Introducing the Yutyrannus!

Jatheish

Who gives a rats ass about this new Dino or any other "upcoming" additions to the game.. Why don't you fix the things you broke with update 256! Flyers are still completely useless.. Most my tribe doesn't play anymore, they login and sit at there base. WC always screw the game with new updates, then hide the problem by releasing new content. 

14 hours ago, DAYWALK3R said:

Who gives a rats ass about this new Dino or any other "upcoming" additions to the game.. Why don't you fix the things you broke with update 256! Flyers are still completely useless.. Most my tribe doesn't play anymore, they login and sit at there base. WC always screw the game with new updates, then hide the problem by releasing new content. 

Frankly every single person who plays this game loves new content. You and your "tribe" need to understand what a pre-release game is and that you signed up for playing during all the games ups and downs until release. These comments like yours are getting EXTREMELY OLD and I am pretty sure these exact words have been said so many times that y'all are all being collectively ignored by anyone important cuz all you are doing is complaining to complain without giving ANY kind of constructive feedback on how to fix the problems (just saying stop adding new content IS NOT constructive criticism). You and all the other people who post these almost exact messages are just wasting your time cuz I am sure y'all are just viewed as trolls at this point.

On Tue Apr 11 2017 at 4:11 AM, HighFlyer15 said:

Not really. The Allos walk around with each other until one of them spots a target. It'll probably be like that. That doesn't happen with the other carnivores in "packs" but it'll be too little of a difference for it to be a unique ability.

The Dino *looks* awesome, I agree. Just a bit underwhelmed by its abilities.

Pic shows it with two carno, it appears bigger, will probably be a carnivore that groups other carnivores (regardless of species) into makeshift packs. Points to it's buff inducing roar, like a boss/leader dino.

On 4/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, HighFlyer15 said:

So the fear inducing roar won't be coming to the Rex in the TLC pass, I take it?

"There are few wild predators that are able to pack-hunt alongside the generally hostile Carnotaurus, like the Yutyrannus does."
Oh, you mean like the Terror Bird, Scorpion, Saber, Direwolf, Megalosaurus, Allosaurus, Raptor and Rex being able to "hunt" with the Carno ;) Will we finally see carnivores not hunting together and sharing prey all the time? D:

I agree, the animals need an AI update in a big way.

So Yutyrannus and Carnotaurus are best buds, huh? That's an interesting twist. I wonder if we'll see any other symbiotic relationships like this after the TLC pass hits?

I'm glad too that we have dinosaurs like this to satisfy the people who want feathers on their dinosaurs. I really don't want feathers to be put on the Rex. Especially since featherless skin imprints have actually been discovered, which to me settles the question pretty conclusively.

Really? REALLY? You're going to add a new and rather redundant, given how many "large theropod" archetype dinos you have in the game already, creature to implement a one-off gimmick mechanic instead of spreading the love around to the creatures that really should have this mechanic already?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure plenty of people are hyped up over this release, and I certainly wouldn't want to deny anyone the chance to see their "favorite" dino added officially if that's the case. But I'm getting rather fed up with interesting mechanics that have been suggested multiple times getting stuck to one specific creature to add to an already-extensive laundry list of tames instead of some polish begin applied to the existing creatures.

I would much rather see "new" creatures with so much overlap (like this one) released as alternate versions of existing dinos available on expansion maps (e.g., Yutyrannus might be a Carno replacer on a new ARK) with additional features like roar-based fear added retroactively to help alleviate some of the older creatures becoming mostly obsolete with time. ARK is not free-to-play. There's no good justification for this sort of power creep.

Your spawns are getting diluted. Your "ecosystems" look like a six-year-old dumped out their toy drawer on the floor, and your game is horrendously rough and unpolished after going so long overdue for the original release date. You've got a halfway-decent construction system and people can have a decent amount of fun collecting new creatures... but outside of that your game is entirely one-dimensional. Grind, grind, grind. (I refuse to acknowledge "grief, grief, grief," as a core mechanic.)

I don't hate ARK. I'm heartbroken that one of the most promising starts I've seen in EA has devolved into this.

You've shown us all that you can add in neat new things. Please show us all that you can take all the neat new things you've already added and make a solid game that isn't 95% reliant on its multiplayer factor for longevity considering how much time players need to sink into it. And that's coming from someone who plays primarily single-player with occasional non-dedicated thrown in.

21 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Frankly every single person who plays this game loves new content. You and your "tribe" need to understand what a pre-release game is and that you signed up for playing during all the games ups and downs until release. These comments like yours are getting EXTREMELY OLD and I am pretty sure these exact words have been said so many times that y'all are all being collectively ignored by anyone important cuz all you are doing is complaining to complain without giving ANY kind of constructive feedback on how to fix the problems (just saying stop adding new content IS NOT constructive criticism). You and all the other people who post these almost exact messages are just wasting your time cuz I am sure y'all are just viewed as trolls at this point.

Although I agree with you - I do believe the creators/designers/owners need to understand that many of us feel the game is nearly there with just more effort needed to fix the glitches and not so much in the new content.

However, on the other side of things I, and perhaps, the developers understand in order to truly test and work on the game in the glitches arena they need the players to stick around and new content is always a good way to keep us with short attention spans playing the game....oh look squirrel-I mean microraptor!