Taming Rafts / Trapping Boats

Danny118

Hi everybody, one of the things I enjoyed doing in ark was constructing a taming raft for catching the big scary dinos. I imagine there are people that think I'm doing it the easy way or have other methods that may be superior but this is how I catch and tame Gigas, among other large angry dinos.

Let me know what you guys think and perhaps throw up some of your own taming raft designs. I'd love to have a look and see what others have come up with.

Also if you wanna know the advantages & disadvantages of my trapper build I can go into a little more detail in the replies.

23 minutes ago, Danny118 said:

Hi everybody, one of the things I enjoyed doing in ark was constructing a taming raft for catching the big scary dinos. I imagine there are people that think I'm doing it the easy way or have other methods that may be superior but this is how I catch and tame Gigas, among other large angry dinos.

Let me know what you guys think and perhaps throw up some of your own taming raft designs. I'd love to have a look and see what others have come up with.

Also if you wanna know the advantages & disadvantages of my trapper build I can go into a little more detail in the replies.

Nice raft, I like it and good idea

40 minutes ago, Mai said:

I used to have one for transporting KO'd tames from the north and sailing back to base in the south but gone now from the whale update. Still have one for public use west of the redwoods near the swamp to tame everything else that fits through a small gate.

Yeah I have a trapper boat but it's been moored at my docks since the last update as I'm afraid it'll get taken out.

I'm curious what the other side of your raft looks like? Do you just step away from it to tranq?

15 minutes ago, Danny118 said:

Yes, generally I have to get to high ground or use a quetz. Though I'm terrified of the whale update though...I'm just gonna have my Mosa follow my boat constantly...

Watch for the whale avoiding mosa ans going for the tasty boat instead :(

Edit: We have 5 days till update.. our dedi server is trying to get the most out of boats we can before then.. any good suggestions of a different style pve house boat ? (Its pvp but unofficial dont need to worry about others) 

I know! Bloody whale is gonna destroy my boat and I'll be devastated. There was once when I was able to capture a giga but I needed to go get all my stuff to tranq it (since gigas have a nasty habit of glitching through the walls and destroying my storage boxes....) and so I left my boat in the middle of the ocean where he'd be safe till I was prepared...can't risk that anymore with that whale lurking round the open waters...Do we know if a squid can grab em like a mosa?

Archived