WILDCARD Any Chance for South African Official Servers ?

Jango

Been wanting to play on official servers for along time but, we do not have any servers in South Africa or even in any close enough to give out a decent ping so I'm asking would it be possible to maybe get some servers up because I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask for these servers and we have been ignored.If the servers were implemented it wouldn't only be for South Africa but would also allow those on the African Continent to play on official with a decent ping and actually join the rest of the world in this game because we are feeling a bit left out at the moment when you see all these huge tribe fighting each other across multiple servers so all I am asking is please Wildcard let us get involved and not only for PC but for all platforms.  

Simply not worth it from WC's point of view.

Running, hosting and maintaining servers is a very costly process, and I doubt that the South African market will return enough revenue for them to warrant this investment. And the game is not officially released either, so it's not that they have a steady income right now.

Why not set up your own server in a South African datacenter, advertise it and have it run vanilla settings?

11 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Simply not worth it from WC's point of view.

Running, hosting and maintaining servers is a very costly process, and I doubt that the South African market will return enough revenue for them to warrant this investment. And the game is not officially released either, so it's not that they have a steady income right now.

Why not set up your own server in a South African datacenter, advertise it and have it run vanilla settings?

WC does not host or maintain servers. They rent them from Nitrado. And we all know Nitrado servers are not very expensive.

We also cannot know if it's worth for them. Maybe they did not consider it yet and it would be worth-ish.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

General business practise.
They're a business and everything they do is for making money, not running a charity.

I'm not stupid and I know that. But I said that you cannot know if they think it's not worth it, or they did not consider making servers in Africa in the first place. So your statement about it not being worth is farfetched.

Archived