Help building a hatching room?

Chappa183

Hey,

You should make sure to have enough refridgerators inside your hatchery, depends on how many dinos you want to hatch at a time, but 15-20 should be enough for normal usage.

Also add air conditioners to it, on island you should be save with 9 air cons, on scorched earth you will need minimum 14 iirc.

And most importantly, the feeding troughs. Also depends on how much you are hatching simultaniously, probably 5-6 should be enough for a start.

Hope I could help you :)

• 1 month later...

@Lostalongtheway

So the babies will eat out of the feeding troughs? (I killed 3 cause I couldn't keep them fed)

Do the ACs regulate temp for hatching?

The fridge is to just keep the food fresh?

Does the kibble make more of an impact than normal meat and berries?

I'm still learning the breeding process and I'm on a non-dedicated server so it's difficult to do this by myself.

Thanks!

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, carramrod094 said:

@Lostalongtheway

So the babies will eat out of the feeding troughs? (I killed 3 cause I couldn't keep them fed)

I'm still learning the breeding process and I'm on a non-dedicated server so it's difficult to do this by myself.

Thanks!

No (They will once they hit 10% maturation)

Yes (The more you have, the wider the temp range they can handle)

Yes (But also putting your eggs in there if you need to do something is useful. Putting a full fridge of food in the fridge is a good reserve so if the troughs run out, you've still got something to keep your babies going until you can get more)

Imprinting is something that boosts the bred dino. It's not so much for feeding, as much as a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 9:09 AM, carramrod094 said:

@Lostalongtheway

Thanks!

On 6/6/2017 at 10:39 AM, BubbaCrawfish said:

No (They will once they hit 10% maturation)

Yes (The more you have, the wider the temp range they can handle)

Yes (But also putting your eggs in there if you need to do something is useful. Putting a full fridge of food in the fridge is a good reserve so if the troughs run out, you've still got something to keep your babies going until you can get more)

Imprinting is something that boosts the bred dino. It's not so much for feeding, as much as a treat.

10% maturation also being once they can carry 10% of their total weight.  Dododex has the timelines on each page.

Also, research all the kibble your babies could potentially ask for.  There's a bunch.  Go tame these creatures and get lots of eggs.  At least one male and female so they get the egg boost, always as many females as possible once you have one male.  The egg boost increases the chances a egg will pop out instead of poop.  Adding a oviraptor increases these odds even more.

• 2 weeks later...

16 AC units will get you to about 1600 Hyper/Hypo at this setting you can hatch an egg with no regard for weather conditions and keep the egg health at a high %

Meat is a thing... a real thing.. I just learned this weekend. there may be a formula to it but I dont know it yet however 5 argies and 5 rexes = 1 empty trough in about an hour multiple troughs help but spoil faster so more collection is needed. 

Hatch in AC, leave a door or opening to have your hatchling follow you. You will need an area to grow your dino so if you are breeding a bronto you will need a Behemoth exit. 

You need room for imprinting if they want to go on a walk. 

Hatching to hatch = 3-4 fridges. Hatching to breed = 15 ish fridges 

Have fun and learn your stats... All servers have a dino limit even if you get 500 dino per tribe the server limit could be reached. Kill off what is not needed. 

Good luck 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure your maturing feeding troughs are far enough away from your existing dinos so it's focus in on the younglings.
No one has mentioned the fact that the babies don't get full substance from any meat when they are little so using cooked meat will result in fewer spoilage. You never know when life is going to kick in and you'll have to leave them on their own for awhile. I have an industrial grill in my hatchery with a door behind it so i can fill it from the outside. Also you can use preserving salt in the dino to help with spoilage so I also have vessels mortar and pedestals as well.

My AC's are flat in the floor, one day I'll hide that wireoreNYBM.jpg

25073318_146858085970175_830911617750868182_o.jpg

25358386_146858375970146_9143677443263540582_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Make sure your nursery is airtight..obvious in PvP, but in PvE people can and will steal the fert eggs if you leave a door open, I don't build regular doors on my hatchery/nursery (only dino gates, so it's easy to see if they are open or closed).   I built a detached building for my nursery away from the main building / pens where my kibble and other dinos are, so that there's no impact from them on the food troughs.  Basically built a rectangular room with the AC units on one end...the middle area is for Juve / Adolescent stage, then the other end has a behemoth gate so I can walk full size or large adolescents outside to an open air pen.  The feeding troughs are set up near the behemoth gate so that their reach extends on the left towards the juvenile area and on the right with the indoor/outdoor adolescent pens.  Food storage (meat and imprinting kibble fridges) and an industrial grill are also in the middle/juve section, with dino gates on the wall behind them so that lots of raw meat or berries can be quickly offloaded from the gathering dinos.

Some things to make life easier:

- Dedicate some crop plots to mejoberries somewhere on your farm, makes for much less stressful collecting

- Make seperate fridges for fert eggs vs regular...keep your cooking area in your main base and the fert eggs in a fridge in the nursery (hard lesson when I cooked up boss rex eggs accidently for kibble)

- Build a flat runway area leading off of the juve area for imprinting walks...can extend outside if you don't want to waste resources to cover it.  It needs to be a fair distance to get the walk credit and sometimes the normal "box nursery" isn't large enough to accomodate for the walk distance.

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2018 at 1:24 PM, mbanghart said:

Besides having plenty of AC's I also use a behemoth gate since I raise Rex babies.  I also placed some signs outside the nursery to mark the feeding troth boundary.  That way nobody places a dino within the nursery eating zone.  I think the range from a troth is about 10.

Trough range is 14 squares straight line or 7 diagonally from corners of the trough 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding/ can be a very helpful tool to use if you're unsure how much food you'll need for your babies, or how much time you are able to spend away from them. It's good for other stuff too, check it out. ?

Jerky is an excellent back-up food if you have to be gone longer and you're worried about food spoiling. 

If you have access to it, salt is a great way to stretch the food without losing as much to spoilage. It's cheap and easy to make, and we find it to be really helpful especially on some of the larger carnivores like Rexes and Gigas. You can use it on anything, of course, but that's where we get the most use out of it, especially if raising multiple babies. 

Dodo kibble.. everything will eat it and it can be a lifesaver as a backup food method. It's easy to get in mass,, it is lightweight, it stacks in lots of 100, and it has a longer spoil time than any other food. When we are doing a raise, we'll usually put a stack or more of dodo kibble on the babies, especially once they hit 10% and eat from the trough. If for some reason the trough runs out of food or you have internet problems, or whatever else the issue or circumstances may be, having the dodo kibble to fall back on can make the difference between the babies starving to death or living. 

The favorite kibble fills up 80 points of food, (exceptions: Megalosaurus: 135; Diplocaulus, Daeodon, Kaprosuchus: 120; Bronto, Diplodocus, Woolly Rhino: 53.33; Archaeopteryx: 25; Rock Elemental: 20). Non-favorite kibble fills up 90 or 60 points of food and gives only 1/8 of the taming progress than the favorite kibble. Because of the more food-points it gives, the creature waits longer before eating the next kibble than it would if you were using other food types.

Archived