Is it done?

rammstein117

So been wandering if any changes have or is coming to SCORCHED EARTH? Reason I ask is that the game is $30 and dlc is $20. Scorched was fun for the 1st month and got boring. 3 caves,few new dinos and that was it. oh the weather was cool, hoping something like it comes to the ISLAND. it also bugged me that the coolest dinos only spawned near the barrier of the map witch was lame and disappointing. Was hoping to have a situation were my guy is traveling in the map and BAM! Wyvern or Deathworm out of no where. My question is will new bioms be added aswell as dinos for scorched? i find it dumb that the dlc cost near same price as the main game, but gets forgotten after release. the map deserves more love.

what kind of biomes are you thinking of? because this is desert after all. and i think the amount of water is already above the threshold of what is considered "deserty". if anything, then they should go underground more. but yeah, definitely agree that the price vs content doesn't match. obvious to all that when a unfinished game releases a dlc, it's also going to be not complete. it was all for the moneyz. by opening the transfers they gave themselves an excuse to step away from development as you were able to bring that in from vanilla servers anyways. i don't like it. a lot of people didn't like it. was reflected on their steam reviews (like every patch that grinds kids these days) so i expect them to start working again on SE when main game goes public. if not, rep points will only go down.

oh no you didn't. as i was saying, there is more than enough water on that map. any more, and i wouldn't take the desert theme seriously. and if you don't consider obelisks "tropical areas" then i don't know what you're after. "more dinos"? as in numbers or variety of species? even now there is too much life, both in vegetation and creatures, for what is considered a desert. if anything, they should cut out the vanilla dinos and bring in some new designs. i consider SE being on new "planet" but even if the action was boarded off on another part of "theIsland" then still, these conditions would be too harsh to accommodate some of the dinos currently running loose. care to specify what does "more weather" mean? all i can think of are shadows and how they're NOT doing their cooling part. died way too often when i started off :D 

On 4/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, rammstein117 said:

So been wandering if any changes have or is coming to SCORCHED EARTH? Reason I ask is that the game is $30 and dlc is $20. Scorched was fun for the 1st month and got boring. 3 caves,few new dinos and that was it. oh the weather was cool, hoping something like it comes to the ISLAND. it also bugged me that the coolest dinos only spawned near the barrier of the map witch was lame and disappointing. Was hoping to have a situation were my guy is traveling in the map and BAM! Wyvern or Deathworm out of no where. My question is will new bioms be added aswell as dinos for scorched? i find it dumb that the dlc cost near same price as the main game, but gets forgotten after release. the map deserves more love.

I mean its scorched earth. Like take the Earth and burn it like hell. So really can't really add new biomes. However it would be interesting to see how they can incorporate maybe what the land was or would be if it wasn't scorched. To add to that biome flavor

• 3 weeks later...

love to see more above ground ruins like the manticore arena except some that arent sunken into the sand and you can actually explore and walk into the old buildings and temples , some more caves are definitely needed! when u say new biome i could see an underground river going under the map thatd be absolutely sweet or just supersizing 1 of the little oasis's in the dunes would be very cool!! keep asking for SE updates guys its the only way we'll get devs attention! there almost done with the big island update so could be a good chance we might get some love in the desert.

Archived