Jen's twitlonger "wrapping up development"

Milsurp

51 minutes ago, hunglo187 said:

lol... my name shows how mature i am? it really doesnt speak on anything other than a name.. 

you ever play any of EA games? lets just speak about 1 EA title..... Battlefield.... i  have played battle field since they started making the series... i can say in every new one they release there are tons of bugs... and half of them never get fixed...  its what EA is known for... keeping a steady title releases regardless the outcome... maybe WC care for there game and would like to fix alot of things... but EA has a time frame they put you on and if the game is playable and ok to release in there eyes it will be released bugs or not... 

camping under broken buildings in battlefield has been there and alwasy will be or how about the new battlefield where some crazy poop happens  my tank was launched from spawn to other side of map with a grenade a team mate threw down lol... EA doesnt care about anything like that just titles and money and deadlines... we consumers will always buy in hopes they fixed the next title

Oh you are saying Electronics Arts games, not Early Access...

That's funny because EA is comparable to Blizzard.

And no, game releases get pushed back all the time, I'm sure if there was a progression blocking bug found close to release, the game would be delayed.  A physics glitch that happens one time per thousand hours, that cannot be reproduced, that doesn't effect game-play is not a priority for a number of reasons.

And this post is the perfect example of children posting about things they think they understand.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hunglo187 said:

lol... my name shows how mature i am? it really doesnt speak on anything other than a name.. 

you ever play any of EA games? lets just speak about 1 EA title..... Battlefield.... i  have played battle field since they started making the series... i can say in every new one they release there are tons of bugs... and half of them never get fixed...  its what EA is known for... keeping a steady title releases regardless the outcome... maybe WC care for there game and would like to fix alot of things... but EA has a time frame they put you on and if the game is playable and ok to release in there eyes it will be released bugs or not... 

camping under broken buildings in battlefield has been there and alwasy will be or how about the new battlefield where some crazy poop happens  my tank was launched from spawn to other side of map with a grenade a team mate threw down lol... EA doesnt care about anything like that just titles and money and deadlines... we consumers will always buy in hopes they fixed the next title

When people here use the term EA they mean early access not Electronic Arts. Just thought I'd put that out there.

3 hours ago, eESTlane said:

@Milsurp hold your horses. i think you over-exaggerate a little. think what JAT was trying to say is that main game has priority over funzies. and that's what these holiday events are, waste of development time. good for the community but ultimately pushing back the release date. 

on the subject of "wrapping things up", counting the unreleased creatures, i would like to know what they will do with the mods or are they going to add further mechanics to the game that does not involve pooping. still kinda lacking content :/ 

Dude, how am I misinterpreting the words "wrapping up development on the main game"? If there's a lack of clarity, it's on the side of the person who said that. You can't be throwing statements like that out to the public unless the literal meaning is exactly what you intend to communicate. 

2 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

Dude, how am I misinterpreting the words "wrapping up development on the main game"? If there's a lack of clarity, it's on the side of the person who said that. You can't be throwing statements like that out to the public unless the literal meaning is exactly what you intend to communicate. 

Couldn't agree more

16 hours ago, tidalblade said:

Oh you are saying Electronics Arts games, not Early Access...

That's funny because EA is comparable to Blizzard.

And no, game releases get pushed back all the time, I'm sure if there was a progression blocking bug found close to release, the game would be delayed.  A physics glitch that happens one time per thousand hours, that cannot be reproduced, that doesn't effect game-play is not a priority for a number of reasons.

And this post is the perfect example of children posting about things they think they understand.

lol... always with children and immature nonsense.... maybe it is you that dont know much about "electronic arts"  so you understand....  go play there BIG titles and play though them then come back and tell me what i say is not true.. every one of there games are littered with little bug and big bugs.. not one game that they have released has not had bugs and actually game breaking bugs

"Electronic Arts" been around since 80's i have been playing them since maybe 1990's so clearly im not a child... 

then comparing blizzard to EA is not comparable.. being blizzards literally has maybe 20 titles under there belt and try to perfect each... as "electronic arts" probably has about 500 plus or minus and most after release they have never came back and fixed there bugs... EA is money hungry this game will come out and it will still be littered with bugs.. if EA doesnt see profit coming to it guaranteed they will drop the title and youll never see any bugs fixed its way the industry works 

1 hour ago, hunglo187 said:

lol... always with children and immature nonsense.... maybe it is you that dont know much about "electronic arts"  so you understand....  go play there BIG titles and play though them then come back and tell me what i say is not true.. every one of there games are littered with little bug and big bugs.. not one game that they have released has not had bugs and actually game breaking bugs

"Electronic Arts" been around since 80's i have been playing them since maybe 1990's so clearly im not a child... 

then comparing blizzard to EA is not comparable.. being blizzards literally has maybe 20 titles under there belt and try to perfect each... as "electronic arts" probably has about 500 plus or minus and most after release they have never came back and fixed there bugs... EA is money hungry this game will come out and it will still be littered with bugs.. if EA doesnt see profit coming to it guaranteed they will drop the title and youll never see any bugs fixed its way the industry works 

Sorry, I didn't clarify, When I said Blizzard, I meant Activision-Blizzard, which merged a few years ago.

I'm not going to get into my qualifications or knowledge of the video game industry with you, because you clearly do not know what you are talking about, but have no problem making ridiculous claims.  But what more would I expect from hunglo187, clearly an encyclopedia of Game Industry knowledge.

On 4/14/2017 at 11:12 AM, Milsurp said:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sppntv

"everyone at Studio Wildcard is focusing on wrapping up development on the main game."

Say WHAAAAAAAAT? This thing is about half done. You've got massive problems with collision, pathfinding, AI, new game experience, terrain, dino balance, high-end game, client stability, and the list goes on and on. 

Early Access does not mean you get to keep your game in a half-alpha, half-beta state for years and then just decide "It's done, shove it out the door!". It means you get supported early on to push your game from alpha through beta to fully finished, fully polished release state where you can sell it for full price. 

Ark isn't even close to that point. 

@Jen thank you for concentrating on finalizing the content. We can fix stuff later, let's get all the content out first

On 14.4.2017 at 8:43 PM, tidalblade said:

That is actually incorrect.  And counter to what they have stated their design process was.  Iteration is the antithesis of fixing everything all at once.

Infact most games follow an approach that is completely the opposite.  While I do not agree with either approach for a number of reasons, A healthy middle ground is probably the best approach (see any Blizzard game).

Blizzard has hundreds, if not a thousand of people working on a game.

How many people has WC?

4 hours ago, tidalblade said:

Yes.  However we are not discussing the amount of employees, but the way things are managed.

So, no it does not matter.

I disagree that more people = better always? I mean, who came up with that? More people generally means more ability to produce work, but less quality and more rework due to the conflicts in thinking and undiscussed decision-making that goes on. And the scale of the communications management goes up drastically with the number of features you produce, meaning a higher manager/worker ration, meaning less money for work. 

6 hours ago, tidalblade said:

Yes.  However we are not discussing the amount of employees, but the way things are managed.

So, no it does not matter.

More people can manage:

a) more things in the same time

b)same amount of things in a shorter time

c)same amount of things with hgher efficiency

You are free to think that it doesn't matter. But it does.

43 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

And you are free to continue to not comprehend the point I am making.

Your point is simply wrong. Objectively. There is nothing more to say about it.

Yo comprende what you mean. It is wrong. There cannot be a scenario in gaming development where less people are better. Besides if all team members have different ideas and slow down the work of each if you, for example, have 5 storywriters who cannot agree on what story they want.

And you cannot go a healthy middle way without hundreds of people working on a project. Graphic designers have an easier job than programmers. QA department doesn't have it as hard as storywriter, and  so on. To counter that, you need more workforce, which covery my post about workforce = efficiency = quality.

If you have a small studio, content will be produced faster than bugfixing most of the time.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Your point is simply wrong. Objectively. There is nothing more to say about it.

Yo comprende what you mean. It is wrong. There cannot be a scenario in gaming development where less people are better. Besides if all team members have different ideas and slow down the work of each if you, for example, have 5 storywriters who cannot agree on what story they want.

And you cannot go a healthy middle way without hundreds of people working on a project. Graphic designers have an easier job than programmers. QA department doesn't have it as hard as storywriter, and  so on. To counter that, you need more workforce, which covery my post about workforce = efficiency = quality.

If you have a small studio, content will be produced faster than bugfixing most of the time.

For the love of Christ.

I am not arguing about the amount of people you genius.  Go back and re-read the first post of mine that you quoted.  Then read all my responses to you telling you that I was not talking about the amount of people working at WC.

The first post of mine you quoted was telling the other person that, what WC says they do(iterate) is different from what they appear to be doing(completing one aspect and then fixing everything of another aspect later) .  It was not saying that WC should hire as many people as Blizzard OR comparing the efficiency of WC vs Blizzard, based on workforce.  I was saying that I prefer Blizzard's design and deployment system(which IS iterative).

I didn't say anywhere that less people is more efficient.  You have in-fact been arguing a random point in your posts, all while quoting my posts.  Cool.

And your assertion that 'Content will be produced faster than bug-fixing' is retarded, for ANY SIZE STUDIO.

I work in the game industry, and I can tell you that the time and money spent on QA is faaaaar less than design and production.

16 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

WC needs to make a daily post, at the end of their work days like "

to day we worked on this and that and we discussed to do this, not decided yet. everything we say here is subject to change

would take maximum 10 minutes. it doesn t have to be detailed at all

But in most cases they cannot just say what they're worked on. NDA.

People could steal the content and release it faster, claim copyright and WC has to do something new from scratch. Just a theory, but it's possible.

10 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

But in most cases they cannot just say what they're worked on. NDA.

People could steal the content and release it faster, claim copyright and WC has to do something new from scratch. Just a theory, but it's possible.

I agree. I am sure they can find something to say without thath risk though...

On 4/14/2017 at 9:40 PM, Milsurp said:

You're reading the words "wrapping up development" and assuming it means right now, as-is, and the current game state is what we're getting.

This is not the case. Based on the context of that post, they're prioritizing wrapping up development, which just means that they're working towards their end goal, over putting out holiday events.

Based on what I read in that post, I'm taking away that they'd rather work towards a finished product than take their manpower and put it towards bringing us holiday events, which I can appreciate. You're taking a few words out of context and misinterpreting it.

Sometimes other work is going to take priority, and in this case, we were all well aware that Easter was coming up, just like it does every year but everyone at Studio Wildcard is focusing on wrapping up development on the main game.

They're just trying to finish the game and implement all the things that come with a final product.

Archived