So which would you go for first?? Argent, Tapajara or Therozinosaurus?

Zergling963

So I have kinda been going the weird route here and just gotten creatures at random and I am tired of spawning in tek building materials/having to cheat to kill bosses that are not possible in single player so as soon as ascension comes around I plan on just unlocking all tek items but then playing from scratch cheat free in ascension mode and just taking 20 odd dinos with me and turning it into a story. About escaping the erupting volcano and doing things a little different to everyone else when they start out fresh.

However I am unsure which dino to go for which is my last one I will get to take over when I start fresh as an argent is useful for carry weight/attacking.

A Tapajera is useful for being able to knock out and take a quetzal/cling to rocks and knock dinos out and is faster than the argent.

Petrandadon is supposedly the fastest for travel (I have two of these that right now am pumping stamina into) But thats about it at the moment.

Therizinosaurus will be useful for collecting fibre.

Current dinos I have that I will be taking will be: (since there is a limit of 20 allowed)

My Albino Trex (was 135 when knocked out with an equus but only gainned 51 levels on taming thanks to it being knocked out right next to a magenera spawn point :() But couldn't be bothered starting over

My Crimson and White Spinosaurus (was 120 at start perfect tame knocked out with an equus)

1 x Unicorn

1 x thylaceo

1 x beaver

2 x Petranadons - 1 male, 1 female

1 x doedcurius

1 x Mosasaurus

2 x Megaladon

1 x Achitina

2 x Equus (Hopefully colour Mutated 1 x male and 1 x Female)

3 x Wyvren - 1 fire, 1 lightning, 1 poision

2 x ovis - 1 male, 1 female so can breed more for meat

And then its a choice of one of the above which I want to go out and tame before resetting.

Help/opinions please?? Am preferably going for a high level one on my singleplayer game.

Thanks

Therizi is useful for collecting wood, fiber, berries, raw meat, (very) small amounts of thatch, and the hopes and dreams of noobs running around on the beach. 

As you are playing single player building wise a deod, a therizi, and an anky are like 90% of your dino force. Anky for thatch and metal, therizi for berries and wood, and deod for stone collecting. After that, everything else is just preferential imho. In all reality it comes down to what you want to do, and what you are willing to endure to arrive there. 

We play on official servers and the Therizi was a game changer, got him low lvl, he is 49 now pumped up mele and he gets prime meat better than any dino I've seen. Got 15 prime from 1 bronto, we take out our 223 carno if things get hairy, but was shocked about his prime collection. Wood / fiber is really high too. Kinda OP if you can get a high lvl but ridiculous tame times on official, 8-9 hours for a 100 + lvl. Good luck

Thanks everyone! Am thinking of swapping out 2 of teh wyvrens for a anklyosaurus and a tapajara. As I am unwilling to swap out my unicorn etc.

However I have no idea which wyvren to keep?? Suggestions please?? I have a cool white/purple lightning I can find the rest again later on when eventually on the new map. Help apprecited with the wyvrens. I have a few of these little guys (7 x 180 to 185) babies. 3 in fire, 3 in lightning and 1 in poision. Some have really good health but crappy other stats will have to work it out when i am back from easter later and get to play. Suggestions please?? The Therizino is number 20 right now am considering cutting 2 wyvrens for now in exchange for an anklyosaurus and a tapajara.

Help/suggestions please as all the google links about which wyvren is best confused me as none included singleplayer.

Thinking about heading over to scorched earth in the meantime in order to unlock all engrams and get some dinos from over there before doing the reset since singleplayer you can't add yourself back once leaving etc. This is after I get a therizinosaurus, Anklyosaurus and Tapajara But this may not work either considering I already will have hit my 20 dino upload limit. So am not quite sure what to do lol! Guess these wyvren babies will take awhile so will just leave it at that for now and work out the rest when the reset happens

Thanks

35 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I would replace the Beaver with the Turkeydorkasaurus and then also bring the Tape and pump Weight and Stamina. Beaver is OK but post-weight-changes, a Mammoth is better for hauling wood, and the Turkey outclasses them both for actually gathering it.

Thanks for the suggestion appreciate it and will keep it in mind. That way I can keep my dragons or teh majority after the time I am putting in to raise them

26 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Don't forget about that the Therizino is a good hide-gatherer too! One of the best things about it, is that not many creatures aggro him, so it is very good for traveling around the island. ;) 

Thanks for the reminder! Trying to figure out whats best to go with now! Considering replacing beaver with therizino and taking a tapajara too. But also considering picking a single wyvren and taking other dinos instead but am not sure. As I only need one of each on the island wyvren wise and they could be useful. But yes trying to work out what I will do with it all. As would love to get scorched earth dinos but want to do that cheat free too eventually and the island actually has all dinos on it unlike The Center Map etc. Thanks though

Archived