Taming levels issues - has there been a change?

Milsurp

I've recently tamed two birds on the unofficial server I play on. It's completely unmodded, same as an official except 2x taming rate and shorter night. The 140 Argent I tamed only got 55 levels instead of 69 and the 120 ptera I just tamed only got 17(!!) levels instead of 59.

They were both standard tames with a 160% tranq crossbow. Using the Ptera as an example, I bola'd it, put two tranq arrows into its head spaced about 8 secs apart, then built a thatch shelter over it and stayed with it for the tame. I did nothing else but feed it tranqs and wait until its food was down about 700 before feeding it kibble (forgot we are on 2x tame).

Has there been any changes anyone else has noticed? I did see that the health of the birds only went up a tiny bit and then they stopped healing. Didn't they used to keep healing through the whole tame? 

I have noticed same thing. I play on official .. I have tamed 3 level 150 dodo birds... one during a non event.. knocked it out with 2 shots using normal tranq darts.. used nacro berries and mojo and it stood up at 180 (should have stood at 191).  A week later during the 1.5 event.. I knocked out two more dodo's level 150.. used narcs on it and one mojo and one mojo and a few other berries.. one stood at 195 and the other 192.   both should have stood at 205.   This happened with a few other tames using kibble... Also noticed when they did the flyer nerf, that some of my dino's are now at a lower level than what they stood up at when I tamed them.. go figure!

13 hours ago, Bearbrat said:

I have noticed same thing. I play on official .. I have tamed 3 level 150 dodo birds... one during a non event.. knocked it out with 2 shots using normal tranq darts.. used nacro berries and mojo and it stood up at 180 (should have stood at 191).  A week later during the 1.5 event.. I knocked out two more dodo's level 150.. used narcs on it and one mojo and one mojo and a few other berries.. one stood at 195 and the other 192.   both should have stood at 205.   This happened with a few other tames using kibble... Also noticed when they did the flyer nerf, that some of my dino's are now at a lower level than what they stood up at when I tamed them.. go figure!

Narcoberries are bad for effectiveness. That's why. 

OP, clearly something hit your tames while they where KO'd. 

6 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

When it's happened to me, I was standing with it, nothing hit it and most of my starve tames are done without even using narcotics, only a few ever need them. Never use narcoberries and I always kibble tame.

6 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

If you completely read my post, I used both narco berries and narcotics and had the same thing happen.. :-) 

Nothing came around them while knocked out.. I stood over each of them...  

8 hours ago, XaralDoBruxo said:

Were you using Dododex to predict tamed levels? I've begun to notice some discrepancies between a correctly configured Dododex and Ark

I was not. I used a different calc'er, but the formula is easy - 1/2 levels at 100%, minus 1 cause you only get 99.x percent. So I should have seen 69 levels on the argent, 59 on the ptera (and with the flyer nerf, that really matters. He's useless now.).

Considering we still have quite a few people who believe otherwise, this is a line straight from arks gamepedia website " Narcotics and Narcoberries currently do not affect the Taming Effectiveness. "

I have never seen the taming effectiveness affected like that ever from narcs, i've gone well over 100 past the required amount and had no ill effect.

That being said, my next question, especially towards the argy tame is, being that speed is set at a locked value, is it possible, when taming creatures, points still go towards the speed value but don't increase it, thereby not increasing the levels? The ptera I cannot explain, willing to believe something hit it at least once, but the argy might be explained by what I said here.

Archived