Stop Bashing the Developers!!!

DmpTrkDrvr

8 minutes ago, Irk said:

The problem here is the entitlement.

Players think they have so much power over the development of video games that they begin raising all kinds of hell when something doesn't go exactly their way. They think that just because they spent a couple of bucks on an early access game, which clearly states that things will change and the current state of the game may not be the final product, that they have a right to witch hunt when they refuse to adapt.

Being "passionate" about a video game doesn't give you the right to be an absolute jerk. Players need to realize that they're simply along for the ride, they're not behind the wheel of this vehicle. The angry minority that refuses to adapt gets ignored. By everyone. This is evident every time these forums blow up, but WC makes a statement about how "their fan base loves the changes". No, they're not delusional; the outrage that happens over every single change, big or small, isn't something a creator/artist/producer/developer/etc. wants to deal with. To put it simply, shut up because no one cares. Players need to learn how to focus their energy towards a rational, thought out response. I've seen WC respond to players on Reddit who instead of berating the developers and throwing a tantrum, they give their opinion in a reasonable, respectful manner.

At the end of the day, if you don't like what's on the menu, go to a restaurant that caters to your taste.

So much yes, ty sir!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Irk said:

At the end of the day, if you don't like what's on the menu, go to a restaurant that caters to your taste.

If i order a big mac i get a big mac. They fo not change the menu after i orderd it. If i get a big mac with a piece of chicken meat  instead of a hamburger you bet i sm going to complain

1 minute ago, Awakatanka said:

If i order a big mac i get a big mac. They fo not change the menu after i orderd it. If i get a big mac with a piece of chicken meat  instead of a hamburger you bet i sm going to complain

And this is exactly where you, and players like you, are dead wrong.

In this restaurant, the menu clearly states: the menu can and will change over time, and things may not be the same. What you ordered yesterday may not be the same as what you get today.

Only because you choose to ignore the disclaimer, that doesn't mean the company owes you anything.

7 minutes ago, Irk said:

In this restaurant, the menu clearly states: the menu can and will change over time, and things may not be the same. What you ordered yesterday may not be the same as what you get today.

Only because you choose to ignore the disclaimer, that doesn't mean the company owes you anything.

WC owe us their sucess. Without us, the studio would be closed by now.

Well, they set themselves up for it at every turn it would seem.
How about this one, click on the link [Scorched Earth] at the top banner for Xbox discount 40%off/30%off, where does it take you?
Add this up with 1000 other items and you can clearly see why the current community expresses much distaste most of the time for anything WC does.

And then ask yourself this, why is everyone upset or have mostly negative feedback on things most times... [has to be a reason]

Hey nobody's is perfect, but being that they have made this game for us it would seem they could do a little more in some areas to mitigate all
this hoopla that comes up daily. You never can please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I am not pleased where things have come and gone, but I do still play and try to ignore all the issues I have while I play. [hard some days]
Because you know what?

I find it still fun and until I don't I will keep playing and maybe even bashing the devs here and there where they need it from time to time.

9 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

WC owe us their sucess. Without us, the studio would be closed by now.

No offense, but you're absolutely crazy if this is your line of thinking.

A company is successful because of their customers, true. However, you purchased a product. Their end of the obligation is fulfilled. They created, you purchased. What exactly do they owe us? We're consumers. We aren't investors. They're fulfilling their promise of continuous updates; to me, they're going above and beyond.

Does Coke owe me anything because I bought a can of soda? Does Samsung owe me anything because I purchased a phone? Does Sperry's owe me anything because I liked one of their shoes enough to buy it? Every time you spend money at a company, you contribute to their ever growing success, right?

So what exactly do all these companies owe their customers?

Nothing.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:15 AM, Volcano637 said:

Yeah I just like new starts. Did it a lot. If a game doesn't have replay ability it wasn't that good to begin with. And by replay ability I mean like old school. You beat the game and then start completely over. I see ark as having replay ability 

Ark already has replay ability because you can at anytime start a new character at level 1 and start over.  I understand a wipe may be coming before the game is officially released, and I have mixed feelings on that.  But people should not be "forced" to restart over and over again. The option is already there for those that want to.

3 hours ago, Irk said:

I still get what i ordered what they discrebe on the menu from that moment.  And we are not complaining that they can change anything we complain because of the lack of communication.  They make bug section on forums so they ask feedback from us. If they do not communicate about the bugs and you only get sorry EA then they should remove all forums and report options till they go live. Its the lack of communication that makes people complain.  All people.that complain do that because they care about the game. In EA they can still change things if its live then it will be hard to change things. They dev have a view how the game will be. But that view does not always have  to be the best thing for your player base. The lack of communication with the flyer nerf made a huge part of the player base unhappy. I think im for the nerf (not live on ps4 yet) but if the majority of your player base is unhappy  should they still push it... Its EA so they still can change it back why can those player not complain about it.....

Archived