Despicable Dinos

Havokpaintedwolf

17 hours ago, Cymas said:

A pego stole the artifact right off me on our way home from a swamp cave run the other night. That was annoying and unexpected. You can't store artifacts in animal inventories anymore either, so doubly frustrating. But not being able to carry arrows, food etc on your character when out and about in any area with pegos or the icthyornis is annoying. I also lost a fair amount of troodon kibble to one of them, admittedly that one was my fault for not turning around to put the kibble back after a successful tame.

I also almost lost my best horse to microraptors, got knocked off and stunned, then a bunch of dilos and troodons decided to join in the fun. I died and had to respawn, grab the nearest spino and run to the rescue, just barely made it in time.

Kapros aren't terrible to deal with, honestly. I just keep my mount on follow when in the area and have a pike on hand, if I don't kill it my mount does.

That said I often avoid the problem entirely by using mounts big enough that I won't be dismounted by anything, with one notable exception. I've died twice to thylas so far but have yet to lose a mount, so I count myself fortunate given that one of them dragged me off a quetz. I spend a lot of time in the redwoods looking up.

I have been taken off a rex by a kapro attacking its feet. No lie. I have been pegged off a rex by a microraptor and a tree lion too. I don't know that there is a mount big enough to make you safe from dismounts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Milsurp said:

I have been taken off a rex by a kapro attacking its feet. No lie. I have been pegged off a rex by a microraptor and a tree lion too. I don't know that there is a mount big enough to make you safe from dismounts.

Thylas will dismount you from everything, yes. I've also heard their pounce attack is bugged and will kill any flier they touch, which is why I count myself lucky my quetz survived her encounter with one. Never had a problem with kapros or microraptors on a spino though. I've literally watched kapros lunge and bounce off the side of my spino. One side of my tribe's territory borders the swamp so I do deal with them on a regular basis. Microraptors I deal with less often, but same deal. I think anatomy is what saves the day here lol, if they try to do that circle thing before they attack they just hit the sail and bounce off and then get trampled. Next time I'm in micro land I'll test it a little more for science.

i hate troodons at night i jump off my tame and 5 of these little buggers fly faster than the speed of light right at my head. yesterday i was taming a high level allo by shooting at it from a, cliff, it turned night and zooooof 1 attacks me in the back and somehow pushes me off (didnt know they had knockback). while i was flying down i managed to whistle follow on my pter that was just standing there in passive, luckily it flew up following me to my doom and hovered there until i got back. it was a stressful situation but i ended up with a beautiful high level allo. :D

i also hate the gulls because they steal the eggs i pickup right off me and killing them doesnt seem to drop it. RIP bronto egg

Archived