Despicable Dinos

Havokpaintedwolf

Just now, UDGxKnight said:

I am currently working up the cash and such to either get a PC built or get one already made by MainGear maybe. Its just that my PC is too outdated and needs "cleaning" and I really don't want to wipe it. For now I am happy with console playing with my Xbox buddies 

Alright! However, if you may be getting pc soon, you could give me your discord and keep me updated!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Land dino:Wild thylas (tamed ones i like, it is a love hate relationshil)because of the tackle glitch. They ruin any and all lvl of flying mounts if they even brush against a wing.

Water: Jellyfish. Because they are everywhere in the ocean. Stunlock=Dead tames almost garunteed

Microraptors: (sharp toothed fighting turkeys of doom) They ninja kick you off your mount out of nowhere. Usually while you are fighting with a carno or rex. So you or you and tame=doomed.

Just now, UDGxKnight said:

Will do! Now before we get in trouble by a moderator for getting off topic lol. How much do you hate Pegomastax? Little devils I swear

Those things are more annoying than literally anything! Like I'll just be running round going to tame something. NOPE. Nice stack of narcotics you got there, shame if someone TOOK THEM AND RAN OFF

Just now, Chihuahuaian said:

Those things are more annoying than literally anything! Like I'll just be running round going to tame something. NOPE. Nice stack of narcotics you got there, shame if someone TOOK THEM AND RAN OFF

They have managed to still tranq arrows and a longneck rifle from me and get away with them cuz they ran into super tall bushes for days and never could find them

My most hated dino actually got usurped a couple of days ago by the most annoying, stupid, pointless awful thing ever introduced in Ark!

Runner Up: Troodon

I actually had a thread on here venting about how much I despise their deplorable taming mechanic. If these little bastards eat baby wyverns, I will kill them on sight and take great pleasure in every single one that I destroy.

Newly Crowned Winner: THE (expletives here) SEAGULL.

Look. When the pegomastax was introduced, I thought it was annoying, and totally pointless for a single player server. But they're pretty easily thwarted. Keep a few berries in your 0 slot does one, bola does two, and if you haven't bailed by then, you have only yourself to blame for three and four, in my opinion.

But, you know...I cope. I've lost stuff to them, but, you kind of have to shrug, move on and be more aware of your surroundings next time.

And then...a few days ago, I met the mother (expletive) seagull. It caught me unaware on a journey down the coast with my bird...a new tame I was taking out for training.

She wasn't fast enough to get away, or agile enough to fight back, and I learned that these (expletive) things steal something every. single. time. they strike.

Being on a bird and thoroughly flustered, I never saw items drop to the ground, so when I finally landed and killed this (expletive) thing, and it had no inventory, I damn near lost it.

This thing robbed me blind!!

My only consolation for the huge losses I took is that I was filming an episode for my series when I met the worst thing ever introduced onto the Ark. So I hope the catastrophe is funny to other people.

Conclusion: I despise troodons. But I enjoy having them in my world so I get the pleasure of killing them.

If in an upcoming episode all the (expletives) seagulls have mysteriously vanished, it's because I deleted them. They are hands down the worst thing on the map. And a terrible idea to start with!

I was confused by the pegomastaxes because, seriously? It steals from me? WHY? So, given how much everyone hates klepto 1.0, why did WildCard feel the need to up the ante with these goddamn things?!

/ EndRage

2 hours ago, Chihuahuaian said:

HAHAHAHAHA. ha . . ha . . . ha. . . . *quietly sobs*  . . . . this happened to me. . . at least twice. . .  I've started putting single berries or pieces of meat in the last slot of my hotbar due to pegos now.

15 minutes ago, LadyCrescent said:

My most hated dino actually got usurped a couple of days ago by the most annoying, stupid, pointless awful thing ever introduced in Ark!

I actually had a thread on here venting about how much I despise their deplorable taming mechanic. If these little bastards eat baby wyverns, I will kill them on sight and take great pleasure in every single one that I destroy.

Look. When the pegomastax was introduced, I thought it was annoying, and totally pointless for a single player server. But they're pretty easily thwarted. Keep a few berries in your 0 slot does one, bola does two, and if you haven't bailed by then, you have only yourself to blame for three and four, in my opinion.

But, you know...I cope. I've lost stuff to them, but, you kind of have to shrug, move on and be more aware of your surroundings next time.

And then...a few days ago, I met the mother (expletive) seagull. It caught me unaware on a journey down the coast with my bird...a new tame I was taking out for training.

She wasn't fast enough to get away, or agile enough to fight back, and I learned that these (expletive) things steal something every. single. time. they strike.

Being on a bird and thoroughly flustered, I never saw items drop to the ground, so when I finally landed and killed this (expletive) thing, and it had no inventory, I damn near lost it.

My only consolation for the huge losses I took is that I was filming an episode for my series when I met the worst thing ever introduced onto the Ark. So I hope the catastrophe is funny to other people.

Conclusion: I despise troodons. But I enjoy having them in my world so I get the pleasure of killing them.

If in an upcoming episode all the (expletives) seagulls have mysteriously vanished, it's because I deleted them. They are hands down the worst thing on the map. And a terrible idea to start with!

I was confused by the pegomastaxes because, seriously? It steals from me? WHY? So, given how much everyone hates klepto 1.0, why did WildCard feel the need to up the ante with these goddamn things?!

/ EndRage

Seagulls have a very small territorial aggro range (maybe like one foundation?).  Other than that, they'll leave you alone (I built my base on a waterway in SP, and they're all over the place).  Yeah, stealing an object every time they strike is a pain, especially when you're trying to tame one.

That being said, they are WAY more interesting, entertaining, and useful than pegos, and they don't go out of their way to steal from you (like pegos).  They're very useful as a taming buddy.  Dodos and other small dinos are somewhat common on the Island.  Going to go tame a new rex?  Take a seagull and have it gracefully murder some dodos for you!  Then you harvest the prime off of what it brings back.  Much faster and more effective than trying to hunt something down with newly nerfed flyers.

My number one hated dino is the peggo.  Not useful for pve, other than kibble, ugly as hell, they get mad and attack when they can't steal from you, will rob you blind in packs (the slot trick doesn't work when a pack of them come at once!), and then they run off with all of your stuff!  And their aggro radius is HUGE!   Yeah, I'm going to join the peggo group.

33 minutes ago, LadyCrescent said:

/ EndRage

ok now im scared because theres an army of those things right at my little fishing pond a short stroll away from my base...well i guess im never going there again shame too i liked that chair.

49 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Seagulls have a very small territorial aggro range (maybe like one foundation?).  Other than that, they'll leave you alone (I built my base on a waterway in SP, and they're all over the place).  Yeah, stealing an object every time they strike is a pain, especially when you're trying to tame one.

That being said, they are WAY more interesting, entertaining, and useful than pegos, and they don't go out of their way to steal from you (like pegos).  They're very useful as a taming buddy.  Dodos and other small dinos are somewhat common on the Island.  Going to go tame a new rex?  Take a seagull and have it gracefully murder some dodos for you!  Then you harvest the prime off of what it brings back.  Much faster and more effective than trying to hunt something down with newly nerfed flyers.

My number one hated dino is the peggo.  Not useful for pve, other than kibble, ugly as hell, they get mad and attack when they can't steal from you, will rob you blind in packs (the slot trick doesn't work when a pack of them come at once!), and then they run off with all of your stuff!  And their aggro radius is HUGE!   Yeah, I'm going to join the peggo group.

I guess a big part of my gripe with the seagulls is that I was totally blindsided about their rampant kleptomania, and equally unaware of the mechanics at play.

With the pegomastax, I actually remembered to do my homework, so I was expecting them to be awful little monstrosities, and unsurprised by the outcome of my first encounter with them.

It wasn't until after my *very* bad experience with the seagull that I learned by casually browsing the forums what their agro range is like, and that they drop your non-consumables...hence why my assailent had no inventory when I finally sent it off to eat garbage in hell.

Their positive attributes are indeed very nice...perhaps nice enough to eventually want to get one myself.

But that is a seriously heavy eventually right now, lol. Knowing how they work after the fact doesn't ease the ire I'm still feeling about items I lost that I'm not in a position to replace.

But I do take partial responsibility for the debacle...I ought to have been keeping up on the dossiers. 

For now, though, I'm going to go on ahead and keep my distance, show the stupid things a particular bird of my own (lol), and try to not spend too much time contemplating seagull genocide.

Maybe eventually I'll even forgive them enough to take one home.

1 hour ago, LadyCrescent said:

I guess a big part of my gripe with the seagulls is that I was totally blindsided about their rampant kleptomania, and equally unaware of the mechanics at play.

With the pegomastax, I actually remembered to do my homework, so I was expecting them to be awful little monstrosities, and unsurprised by the outcome of my first encounter with them.

It wasn't until after my *very* bad experience with the seagull that I learned by casually browsing the forums what their agro range is like, and that they drop your non-consumables...hence why my assailent had no inventory when I finally sent it off to eat garbage in hell.

Their positive attributes are indeed very nice...perhaps nice enough to eventually want to get one myself.

But that is a seriously heavy eventually right now, lol. Knowing how they work after the fact doesn't ease the ire I'm still feeling about items I lost that I'm not in a position to replace.

But I do take partial responsibility for the debacle...I ought to have been keeping up on the dossiers. 

For now, though, I'm going to go on ahead and keep my distance, show the stupid things a particular bird of my own (lol), and try to not spend too much time contemplating seagull genocide.

Maybe eventually I'll even forgive them enough to take one home.

Just be aware that anything consumable that isn't kibble is considered a "food" item, and they'll eat it on you.  I had one come out of nowhere once and steal 50 narcos on me, and then eat them. . .  :(    I had my revenge, however. . . that bird was fairly high level, so I came back, and now it's my dodo-murdering minion.  xD   I did learn a few lessons about taming them -- bring several stacks of bolas, keep anything consumable on a passive dino, and the moment you get them grounded, pump as many darts as possible into them.  Oh, and do a crazy chase after them once they tame because mine come up aggressive and on hunt.  O.o  I can put up with their occasional kleptomania because they have a purpose. . . pegos, not so much.

Side note:  I think one of the developers has spent too much time at the beach, because real seagulls are just as bad.  xD

#1) Giganotosaurus. The MarySueosaurus of Ark. I know that I shouldn't be so butthurt over it, but this thing borderlines on ruining the game for me. Still waiting to see where everything lines up after the TLC pass...

#2) Pegomastax. The Trollosaurus of Ark. Kinda funny, but seriously... this thing's only purpose is to troll us.

#3) Creatures that dismount/stun you. Just to be clear, I do think that dismounters/stunners have a place in this game. It isn't that they shouldn't exist. I just think that right now the whole dismounting/stunning thing is way overdone. Especially in the water.

The microraptor tops the list for stun / dismount off of flyers, breaking your legs or killing you outright. The ichthy is second for stealing weapons OUT OF YOUR HANDS DILO. I'd like to see an actual seagull take my 10-pound pike or crossbow away, yah right. I swear those are both PvP abilities which should not be enabled in PvE.

The pego gets a very close third for being just an everpresent pest. They're like rabid rats of Ark, only with more HPs than you have. I'm going to tame some microraptors and keep one on my shoulder just to kill them when they are annoying me and distracting from actual gameplay. 

Last, but not least, are troodons. Like the pego, they have WAAY too many HPs and should not be attacking things three times their size, even in a pack. 

And Wildcard wonders why people prefer to fly lol.

10 hours ago, Bkers said:

Everyone knows Troodons are the worst.  At night, they are horribly aggressive with their beady little evil eyes.  They seem to spawn everywhere around my base and the torpor effect on top of that.  They give you the cosby treatment, knock you out and have their way with you!

Seriously crying at that comment, I remember my first brush with a Troodon, was walking through the jungle and seen a pair of bright eyes staring at me through the bushes, had no idea what they was, said to my tribe mate "got some weird glowing eyes watching me out the bushes" his reply was "Welcome to a day with Bill Cosby", didn't get the joke until I as sprawled on the floor for 10 minutes with 4 of my tribe mates stood around watching laughing, I felt so dirty afterwards!

Lol, i can see everyone hating the pego and seagull, i myself don't hate them, when pego's steal from you just tranq them, i allways have several (split up) packs of narc arrows on me, one arrow and they are down. The seagulls i just don't mess with, did it once and it stole every weapon i was using..., i tamed one and leave the rest alone. (they do are a pain when fishing, eating all the big fish and leaving the sardines for me :D)

There are however 3 animals i hate: Jelly's, Eels and Leedsichtys, these 3 made the ocean an absolute pain to explore or even cross. rafts can't be used and if you have no whale or squid, the ocean travel is just a quick stun, death, respawn, repaeat ....

My top 3 most hated dinos.

Coming in number 3 we got the Pegomastax

These little buggers just happen to always steal my guns in the middle of a fight, rob me of saddles that I was about to put on a dino and then manage to disappear into the night.

Coming in number 2 we got the Troodon

Always strike when I'm taming at night or when I'm opening the door to my base, or when I pause for just one second to stretch my arms and legs.

And the dino I hate the most, THE BLOODY TERROR BIRD.

These creatures have made me hate going to the redwoods to tame high level pteras. So many times that my brand new 150 perfect tame ptera is just about to tame up, all I can hear is the unmistakable sound of friggin terror birds who come up, ruin the tame, kill the bird and if theres enough of them, kill me.

A pego stole the artifact right off me on our way home from a swamp cave run the other night. That was annoying and unexpected. You can't store artifacts in animal inventories anymore either, so doubly frustrating. But not being able to carry arrows, food etc on your character when out and about in any area with pegos or the icthyornis is annoying. I also lost a fair amount of troodon kibble to one of them, admittedly that one was my fault for not turning around to put the kibble back after a successful tame.

I also almost lost my best horse to microraptors, got knocked off and stunned, then a bunch of dilos and troodons decided to join in the fun. I died and had to respawn, grab the nearest spino and run to the rescue, just barely made it in time.

Kapros aren't terrible to deal with, honestly. I just keep my mount on follow when in the area and have a pike on hand, if I don't kill it my mount does.

That said I often avoid the problem entirely by using mounts big enough that I won't be dismounted by anything, with one notable exception. I've died twice to thylas so far but have yet to lose a mount, so I count myself fortunate given that one of them dragged me off a quetz. I spend a lot of time in the redwoods looking up.

Here's my top 5:

5. Allosaurus - I don't think I will ever be capable of dealing with them in my single player. All I can do is going back and find another way to my destination. Thank god they are so big you can see them from miles away.

4. megapirhana - they come out of nowhere and my raptors/ carnos can't handle them when they are swimming.

3. Ichtyornis - damn thieves! By the time I manage to kill them they have stolen half my inventory.

2. Therzinosaurs - there are so many of them on the island and I always seem to bump into them when my raptor army is chasing something stupid like a dilo. They are stupidly strong and can kill me and my 4 raptors without effort, no matter how low their level.

1. Troodon - they hunt in packs and I almost never see them coming. They are the main reason I stay at my base at night, and I try to make my exploring days so that I can get back home before dark. No need to say that I don't have seen much of the island yet ;)

The Leeds is my most hated dino, simply I feel like the raft was removed from any deep water... you can add as many embedded foundations as you want the Leeds can still penetrate and chow the raft. With no way of outrunning them it just seems unnecessary. Who gives a crap for 50 prime fish meat... 

I wouldn't be as butt-hurt if there was a way to fortify or outplay them... heard rumours that it will be patched where they damage the foundations but I'm not holding my breathe, just playing the game in a way I don't want to for now :( 

Archived