Community Crunch 89 & Eggcellent Adventure!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

OMG. Ok like I said 2 updates as well. Isn't there only 8 left? They do 4 an update. Still think the lag and rubber banding is way more important to focus on

There's 9 dossiers left at present.

Lag and rubberbanding has been a problem forever, no reason it would be more important to people now than it was a year ago. The focus i believe is just getting content out which also includes balancing. A lot can actually be done in a short space of time, particularly as time flies by.

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Ok so even more reason to get all the Dino's out. Heck I think they should just release the rest of all the is left in this next update. Then fix the lag and rubber banding, then we can worry about flyers.

i get that people don't like the nerf, i really do. The thing is though, there might be a lot of people that don't like the nerf, but EVERYONE hates the lag and rubber banding. Everybody always talks about what side has the majority on an issue, well when it comes to lag and rubber banding I would say a 100% dislike is the more important issue. Not just that but those are problems we have been waiting to be fixed for a couple of years now so I stil say flyers should be nowhere near the top of the priority list.

lets just get all the content out and quick. Maybe even if there is two updates left, make them both happen in the same month or even two weeks apart then just really tackle the lag issue

With Mk2 I dislike how slow a quetzal is. It is not fun to hold shift+W buttons for 7 minutes to reach far sides of the map doing nothing productive.

Wyverns need to have seperated stamina bars, one for movement, the one for breath attacks. So you can nerf their power without reducing their agility.

That what I really need to have solved in Mk3.

Let's hope the key content will be added quickly.

1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

With Mk2 I dislike how slow a quetzal is. It is not fun to hold shift+W buttons for 7 minutes to reach far sides of the map doing nothing productive.

Wyverns need to have seperated stamina bars, one for movement, the one for breath attacks. So you can nerf their power without reducing their agility.

That what I really need to have solved in Mk3.

Let's hope the key content will be added quickly.

And I completely agree with you on all counts.

On 4/15/2017 at 0:57 AM, Jat said:

No DodoRex for this event!

Once we're ready to make more changes, we'll put a thread up like last time :)

Aye, will see if we can get one of these done soon. I know, it's always soon! But quite literally spending every moment on development. Will try and make sure the next one is juicy. 

Which is to say they have ZERO plans to do so. 

On 4/15/2017 at 0:04 AM, GarvielLoken said:

Wow really, no breeding+hatching for an EASTER event where its, at least on the commercial side, all about bunnies and eggs? 

I wonder if you intentionally raptor your reputation up or if you are so clueless that you dont even understand not even the basic things your community likes and wants. 

Also this half apology half justification for why you didnt plan to do an easter event is unbelievable - no poop your customers were expecting you do at least the same event on major holidays each year, this is just common sense guys, really. 

Throughout the last weeks after you raptored up the fliers, ppl were at least hoping for a breeding+hatching event on easter, saved eggs up for this weekend which is in some contries a 4 day vacation and you dont even consider thinking about such basic things like that.

This is... wow.. just wow. 

Wild card isn't obligated to do any event. It's better they put their resources toward getting the game to the final product. Not to mention a breeding event seems more geared towards a valentines event than an Easter event. And if they were to increase any rates it should be the egg laying intervals rather than anything to do with maturation. Wild Card keep up the good work!

On 4/15/2017 at 7:04 AM, Jat said:

It isn't a matter of cluelessness, just a choice based on the state of the game. The process of breeding, whilst yes could have some work done to it to make it more of an enjoyable experience isn't meant to be a quick one, enabling events where we increase the rates that affect that aren't going to happen very often. I understand that not many people are going to be pleased with that, but we didn't give any indication prior that we'd be hosting an event (which we normally do in the patch notes for quite a while). 

I assume by half apology/half justification, you're probably referring to my tweet-longer I made earlier in the day. That was in response to players asking why the easter event isn't something new, and why it was coming late on some platforms, and that's because it isn't a priority right now. Our focus is the main game, and as much as we'd like to do all the events and make them these huge festive experiences, sometimes they're going to have to take a back seat. 

As for fliers, there's a lot of commentary on that already out there and we've expressed how we feel about them, as well as where they fit into the game, obviously there are going to be occasions where people feel we've taken the wrong step, but ultimately we believe those balance adjustments were necessary for the health of the game. 

Hopefully, you're still able to enjoy the Easter Event and make the cosmetics if they're not your cup of tea, we've still got a regular Evolution Event running and if that's still not your thing, that's completely understandable. Hope you have a good Easter weekend! 

I think he is more upset about the fact that imprinting takes a lot of time, and if you are a average human who has a day job, breeding has basically eliminated imprinting 100% on a lot of the larger animals, as you cannot get on while at work. The benefit to a 100% imprinted creature over a 95% imprinted creature is massive.

I know from my side, I was really hoping there was a breeding event, as that is the only way I could get a wyvern hatched, as well as some rex's. But sadly, no breeding event now puts me even further behind the other tribes, who have people in it that can be on 24/7.

While I understand why the breeding takes so long, i really think it might be worth it to also take into consideration the people who have got day jobs and would want to experience all the aspects of the came in its entirety. Playing on the PS4, and the centre, the only way you can bear the final boss is by having a large amount of rex's with all having extremely high health, and melee damage, for that you need to have imprinted 100% on all 10 generations of the rex's you are breeding. The over 4 day breeding time means that I cannot even breed 1 rex and 100% imprint it.

Putting in leave is not always an option for everybody. So please take that into consideration when you do rework the breeding aspect of the game.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:22 PM, ThatsMrDeath2U said:

Wild card isn't obligated to do any event. It's better they put their resources toward getting the game to the final product. Not to mention a breeding event seems more geared towards a valentines event than an Easter event. And if they were to increase any rates it should be the egg laying intervals rather than anything to do with maturation. Wild Card keep up the good work!

Actually, if you look at the history of easter, it is the pagan festival of fertility, hence the bunnies, multiply like rabbits. So a breeding boost would have made more sense over easter weekend, than over valentines.

I'm glad they decided to do the event. I missed it last because I ended up taking a break from the game for a couple months. In two days I tamed a 150 Procop and try-hard collected enough eggs for the bunny suit. It's a win. Hopefully they do the birthday event again so I can get a crack at some birthday suits. Thanks WC.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:43 AM, Aridhol said:

As a side note, I don't think a flyers mk3 is needed. I am happy with the current state 

Just give the whiners a config and call it gg

I wouldn't mind another tweak. It still doesn't quite match the in game dossiers. Which, I would love to see updated consistency on.

Also. I finally figured out how to finally find more than 1-2 Easter eggs per day!

A lot of people I know on Xbox are frustrated with this new flyer update. They are either quitting ark or taking a break.

i do like how they are forcing people to actually bring the war to the ground I think they should have at least had a breeding event to soften the blow. Having even just 2x breeding would suffice.

• 3 weeks later...