MAP CONCEPT FOR MODDERS

JEENA

Hi everyone !! While wondering on some custom maps, i started to think about the best map pattern for ark (To make it realistic, with no empty space and no useless biomes)

On the Island for example, nearly nobody will go build a base on islands or anywhere in deep water, so it makes nearly all the ocean biome useless (I'm a PVE player) => That's rare for me to see people with water dinos ... And even more rare to see big pens with like 5 mosasaurs or other creatures.

So i came up with an idea !! Why not combining some features from other cool maps to make a new map that have litteraly EVERYTHING on it ?

I took some time to inform myself about what makes the black sea basin (Just to get an ocean in the middle of the map instead of all around it).

Then, i made an entire mini-map (On PAINT) to put everything on, taking example from real life areas to make it realistic !! (Ofcourse)

ADDED MAPS INFOS (MINI-MAP + COLOURS INFOS)

The idea behind this map is simple : The north is rich with water and rivers that peacefully go down to the main interior lake (Or small sea).

When clouds forms above the sea, they go up with the really high temparature of the desert / savannah and then come down above the forest on the north, making this region very rainy and full of plants.

It's a real life phenomena that already exist in the Saharah, so i reproduced the idea on a ARK MAP.

The entire map is like a basin with it's own eco-system, surrounded by really high chain of moutains that blocks every clouds from quiting or entering the area, the mountains and the borders of the maps represent a really cold biome (Just like the Scorched Earth map with the desert, but here it's a really cold desert).

If any modder want to make this concept come to life, i'll help as much as i can (My PC isn't strong enough to handle the DEV KIT ... That's unfortunate).

Do not hesitate to contact me for more infos about this map :3

CONCEPT MAP.jpg

COLOR FOR MAP CONCEPT.jpg

Archived