Xbox scorpio

Plebhead

If you haven't already seen it the full and final specs of the Scorpio have been revealed

What I'm wondering is. Can/will ark capitalise on this extra power?

And what could us Xbox players expect to see or gain from this with regards to ark?

Less lag? Better fps surely but to what extent? From what I understand ark requires a fairly beasty PC to run well. Could the Scorpio deliver a similar experience for us "mere" console players?

Im hoping so, thats for sure. Other wise it will most likely be a very expensive console without much improvement, now the specs are a huge improvement over the current xbox one, but if it is handicapped like the one is with restrictions and the system hogging a bunch of the resources, it might not be worth it, as i ecpect this system will be in the $600-$800 range.

6 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Im hoping so, thats for sure. Other wise it will most likely be a very expensive console without much improvement, now the specs are a huge improvement over the current xbox one, but if it is handicapped like the one is with restrictions and the system hogging a bunch of the resources, it might not be worth it, as i ecpect this system will be in the $600-$800 range.

I totally agree. I'm still on the fence with this one too. I'm definitely going to hold off for awhile until we get some really good reviews on it. I really hope it does pan out for us though. 

Yeah, I'd hold off on buying first gens of this too. I was disappointed with the PS4 Pro and glad I didn't buy one. It had only minor upgrades versus the PS4. I doubt the PS4 Pro could handle Ark's Non-dedicated servers without the annoying tether.

I'd buy a Scorpio if it could handle a non-dedicated server without the tether though.

4 minutes ago, Cronogenvic said:

Yeah, I'd hold off on buying first gens of this too. I was disappointed with the PS4 Pro and glad I didn't buy one. It had only minor upgrades versus the PS4. I doubt the PS4 Pro could handle Ark's Non-dedicated servers without the annoying tether.

I'd buy a Scorpio if it could handle a non-dedicated server without the tether though.

Even the highest rated PC has a tether in non dedicated, the only difference is you can increase the range of it pretty far. So you are definetly barking up the wrong platform if you want that. 

You are better off buying that second PS, and coughing up the money for an additional ps live account and hosting your own server. As you are buying the second ps anyways, might as well repurpose the old one into your own personal server....

Archived