Best Shoulder pet

SmokeyB

5 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Elaborate plz. Do you chug it down when someone attacks you, or does it attack enemies on its own.

Dimorphodons set on neutral or attacking target will attack something that's attacking you if they're in the air. If you have one on your shoulder, you'll have to toss it into the air to get it in on the fight. But make sure they're following you so they come back after the kill.

When I go, say, resource gathering in particular, I have my resource team follow my mount. When they're following me, they can get in the way of my tool swings and get hit. As long as I'm nearby the mount in question, my neutral birds still have me covered without being in the way.

You can also set them on a specific target by looking at it with the spyglass and whistling attack target. Same thing applies...as long as you have them following you, they'll take out whatever you set them on and return.

Their small size, and the fact that their AI is designed to attack the body of an opposing dinosaur (or a mounted player, I hear...I'm PvE) makes them extremely difficult to hit, and very effective as a means of defense.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:28 AM, LadyCrescent said:

I would have to say I'm biased in favor of the dimorphodons. They're amazing in a pack, but even just having one can offer some pretty solid defense.

Since my earliest days in Ark I've always had one (or more) with me, and they've saved my butt many times.

I've bred mine for health and melee damage, and I wouldn't go anywhere without one.

I've tamed almost all of the shoulder mounts and I have to agree. Dimorphodons can do a lot of damage in flocks or alone on your shoulder and I've never regretted carrying one around (Has been times I didn't have one and wished I'd had one though). I also breed them for health and melee. Mine currently hatch with 1k hp and 300 melee (usually end up around 1100-1200 hp and 400-450 melee after imprinting) and can reach 600+ melee after leveling. I also sell some now and then.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:42 AM, Bruvas78 said:

Jerboa with the same trike helmet painted the same colour as mine. 

Lol, I do the same with mine. I stopped carrying them around though because although they're cute on your shoulder they can't help you in a pinch like the other shoulder mounts unless you're on SE where they give you weather warnings. I just have them sitting along the wall now. The best looking decorations you can get. 

Archived