Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jatheish

Community Crunch 89 & Eggcellent Adventure!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Jat said:

It isn't a matter of cluelessness, just a choice based on the state of the game. The process of breeding, whilst yes could have some work done to it to make it more of an enjoyable experience isn't meant to be a quick one, enabling events where we increase the rates that affect that aren't going to happen very often. I understand that not many people are going to be pleased with that, but we didn't give any indication prior that we'd be hosting an event (which we normally do in the patch notes for quite a while). 

I assume by half apology/half justification, you're probably referring to my tweet-longer I made earlier in the day. That was in response to players asking why the easter event isn't something new, and why it was coming late on some platforms, and that's because it isn't a priority right now. Our focus is the main game, and as much as we'd like to do all the events and make them these huge festive experiences, sometimes they're going to have to take a back seat. 

As for fliers, there's a lot of commentary on that already out there and we've expressed how we feel about them, as well as where they fit into the game, obviously there are going to be occasions where people feel we've taken the wrong step, but ultimately we believe those balance adjustments were necessary for the health of the game. 

Hopefully, you're still able to enjoy the Easter Event and make the cosmetics if they're not your cup of tea, we've still got a regular Evolution Event running and if that's still not your thing, that's completely understandable. Hope you have a good Easter weekend! 

For breeding in future changes if ever to happen can you please consider working folk, i have weekends off but that doesnt give me time to do anytthing, things like a better feeding trough with longer timers and more space, even larger stacks while in the trough.  for people out the house 10-12 hours+ because when ive tried to breed i return home to a dead/missing dino. better imprint service we can also use, never once been able to get more than 70% and that was when the breeding event was on. 

 

Thanks

 

ps can you make the bunny eggs drop more, we've found one on an official server all morning lol :)

6 hours ago, Jat said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would have been quite happy to do the easter event but server 173 and its associated clusters have become a scene from groundhog day servers constantly crashing and rolling back on the Brightside guess we can find the same egg over and over again lol but I really hope something can be done to fix this :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! 

For anyone looking for crazy-fun Easter Event for this weekend, please check out Egg Roulette. This mod allows dinos to lay eggs of any kind! Even eggs not normally seen on ARKs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905523603

There is a chance for Easter skins - bunny ears and rabbit outfit for roos. All of the new eggs are decorated for Easter.

When you're done with the event,  simply remove the mod; it removes completely clean. All of your new babies will remain; they're all vanilla dinos. 

Get together with your server and see what kind of fun you can hatch up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jat said:

The process of breeding, whilst yes could have some work done to it to make it more of an enjoyable experience isn't meant to be a quick one,

Everything in the game should be enjoyable. It's a game. I'm yet to encounter anyone who actually breeds or wants to that thinks breeding should take as long as it does.

12 hours ago, Jat said:

As for fliers, there's a lot of commentary on that already out there and we've expressed how we feel about them, as well as where they fit into the game, obviously there are going to be occasions where people feel we've taken the wrong step

When you create a product with the intention of selling it to as many people as possible it's generally best to go along with what people want. Artistic flair is great but you guys aren't making a product with the intention of mounting it on your wall. You want to sell it. Your desire to shape the game the way *you* want comes second. Money should come first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Typh0n90 said:

Everything in the game should be enjoyable. It's a game. I'm yet to encounter anyone who actually breeds or wants to that thinks breeding should take as long as it does.

When you create a product with the intention of selling it to as many people as possible it's generally best to go along with what people want. Artistic flair is great but you guys aren't making a product with the intention of mounting it on your wall. You want to sell it. Your desire to shape the game the way *you* want comes second. Money should come first.

I am interested in breeding and getting mutations with colours etc but then I will admit I play singleplayer so really don't mind teh long breeding periods as I can just log off when I want and the game freezes and I log on again when I am next on! Honestly though there needs to be some effort required if people want super dinos. It can't all be easy to achieve. At least in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Typh0n90 said:

Everything in the game should be enjoyable. It's a game. I'm yet to encounter anyone who actually breeds or wants to that thinks breeding should take as long as it does.

I definitely thing it should take as long as it does - perhaps much longer even. But breeding should not require periodic attention with an interval that is short enough to interfere with a working day (or, worse, a full night's sleep!); nor should it involve sitting around in game doing very little for an extended period (as can be the case now during the initial part of the baby phase).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Way more important stuff than mk3 going on. I do understand where you are coming from, however there are a lot more pressing issues at hand that some flyer nerf

The gameply balance is one of the most important aspect of any game. It must be challenging, but not tedious or boring as current flyers are, maybe with one or two exceptions. We reached the point when it is high time for Wildcard to make this game fun, not keeping it in state of grindfest as it is now. The new dinosaurs can be released at any stage of development, the balance must be done before premiere.

If someone promised something, I expect him to fulfill that. This is important matter for community and the longer we wait for Mk3, the more players download the Classic Flyer Mod (now over 100 000) and their level of trust in Wildcard drops to zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

The gameply balance is one of the most important aspect of any game. It must be challenging, but not tedious or boring as current flyers are, maybe with one or two exceptions. We reached the point when it is high time for Wildcard to make this game fun, not keeping it in state of grindfest as it is now. The new dinosaurs can be released at any stage of development, the balance must be done before premiere.

If someone promised something, I expect him to fulfill that. This is important matter for community and the longer we wait for Mk3, the more players download the Classic Flyer Mod (now over 100 000) and their level of trust in Wildcard drops to zero.

They promised to give mk2 but as far as mk3 goes I never saw a promise in there. They said they are looking at numbers and listening to people but I wouldn't call that a promise. And once again there are still other things to worry about. I also see fixing lag and rubber banding as wayyy more important than the flyers as well. It's not just pushing out content, flyers just aren't as important as all these other stuff, especially if it is combined 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

They promised to give mk2 but as far as mk3 goes I never saw a promise in there. They said they are looking at numbers and listening to people but I wouldn't call that a promise. And once again there are still other things to worry about. I also see fixing lag and rubber banding as wayyy more important than the flyers as well. It's not just pushing out content, flyers just aren't as important as all these other stuff, especially if it is combined 

They said they are going to make further changes according to feedback of Mk2. That qualifies for the promise to be honest.

Rubberbanding, heh. This is what happens when you have low tick server (read up how low tick rates BF4 servers were at the beginning and how awful multiplayer was, because of it) and thousands dinosaurs roaming the Island at the same time. Sometimes server is so overloaded that I have to wait in a queque to have my rifle reloaded.

I understand the annoyance that was one of reason why I left official pve 417 server, but regardless of our complains they won't do anything about it unless they release all dinosaurs at least and that means 2 updates yet.

Edited by Lewiatan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

They said they are going to make further changes according to feedback of Mk2. That qualifies for the promise to be honest.

Rubberbanding, heh. This is what happens when you have low tick server (read up how low tick rates BF4 servers were at the beginning and how awful multiplayer was, because of it) and thousands dinosaurs roaming the Island at the same time. Sometimes server is so overloaded that I have to wait in a queque to have my rifle reloaded.

I understand the annoyance that was one of reason why I left official pve 417 server, but regardless of our complains they won't do anything about it unless they release all dinosaurs at least and that means 2 updates yet.

Ok so even more reason to get all the Dino's out. Heck I think they should just release the rest of all the is left in this next update. Then fix the lag and rubber banding, then we can worry about flyers.

i get that people don't like the nerf, i really do. The thing is though, there might be a lot of people that don't like the nerf, but EVERYONE hates the lag and rubber banding. Everybody always talks about what side has the majority on an issue, well when it comes to lag and rubber banding I would say a 100% dislike is the more important issue. Not just that but those are problems we have been waiting to be fixed for a couple of years now so I stil say flyers should be nowhere near the top of the priority list.

lets just get all the content out and quick. Maybe even if there is two updates left, make them both happen in the same month or even two weeks apart then just really tackle the lag issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...