Primitive Plus Public PC Beta

complexminded

• Wildcard Community

Going back to the basics where Primitive+ builds went through the workshop!  Builds will be posted in the workshop until they are confirmed good and won't cause issues to existing servers.  If you'd like to check it out, be sure to click the link below.  Builds to the beta will be frequent (several times per week)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906325878

While I do browse the forums if you would be so kind to fill out this quick form when you encounter a bug.  The responses get routed directly to my email.

https://docs.google.com/a/studiowildcard.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfp-lW81-i822KhSEQUhufTRXsXYQ4Prw_criJFvZ-qhi594Q/viewform

Working on new stuff is great and we want you to but at the same time we baddy need a patch the last one broke a lot and there been so many new dino add over the last 90+ days we are starting to feel forgotten.  Can we at least get a ETA on when will see one of these promising new beta updates.  I'm on PC but am sure the other platforms would like the same.

While the Primitive Plus Total Conversion was a great work around to a limitation in the design of the game, it is my opinion that now that the DLC has become legitimized by Wild Card, it is time to correct the deficiencies that lead to this being a Total Conversion rather than a mod.  Configuration changes that allow the manipulation of Blueprints available in the game is an example.  The removal of both blueprints and items automatically from Beacons and Cave drops when the engram is suppressed.

These limiting changes would vastly eliminate the need for the huge load times and complex changes to the base game implemented by Primitive Plus.

I personally am so disillusioned by the lack of support for Primitive Plus, that I have already completed the modifications of all 6 servers from Primitive to Medieval and completely eliminated Primitive Plus from these servers.  I still have issues with blueprints and items that drop from cave drops in a limited fashion, but at least my players can enjoy the current content provided by the game.

I would return to a Primitive Plus environment where the core game was enhanced to automatically removed unwanted items form drops, blueprints, etc. when the engram was suppressed.  In the meantime, long live the heavily modded medieval kingdom that we have created without it.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:23 PM, complexminded said:

Going back to the basics where Primitive+ builds went through the workshop!  Builds will be posted in the workshop until they are confirmed good and won't cause issues to existing servers.  If you'd like to check it out, be sure to click the link below.  Builds to the beta will be frequent (several times per week)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906325878

While I do browse the forums if you would be so kind to fill out this quick form when you encounter a bug.  The responses get routed directly to my email.

https://docs.google.com/a/studiowildcard.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfp-lW81-i822KhSEQUhufTRXsXYQ4Prw_criJFvZ-qhi594Q/viewform

THANK YOU! 

I was looking for a bit of a challenge so I decided to run my own server again. Prim+ beta on The Island map.

Hardcore, PVE with Tribe Wars enabled.

Two times longer day/night cycle with night taking up 1/3 of a full cycle. 

Difficulty multiplier is 1, all other multipliers are vanilla.

Server started yesterday, so all nice and clean.

Server address: 149.202.92.201:7807

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Ozi said:

Can someone explain me the purpose of this mod and who is developing it? Is it an official develope? Will the Primitive+ Total Conversion, which is incredibly bad supported, be converted into this one?

Which mod? This thread is the prim+ total conversion experimental server notification. It is supported but communication with the community from Ced (Complexminded) is very poor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Jen unpinned this topic

Archived