This game is beyond infuriating

Bonehunter

What a poorly designed game.....seriously.

been playing for nearly a week and still no foothold. Playing on an official EU PVP Server. Had to keep joining different servers over the first few days as the ping was so bad (even when choosing the lowest ping).

logged in, died immediately. Respawned, died immediately. Managed to get an hour playing without being killed, player (rank 150+) flew in and killed me with a lightening dragon? I was level 10 or so?

Respawned and died before the loading screen was up. Managed to get to a point where I could lay down a sleeping bag, logged off. Logged in to being naked on the beach with now sleeping bag respawn. Died, respawned and died immediately.

Managed to craft a thatch house, logged out. Logged into be naked on the beach with no sleeping bag respaw. Got killed, respawned and died immediately.

excuse me if I sound negative but are games not supposed to be fun to play?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bonehunter said:

been playing for nearly a week and still no foothold. Playing on an official EU PVP Server. Had to keep joining different servers over the first few days as the ping was so bad (even when choosing the lowest ping).

logged in, died immediately. Respawned, died immediately. Managed to get an hour playing without being killed, player (rank 150+) flew in and killed me with a lightening dragon? I was level 10 or so?

Respawned and died before the loading screen was up. Managed to get to a point where I could lay down a sleeping bag, logged off. Logged in to being naked on the beach with now sleeping bag respawn. Died, respawned and died immediately.

Managed to craft a thatch house, logged out. Logged into be naked on the beach with no sleeping bag respaw. Got killed, respawned and died immediately.

Yeah, pretty much sounds like my first few days on Ark too. Getting eaten while you're still scratching your implant is always "fun".

There's moments where you think everything is going great, tames are working out fine, resources are being stockpiled, you got some nice drops and crafted some decent gear. And then out of the blue this game turns your world upside down.

Why? Because it can.
That's why.

You're a new player. You just joined.
You're probably doing a dozen things wrong, getting killed and and making mistakes.
Yes there's servers where tribes think they own the place.
Till the first paragraph happens to them and they come whining on the board on how unfair it was etc etc.

This game will knock you down and trample all over you.
And there's days where this game is boring and throws one reward after another at you.

This is Ark.
Adapt, learn and survive.

Try searching for an unofficial PVE server with higher rates than normal so you can pick yourself up more quickly if wild dinos rek you (and they will, I can garantee it). aim to build even a basic small thatch abode to keep you and your things safe. Also make sure the server is one that has low population/or doesn't immediately seem to have walled off beaches (really this is a fault of an admin not keeping their server new-player friendly). I'd invite you to my server but currently it's shut off till The Center gets an update.

If you can learn the basics in a more friendly environment, then you will discover just how you need to survive the ARK and then maybe move on to the harder servers (aka official with normal rates and PVP if that's your cup of tea).

1 hour ago, Bonehunter said:

Sounds like a lot of fun you had there.

1 hour ago, Bonehunter said:

P.S I tried PVE Official but people seem to think it's funny to wall in large areas of the beach so you can't get out? Game seems a real pile of you-know-what and not new player friendly if you ask me. Give it 6 months tops

Walled off/blocked spawn areas are against rules on PvE servers. You can report them and (maybe, sometime) someone from dev team will come and remove (all) structures of the tribe blocking access.

When I'm first starting I just out a engram for a foundation in my hotbar then I just run around making those placing them demolishing em and repeating over and over again. It will level you up fairly quickly, once you've gotten to a comfortable level find a nicely hidden spot and get started. It's going to take more then a week to figure this out . I've been playing for over a year and a half now and I still have poop days.. where I just rage quit and throw in battlefield or something 

All I good time - "Stormy Llewellyn" 

Must have died a dozen times my first hour 

In fact I remember my first death. Just spawned looked at my wrist immediately killed by a raptor....

Didn't cry or whine just kept clawing and fighting. After all I was keeping my XP and level and things would and did get easier

But if crying and whining is your thing then I do suggest uninstalling the game

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, Bonehunter said:

P.S I tried PVE Official but people seem to think it's funny to wall in large areas of the beach so you can't get out? Game seems a real pile of you-know-what and not new player friendly if you ask me. Give it 6 months tops

I would suggest a unofficial pve server there is a few good ones. PVP player seem not to be the nicest people on Official and even worse on PVE

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

And that was my opinion. I have said multiple times that their might not be a wipe. My opinion it that they will. You flat out telling me I am wrong with nothing to back that up is completely uncalled for. @GP says people should not tell other people that their opinion is wrong so hopefully you will be held to the same standard.

So if you want to disagree go ahead but if I can't tell people they are wrong you shouldn't be doing it either

What I said was people's opinion are neither right or wrong, therefore people can't really be saying other peoples opinions are right or wrong, because it's an opinion.

You however posted in another thread saying a wipe is guaranteed, well that is something you can't actually guarantee.

1 minute ago, GP said:

What I said was people's opinion are neither right or wrong, therefore people can't really be saying other peoples opinions are right or wrong, because it's an opinion.

You however posted in another thread saying a wipe is guaranteed, well that is something you can't actually guarantee.

Jesus Christ @GP I can't disagree and say the flyer nerf is a good thing. People also say that the nerf is a bad thing. They can't prove that either. It is their opinion and I have my opinion on the wipe. Not only that I was talking to someone completely different about it when he barges in and says I am wrong flat out. And regardless of what I said before he wasn't commenting on that one. Just wondering why you think it is fine for people to say I am wrong but the minute I say someone is wrong you have a problem with it. It is really seeming pretty bias right now

17 hours ago, Bonehunter said:

Well I mean it sounds like the game was fun for someone else to play at this point. The guy destroying your houses and killing you is having fun. You chose PvP which was probably your mistake, most people have "fun" at the expense of others on PvP. Try a single player or PvE or find a tribe to take you in people usually need resource collectors

2 hours ago, MadTurninator said:

lag spoils the game . until they can make servers better i would advise anyone interested in the game to stay away for now as its unenjoyable

There are no problems with servers. This servers can handle another 50 different online games (ask nitrado, if you don't beleive me). On the other side, the code of this game has a big, VERY BIG problem.

8 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Jesus Christ @GP I can't disagree and say the flyer nerf is a good thing. People also say that the nerf is a bad thing. They can't prove that either. It is their opinion and I have my opinion on the wipe. Not only that I was talking to someone completely different about it when he barges in and says I am wrong flat out. And regardless of what I said before he wasn't commenting on that one. Just wondering why you think it is fine for people to say I am wrong but the minute I say someone is wrong you have a problem with it. It is really seeming pretty bias right now

Yee, people can say the flyer nerf is good or bad. The only proof required for that is if it affects your enjoyment of the game. If it doesn't, than it is good. If it negatively affects your enjoyment of the game, it is bad. That is all the proof required there.

As for stating there will be a wipe, although that may be your opinion, you are stating it as if it were a fact. Since you can't prove that it will indeed happen, and all information from wildcard seems to currently point the other way, people can call you wrong. It may turn out that there will be a wipe, but there has been no indication from wildcard that there will be. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it doesn't mean that opinion is right.

Archived