Xbox One private server hosting service?

Could you imagine if other game like CoD had the same amount of servers as ARK? People would loose there minds. Or someone had to have a 2nd xbox for everyone to play on the whole map, or you where tethered together? But I get that ARK is a lot bigger and more system demanding.

I hope ARK invests in hosting more servers for people to use on a private status. I really hate playing with most of the people online, the Tools" anyway. Too many people that box you in for being on their property or too close to where they wanted to build. Really turned me off to ARK Online, I keep seeing the same things on most forums. Few people always ruin it for everyone else.

I think it would be pretty cool if people hosted their own private server and you have to like fill out a "application" to get into the server and stuff, instead of going into a official server and having random people all over.

Like on PC a lot of the big youtubers play on private servers together so it's a better community. 

• 2 months later...

We had our server as a role play server and it almost died.  Just now brought it back from the brink of extinction by changing the rules set.

If some people were willing to pay a monthly fee, I could do a server rental system with the rates and admins set to that server renters wishes.  Then with the console commands, they could begin doing as they pleased.

• 1 month later...
On April 10, 2016 at 6:33 PM, SearchingTudor said:

We had our server as a role play server and it almost died.  Just now brought it back from the brink of extinction by changing the rules set.

If some people were willing to pay a monthly fee, I could do a server rental system with the rates and admins set to that server renters wishes.  Then with the console commands, they could begin doing as they pleased.

are you still doing the rental system? and if so do you have the up/down speeds?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start that any time soon.  My dedicated server Xbox for my community died on me and I had to take the Xbox One I had planned on using as a rental server and use it to get my Server back up and running.  I would hold tight on renting from anyone right now, as Wildcard is working on a server rental/purchase plan that would give better speeds and latency than someone like myself can do with just another Xbox One.

I don't know the time frame they have on it but when they go that route, I will be switching my server over to their rental/purchase system myself and then just taking my spare Xbox One and making it a dev kit so I can work on making map mods!

On 5/15/2016 at 11:10 AM, SearchingTudor said:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start that any time soon.  My dedicated server Xbox for my community died on me and I had to take the Xbox One I had planned on using as a rental server and use it to get my Server back up and running.  I would hold tight on renting from anyone right now, as Wildcard is working on a server rental/purchase plan that would give better speeds and latency than someone like myself can do with just another Xbox One.

I don't know the time frame they have on it but when they go that route, I will be switching my server over to their rental/purchase system myself and then just taking my spare Xbox One and making it a dev kit so I can work on making map mods!

where did you hear this? ive been wanting this to be a thing for a very long time, i would love to have my vision for the game played out but without the money for a new xbox it isnt really possible.

It was part of a conversation I had with one of the Wildcard team when I was discussing the death of my Xbox One that was hosting Super Secret Server.  It may be so far down the pipeline that we won't see it until after the game releases.

I have purchased 3, that's right 3, Xbox One's.  One we use as our gaming/entertainment system, one to host Super Secret Server and one was to be the rental as a trial program.  With the death of the  hosting Xbox One, the rental one became the new hosting Xbox.  It isn't cheap to do this, that's for sure!  I have launched the longest run player-dedicated server for Xbox One, created a website and forum, bought a total of 3 Xbox One's and, not knowing any better at the time, purchased ARK twice and 2 Xbox Live Gold subscriptions.  All without help and fumbling through all this like a toddler at a parade.  I'm surprised my wife hasn't divorced me yet! lol

• 8 months later...

I host my own private server on Xbox one.  I have the settings boosted so it is not too overpowered but it is very easy to build up.  The server is PvP but no offline raiding, it is set to 5x gathering, 35x taming, increased xp multipliers so it doesn't take forever to level up.  Increased maturation and egg hatching.  Message Xbox gamertag jccb if your intrested in hopping on and having some fun.  The server is up 24/7

Archived