution events" and not even take into consideration the breeding of stronger and faster flyers?   THAT's EVOLUTION.

The game is becoming boring, more of a "grind", and demanding more time than I have.   Put basically, it's not as much fun as it once was.

Yes and the time sink is just going to be worse. It get me worried as it reeks of an incoming microtransactions store. x2 to Xp and x2 to Gathering rates 7day/7.99$

2 hours ago, EmperorFabulous said:

Unfortunately, they tend to listen just the hardcore-with-nothing-else-to-do players . The suggests to improve/fix something were simply ignored. I really liked this game a lot. Now, i think i'm just here cause i didn't found any other cool game yet. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Yes and the time sink is just going to be worse. It get me worried as it reeks of an incoming microtransactions store. x2 to Xp and x2 to Gathering rates 7day/7.99$

It doesn't reek of anything like microtransactions. There are way too many conspiracy theorist heads around here. You don't like a change, oh no microtransactions incoming! Then you end up getting many others worried and rumours spread and it's all because you came up with some weird unsubstantiated theory.

Archived