Broodmother Hard Mode Warning

DotStop

If anyone plans on doing Broodmother on Hard mode and you haven't done her before, please do yourself a favor and practice on medium first and make sure you can get her stuck consistently so that she doesn't attack you, I don't want anyone to lose their rexes because they were ill-prepared.. You can even practice on easy if you want to save the tribute resources. If you do not get her stuck she will demolish you and your rexes before you have a chance to kill her no matter what HP or Armor you have on your saddles, that being said however I still encourage to NOT skimp on a decent hp pool or a good Saddle BP.

We did Broodmother on Hard tonight and it actually went pretty well, but only because we got her stuck. We took in 3 players/20 rexes and of those rexes, the stats that 80% of the rexes we were running were 25k HP and a little bit above 700% melee. (See first Screenshot)

When we went in and started moving our rexes into position a couple of them got stuck momentarily while they ran into one of the pillars, because Dino AI isn't the smartest AI. One of the rexes in particular "Zella" Took a few hits before we got into positioned and before we got the boss pinned. Zella lost 19k of her 25k HP after the fight was over with a 86.4 armor saddle and even the other rexes took 3-5k damage even though we had her pinned for 95% of the fight. In the 2nd and 3rd screenshots below you can see Zella and the damage she has taken via the blood marks. In the 4th screenshot is a picture of Zella's stats several hours later(taken for this post that I decided to make later). Also a testament to not mess around with the baby spiders, one of our rexes (Helsa) took a dive off the bridge and died in about 30 seconds or so just to the Araneos alone, that being said the spiders are only able to be summoned if the Broodmother is not pinned. The 5th screenshot is Broodmother's stats postmortem if anyone was curious.

Some Final Notes : Until there is a rebalance on the bosses(if ever) I do not think it is physically possible to kill Broodmother with out pinning her, if you do not pin her she is demolish your rexes before you have the chance to dish out enough damage. There is a fair bit of improvement we could do and want to do for our rexes but in a 1v20 head-to-head match I do not believe the rexes would win, even with the improvements such as 45+ base HP stat, 100% imprint, or a higher armor rex saddle. If I left any important details I include them in an edit or if anyone has any questions feel free to post here. Also as a shameless plug, if anyone is selling 45+ rex stats that are unmutated/wild tame I'm very much interested in buying anything except for melee.

1 hour ago, Loui said:

Good post and great info here thanks for that. Any tips on the getting her stuck part? That's what I'm worried about. I've seen videos where they get her stuck on the bridge? But I'm not sure what they do exactly. If you can give any details on that I'd really appreciate it. 

Just get her stuck as SOON as you can. We also did it on hard and only loss we had was the two breeded rexes from one player, cause the acid attack of the brood took them down.

Just avoida cid attacks and run directly body to body, as soon as you can, dont waste time or acid attacks will kill your dinos or players

7 minutes ago, Alex114 said:

Just get her stuck as SOON as you can. We also did it on hard and only loss we had was the two breeded rexes from one player, cause the acid attack of the brood took them down.

Just avoida cid attacks and run directly body to body, as soon as you can, dont waste time or acid attacks will kill your dinos or players

So just rush in there and surround her with rexes? And on the bridge? 

1 minute ago, Loui said:

So just rush in there and surround her with rexes? And on the bridge? 

No we didnt do it on bridge. Bridge is very bad tactic cause rexes can fall and then stay forever under

- Block it the faster you can, preferably after she crossed the brdge

- if one guy got hurt ONCE by acid with his rex he goes back and let others go first

- just go asap in close combat with ascendant saddles you wont take much dmg, the priority is to close combat the faster to avoid acid attacks

So what we did is we painted the rexes we wanted to ride different colors for each person. When we went in we had one person (me in this case) whistle all of the rexes to the back wall(a wipe would actually probably help a ton to help them face the right direction so that they don't have to do a circle.) While all the rexes are moving their way to the back wall we all that the opportunity to find and mount the rexes that we want to ride. You want to bait broodmother to somewhere between the platform you spawn on and the back wall, although you don't want to waste to much time. When we think broodmother is in a good location to attack we all move it and we whistle attack this target, which is the period key by default. After you go in with all your rexes its pretty much having all the mounted riders just stand as far in the broodmother as possible(as far as I know). She might do some rotating around but she never attacked when she rotated. We bait her back because like  Alex114 said, fighting on the bridge is a very bad idea because it is very very very easy for your rexes to just run off into the chasm below, in which case your pretty much permanently down a rex.

2 minutes ago, DotStop said:

So what we did is we painted the rexes we wanted to ride different colors for each person. When we went in we had one person (me in this case) whistle all of the rexes to the back wall(a wipe would actually probably help a ton to help them face the right direction so that they don't have to do a circle.) While all the rexes are moving their way to the back wall we all that the opportunity to find and mount the rexes that we want to ride. You want to bait broodmother to somewhere between the platform you spawn on and the back wall, although you don't want to waste to much time. When we think broodmother is in a good location to attack we all move it and we whistle attack this target, which is the period key by default. After you go in with all your rexes its pretty much having all the mounted riders just stand as far in the broodmother as possible(as far as I know). She might do some rotating around but she never attacked when she rotated. We bait her back because like  Alex114 said, fighting on the bridge is a very bad idea because it is very very very easy for your rexes to just run off into the chasm below, in which case your pretty much permanently down a rex.

The ROCK just after the bridge is also a real cancer (if a dev is reading this) most of the rexes getstuck on it, i never seen such trash in a video game, cant you just fix the rocks and dinos behavior,

to resume be carefull about this rock on right side of the bridge

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 1:39 AM, Keltten said:

Pinning does make it much easier. 

Personally i like to bring the brood to us.. 

fighting it on the platform allows you to get everything ready as it walks over to you. So harder to get stuck and all. just don't let the rexs touch the back wall.

What would happen if the rexs touch the back wall?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. A great documentary of what is needed if you're zerging bosses without support dinos.

As of right now the meta will start to change when more players seek out breeders to bring in daeodons and Yutyrannus into these fights for the buff and healing. I suspect this is where the game will eventually go. Even when going in with Therzi. And we won't necessarily need these super end game breeded rexes. Until then the minimum for these fights will be somewhat of a mystery unless someone decides to crunch numbers and post it.

I would like to know if the kentro's utility works on bosses.

Archived