New Ptera v Original Ptera – which are best?

Anarki

New Ptera v Original Ptera – which are best?

My Original Ptera currently sits at 238 (was around 260 pre-nerf and was a 140 when tamed IIRC) with stats of:

HP 1200

Stam 968

Weight 212

Melee 321

I had packed so much into speed before and then when I got the points back I put it into Stam only but seemed to lose levels. I decided to do a comparison and tamed a 140 and a 145 yesterday and both seemed to have very similar stats (the 140 was slightly higher in Melee and Weight).

Post tame they came out at:

1515 hp

465 stam

201 weight

291 melee

So at 211 my new Ptera seems as though it will be similar to my current Ptera – has anyone else tested this and found out if the newer Pteras are better than our old ones? Ill try taming a few more over the next couple of weeks but wanted to see if anyone else had found an answer?

It's hard to compare the stats of a leveled up animal to a fresh tame. You can try to use the Ark Stats Extractor (part of the Smart Breeding tool) to get an idea of what that ptera's original stats were. Not sure how accurate it will be, but it's worth a shot.

The HP stat on the new one looks to be above average, which is good, and the melee is good as well. So it put most of its points in those two stats, which accounts for the lower stamina and weight, and of course food and oxy probably took up some valuable points.

I basically go by points using the Dododex and Smart Breeding tools to check pre-tame rolls and post-tame point allocation. Anything under 30 is subpar, anything between 30-40 is usable, and anything 40+ is golden, from my perspective as a breeder.

Theoretically you should be able to find pteras with higher average rolls in their stats since they won't be using them on speed anymore, but a sample size of 2 is far too small to judge results.

Thanks Cymas. Yes, now that Ive used that stat calc (for the first time) it shows my 145 isnt a great bird which is shame as Id prefer high stam and melee bird. Maybe Ill keep it for the melee and try and find a high stam bird tonight. If I can breed them and get a good stam/melee bird then ill be a happy chappy as I havent given up all hope on having a good Ptera again. (I dont want an OP bird but one where I can fly a bit longer and have a bit more in the way of dealing some damage to support friends).

Archived