Proper block of air drops?

Evvil

Greetings ark community :)

I m playing ark since ps4 released i became very experinced in this game.

The only topic where i m really unexperinced is the PROPER or REAL Rules about blocking air drops / Orb´s

I cant get smart with those people... some people said u are not allowed to block it .. some people said u are allowed.

As i far know and i have readen it u are not allowed to block the airdrops / orbs with founditions or any kind of unreachable structure ( would mean i abuse this game mechanic).

But my question here to become more smart is it allowed to block them with turrets? which would mean i place this tower next to the drop with turrets... which would also mean this is the game mechanic and not an abuse ? people only need to tank the bullets until they are empty.. 

Plz help me our community in PvP on our server has big troubles with offline raiders we lost a lot of tribes, this server is going to die if we are not going to do something..

By any chance plz link me a thread about this topic ... i know all the rules about blocking spawns.

Im sry for my bad enlglish btw :o

Thx you Gents and ladies :)

- PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

this is quoted out of the rules. in PVE you are not allowed since you are negatively impacting the server and blocking off certain parts of the map intentionally.

in PVP you are allowed since the structures can be destroyed

4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

- PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

this is quoted out of the rules. in PVE you are not allowed since you are negatively impacting the server and blocking off certain parts of the map intentionally.

in PVP you are allowed since the structures can be destroyed

Thanks for this.  We have a guy on my PVE server that has spammed stone pillars everywhere blocking people from expanding their bases and blocking me from expanding to the left.  I wasn't sure if that was allowed or not but now I know.

30 minutes ago, Proximo said:

Thanks for this.  We have a guy on my PVE server that has spammed stone pillars everywhere blocking people from expanding their bases and blocking me from expanding to the left.  I wasn't sure if that was allowed or not but now I know.

it is indeed not allowed. if you submit a ticket with proof (video/pictures video preferred) and submit it via the support system action will be taken. this can take some time because there are alot of tickets. just be patient :)

There's too many servers for the devs to actively police the blocking of drops so it's up to the people in the server to do whatever feels right....  If you block it you'll get wiped if you don't youll get wiped if you fart up wind of the wrong person you'll get wiped if you fart down wind you'll still get wiped 

10 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

There's too many servers for the devs to actively police the blocking of drops so it's up to the people in the server to do whatever feels right....  If you block it you'll get wiped if you don't youll get wiped if you fart up wind of the wrong person you'll get wiped if you fart down wind you'll still get wiped 

Mate, sounds like you need a friend.  It'll be okay.

4 hours ago, booned said:

The official stance is you're allowed to block loot drops and obelisks.

The reasoning behind this nobody knows. I would assume that it's done so much now that policing a rule change would be nigh on impossible and require more manpower than wildcard has or want's to have on payroll. 

They could be collecting data on how it is being done. That once they stop adding content on regular bases and its more about fixing issues and glitches. TOS will be changed because they can stop it 100%.

3 hours ago, Taung said:

Mate, sounds like you need a friend.  It'll be okay.

*Sniffle* mate? Really? We're mates? *sniffle* I've got a friend and she says I'm just awesome! She's also my mum and she's awesome to! Now between you, her and the dodo's I've got all I'll ever need ?

I've already got a raft let's sail away into the sunset.... Err that translucent wall barrier thingy

"Mate"  

I was searching for a scorched server over the weekend to find one to silt gather, and when i went to pop out, at least 4 of the "random" supply drops had a vault built underneath it. Couldn't access the drop. Needless to say that it was a waste of a trip since I barely got out alive eventually.

Shouldn't be able to drop vaults randomly IMO, Should need foundation at least.

Here's the thing with this, yes you can block drops (the best way is the sleeve or turret method btw) HOWEVER, make sure any drops you are blocking do not block random spawns as well. If you use the turret method like we do, you have to be careful you are not shooting newbs on the beach constantly and ruining their game experience.

It shouldn't be allowed regardless of the reason imo, don't get me wrong I understand it is supposedly to protect that server, but if a alpha tribe goes to this extent welll ... I say what I've heard them say to me on many servers "if u want a easy life go play pve". If a alpha can't defend an attack then their not really an alpha are they? I'm abit sore tbh I decided to go find a 'friendlyish' SE server earlier, out of the pot I picked 843, well that was a pain in the arse, I was polite and diplomatic asked if the server was friendly to new players?, I got a resounding no, every question I asked the 12 ppl online just ignored. But yes it turned out all beacons were vault-blocked with metal spikes and pillars. I didn't know this was a thing, and 3 hours odd later of running about on se solo with no dinos left me fuming, luckily I finally was able to find a beacon they didn't cover 100%, but still had to BASE jump off a cliff and parachute on top of a vault to get off the server it's ridiculous. If I was a new player to the whole game that experience would have ended ark for me.

Archived