this game is far from release trust me...

Voidstar

Can anyone explain me what happened in the following situation:

I died of suffocation 2m from the surface near the penguing iceberg on the island, with my megalodon standing beside me.

I also had a pelagornis in taming at 96%, an argentavis standing beside it, no other creatures besides penguins. also the water had nothing in the nearby area nor before or after I arrived. I return in 3 min to my corpse, the corpse isn t anywhere to find, not even ghost mode finds it, and while I was on the way I get " Your Pelagornis died".

So how did my corpse vanish, and why did the pelagornis die? It had full health and an inventory full of food.

Well, the obvious answer is Git Gud.

But in reality, if you arent next to something when it tames, it gradualls loses health for some god awful reason until you either return or it dies. this may be a bug, or it may be intentional so you have to stay near things you are taming.

As for your body, something probably swam through ate it and bounced, it happens, your bag usually sinks to the bottom after that, or stays right where it was.

If you died in the water near your shark it ate your corpse and the bag goes to the bottom. This has been the way of things forever. As for the pelican, I have no idea so I defer to the previous answer of "drops health while not close to it." 

Even with all the bugs, all the lag, all the frustration Ark has an appeal that transcends these issues for those who love it. The hours played is testament to that fact. Dust yourself off, nothing you had is not replaceable. Just don't drown yourself next time. 

P.s. Did you check your sharks inventory? It may have all your gear. 

• Volunteer Moderator

if pelagornis was in water it would drown it's a land tame Dino. 

Um u say you were 3 meters from surface and drowned pretty self explanatory.

shark probably ate your body and may have killed pelagornis as well.

if you feel it was a bug report it under bug section.

17 hours ago, ilShadow said:

Well, the obvious answer is Git Gud.

But in reality, if you arent next to something when it tames, it gradualls loses health for some god awful reason until you either return or it dies. this may be a bug, or it may be intentional so you have to stay near things you are taming.

As for your body, something probably swam through ate it and bounced, it happens, your bag usually sinks to the bottom after that, or stays right where it was.

oh my thanks. did not know that with the taming thing. I am sure nothing ate my corpse..after I died I waited like 20s, my shark did not eat it and there was nothing even remotely close when i clicked respawn nor when i arrived back...

15 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

if pelagornis was in water it would drown it's a land tame Dino. 

Um u say you were 3 meters from surface and drowned pretty self explanatory.

shark probably ate your body and may have killed pelagornis as well.

if you feel it was a bug report it under bug section.

the shark was mine tamed...the pelagornis was a bit more farther on the ice penguin island

15 hours ago, Kaelnayyan said:

If you died in the water near your shark it ate your corpse and the bag goes to the bottom. This has been the way of things forever. As for the pelican, I have no idea so I defer to the previous answer of "drops health while not close to it." 

Even with all the bugs, all the lag, all the frustration Ark has an appeal that transcends these issues for those who love it. The hours played is testament to that fact. Dust yourself off, nothing you had is not replaceable. Just don't drown yourself next time. 

P.s. Did you check your sharks inventory? It may have all your gear. 

shark did not eat it :/...yeah this game is a masochism itself...

@Voidstar I agree with you, there are lot of things to add/fix in ark, but in my opinion apart from some occasional issues (what could be very annoying sometimes), the game is in good shape and very enjoyable. 

Personally I dont really care when it will reach 1.0, or if it remains in EA forever  - because in my opinion it is just the label. 

If the devs keep working on it with the same enthusiasm as they do right now, I dont mind if the wont release it for the next 10 years :D  It will make no difference in quality and content what label we put the on the game. 

57 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

what do you do in single player when you get stuck between a rock...wait there half an hour to die, then rush back to take your items? what do you do when you get stuck in ceilings, fabricators or whatever, you destroy all of them ? etc...

In single player you can use admin commands like fly or ghost (?) and just get out of trouble in a blink  of an eye...

Archived