fanfiction A.R.O *Official Guide*

Kaprodonychus

**INTRODUCTION**
Whether you want to learn what the red rash is on your back, what tribe is the best for you to join, what path to cross during your journey or what's the animal living under your house; this guide as well as bestiary will show you the way of knowing the mysterious and truly magnificent new world we have been taken to. If you have a sense of humour, then this book is essentially tips on ways for you to not die. 

If you are new to this island and are reading this book now, I would like to congratulate you for reaching this far. I hope that this book will also help you push forward through the most dangerous place man has (or has yet to) ever set foot on. Since you are on this island now, I'm very aware that you have lots of questions that need to be answered. 

*What is this place?*
This island (more of a continent due to its massive size) is called The Ark. On this Ark, it has been separated into 9 regions, completely named and created by me. The ninth region, known as the Octuron (Oc -ture -ron) Region, has yet to be explored due to the large mountain range surrounding it as well as the Black Gates being overrun by dozens of predators. 

*Why are there dinosaurs on this island?*
It is unknown why these extinct animals are still alive today. Perhaps the 'creators' of this island are possibly using this Ark as a preserve for all species. If that were so, then maybe our world is suffering a major extinction event. However, there have been reports of new animals being spotted near the black gates that are apparently 'not prehistoric', suggesting that my theory above is flawed. I guess all of our answers will be answered once we reach the Octuron Region.

*What is this strange fragment in my arm?*
The implant in your arm is given to you as soon as you arrive on the island. If you were born on The Ark, the implant will slowly form in your arm overnight. Despite it being made out of a strange metal, it essentially acts like a weird parasite. It will harm you if you try to damage it, but it will notify your body and health status by changing colour as well as grant you faster regenerative abilities. It can sometimes even create a type of 'bond' with tamed creatures. More can be explained soon. 

Red is the default colour. It also represents your 'health bar' essentially. Once wounded, a small fraction will turn purple, depending on how much damage you've taken. Once you have taken too many hits and the implant is completely purple, it the implant will turn black. Once it turns black, that means that you are dead. Removing the implant from your body will also kill you. 

Yellow is second most seen colour when you're on the island. It simply states that you are afraid. The colour gets brighter depending on how scared or frightened you are. We are unsure why this exists besides being a beacon for our hunters. I guess it tells the creators what we fear the most.  

Blue and Orange indicate your temperature. Bright blue being freezing and bright orange telling you that you're overheating. 
Green tells you that you're sick or have been poisoned. This helps survivors tell doctors that they're ill well before the sickness causes major issues. Only downside to it is that you can't lie and call in sick at work or school or poison someone and get away with it.

*Why are we here?*
No one knows for certain right now. Certain people like The Elders in The Citadel believe that powerful beings known has The Creators have brought some of us here for some unknown reason. Every week, one person enters the ark and wakes up on the coastline. We've also found out that every week, 2 species of creatures come out from the black gates. The other day we just had 5 people enter the ark at the same time, that most likely means that 10 creatures have entered the ark, 2 of them being Balaur Jongler and Velociraptor Sicarius. It also brings forward questions about a prophecy that was mentioned by some of the Junkers. No one knows for certain yet. 

*How do we get back home?*
Sadly, we cannot travel back to our old homes. Judging from the size of the Ark, it is safe to assume that we are no longer on Earth anymore. So until we harness the technology to go into space, we cannot leave this place. Perhaps humans have taken us to this planet so we can continue to grow our human population instead of powerful entities creating this new land.

*What are the floating towers around the Ark?*
Those 'Obelisks' are still bizarre structures we have yet to understand. Much like the Black Gates, that have a weird alien feel to them. More about them will be understood in the following pages to come. View 'Geography' and 'The Creators' to read more about them. By then I'll have the information you need. 

This brings us to the end of our introduction. Hopefully I've answered some of your questions and I hope that this guide will benefit you greatly. The next page will be the Bestiary and will help you understand the creatures around the island. I have separated the bestiary into many different parts so you can easily determine what creature you want to read about or study. 

*Welcome to the Ark fellow survivors*

Archived