xXALIXx

mods Xbox one mods

I was wondering about if mods are still coming to Xbox because there has been videos about mod spotlights and nothing has been said about them being added to ark. I would love to see some new maps and I would like two mods the Anuki geniuses and the mod where you can be a Dino. I know mods can only go so far on console but if you see what Bethesda  did with fallout 4 and skyrim remastered with there own mod menu where you could select what mods you wanted in the game, which I thought was really cool and simple and easy to use. If you could do something like that it would be great for Xbox players who want to play with mods.:)

thanks for reading.

So, Wildcard started the Sponsored Mod Program, and some of the mods on that list may come to console. I don't think it's a guarantee, but more of a "we'd like to get this done, but we'll see how the modders do on producing and if we get can it converted without breaking the game." Currently, Annunaki isn't on that list, and the play-as-a-dino mod is probably not going to make it because Wildcard does have plans for Primal Survival (assuming it's still planned to be finished). I'm not sure that they'll implement a mod workshop. There's been no plans for one announced yet.

I can see more mods being introduced after full game release.

Hopefully, right now WC is focused on pushing out content and optimizing/tweaking the game.

We've seen mods like The Center and Prim + come to xbox one as of now. I could see more future maps and mods coming in the future. Just takes time.

8 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

So, Wildcard started the Sponsored Mod Program, and some of the mods on that list may come to console. I don't think it's a guarantee, but more of a "we'd like to get this done, but we'll see how the modders do on producing and if we get can it converted without breaking the game." Currently, Annunaki isn't on that list, and the play-as-a-dino mod is probably not going to make it because Wildcard does have plans for Primal Survival (assuming it's still planned to be finished). I'm not sure that they'll implement a mod workshop. There's been no plans for one announced yet.

There was a trailer for play as a Dino back in June 2016 saying coming this year in 2016

3 hours ago, JoeDirt540 said:

WELL yeah I knew about those but Alle the customization ones need to hurry up and get on Xbox lol

That wont be happening. We will never "get mods". We get content that was created as a mod and made into official content. We will never have the ability that steam does to pick and chose any mod we want. We will get what ever WC decides to throw our way. The next "mod" we will be getting is a thinned out simplified version of structures plus. Thats planned for sometime next year.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:12 PM, JoeDirt540 said:

They added Mods to fallout as a setting package that's all I'm saying take the sposered mods and put the one console the same way Bethesda did with Fallout

WildCard said they cant, wont, or both... I cant really remember but either way it isn't happening. The have been very open that they wont be adding it in the way fallout or skyrim has. Only as official content they have decided to port over to console. There was more details in their reasons but as I said I cant remember and I don't feel like digging for the tweets.

Edited by TedyBearOfDeath

i heard s+ is the only thing coming to xbox and ps4 ark sometime in june but they did say it might be pushed back since the mod developer is trying to make s+ an official part of the game #teddybearofdeath 

They added Mods to fallout as a setting package that's all I'm saying take the sposered mods and put the one console the same way Bethesda did with Fallout

WildCard said they cant, wont, or both... I cant really remember but either way it isn't happening. The have been very open that they wont be adding it in the way fallout or skyrim has. Only as official content they have decided to port over to console. There was more details in their reasons but as I said I cant remember and I don't feel like digging for the tweets.

On 11/04/2017 at 1:30 PM, PuffyPony said:

From my understanding and from what I read, was that the Sponsored Mod program was more o reward and encourage more quality mods, giving authors of these mods a way to finance the continuation of the mods.

From that, some of these mods may get included as Official Mods, that means it becomes Official DLC and wasn't really meant for it to come to console, that would be a given for it to be included as Official.

4 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

From my understanding and from what I read, was that the Sponsored Mod program was more o reward and encourage more quality mods, giving authors of these mods a way to finance the continuation of the mods.

From that, some of these mods may get included as Official Mods, that means it becomes Official DLC and wasn't really meant for it to come to console, that would be a given for it to be included as Official.

They explicitly said that they were considering adding some of the Sponsored Mods to console. Otherwise, what you said and what I said are the same thing and are both correct :) 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

They explicitly said that they were considering adding some of the Sponsored Mods to console. Otherwise, what you said and what I said are the same thing and are both correct :) 

No they did not

Today we are proud and excited to announce the launch of the ARK Sponsored Mod Program. ARK has always viewed modding and the ARK Dev Kit as a very important aspect of our game. We want to look into ways to help our modders take their projects to the next step, be it through more robust capabilities in the Dev Kit, hosting competitions with large prize-pools, incorporating them into the game, or just generally working and partnering up with modders and their projects.

Since partnering up with Epic and opening up our ARK Dev Kit in July 2015 and we have seen over 2,500 different mods enter our Steam Workshop. It is an understatement to say how much we truly appreciate and value our modding community and want to do more to help facilitate the progress of mods, as well as modders.

ARK Mods have contributed mightily to the game's longevity and variety, and we’re very grateful to the talented content creators who make them. With the new 'ARK Sponsored Mods' program, we aim to be able to support some of the most promising authors directly, and continue to attract the world's most talented Modders to build amazing new content for ARK. 

We believe our latest initiative will allow us to take the next step into assisting modders further. The Sponsored Mods project aims to provide financial, development, and marketing supporting over the course of sponsorship. We will be providing a $4,000 stipend towards 15 projects each month to assist with ongoing development costs of their projects, with a possibility of completed mods being integrated into the Official Release of ARK: Survival Evolved on PC and Console.

The highlighted part clearly says integrated into the Official Release, meaning it would make it to every platform as a given.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

No they did not

The highlighted part clearly says integrated into the Official Release, meaning it would make it to every platform as a given.

That's.... exactly what I'm saying dude. They said they would add it if possible, and on Twitter several times that they would like to do so, but that it wasn't a guarantee because it depended on the port and on the modders completing their work.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, PuffyPony said:

That's.... exactly what I'm saying dude. They said they would add it if possible, and on Twitter several times that they would like to do so, but that it wasn't a guarantee because it depended on the port and on the modders completing their work.

And I sort of backed you up originally, but I wanted to add to what you said. That when they decide to make it part of the core, that it would become Official DLC for every platform and not just console.

I do hope that at some point in time, that Wildcard can sit down and devise a way to make all mods available for console. Bethesda was able to do it, so it is possible.