- New Structure: Tek Turret
- New Weapon: Tek Grenade
- TEK Cave & Volcano
- "Ascension" Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes

15 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

maaaybe not all, but changes concerning Volcano (cyclical volcano activity) have been announced about 2 weeks ago.

What saddens me is "Tek this, Tek that" and no love for base game.

I agree with that last part. Everything just about Tek now , which is something most players will never use as it's too difficult to acquire. 
The game has become quite boring for non-Tek players :(

15 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

maaaybe not all, but changes concerning Volcano (cyclical volcano activity) have been announced about 2 weeks ago.

The Tek Tier IS part of the base game.

The Tek Tier is the base game 'end game' content, or at least a major part of it.

16 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Thank God some agrees with me on tek tier Question 1 where is this news of a tek volcano coming from i cant find anything on it. P.S I love your holo the wolf profile pic 

31 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

going on topic, i wonder why they don't use the green/red border system they had for the snow and redwoods biome updates? or maybe the affects wont be as devastating. dunno, but i'm hoping for a ring inside wipe :D 

"Emergent development - we dont know where game developing process will take us" (c) WIldcard @ GDC 2017

They probably dont know the full scope/extent of landscape changes (if any) yet.

3 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

"Emergent development - we dont know where game developing process will take us" (c) WIldcard @ GDC 2017

They probably dont know the full scope/extent of landscape changes (if any) yet.

i know. some snow/redwoods bases survived inside the red zone and vice versa, some were demolished outside of it. but still, it'll make for a more obvious warning that some thing's are about to go down :D 

we all know a lot of people aren't aware of the changes and come complaining after a new patch, even if it's an announced one. they just haven't followed the many hints of "progress" devs have spread over the internet, and i'm not just talking about the patch notes. some info is lost in twitter, some in redditt and some close-by in the crunches. really not professional when even frequent forum dwellers have to share the knowledge they've gathered among themselves. 

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

TEK is out of reach for half the player base, both in pve and especially on pvp

going on topic, i wonder why they don't use the green/red border system they had for the snow and redwoods biome updates? or maybe the affects wont be as devastating. dunno, but i'm hoping for a ring inside wipe :D 

I just want to point out my amusement with your Dr. Evil icon on a chat about an active volcano  (he lived in one) when the laser beam sharks are about to release xD; Any other 90s kids catch that?

I don't mind tech tier stuff...

Providing there is some kind of pre-tech version that people who don't have tech stuff can use...  Example - "Underwater bases" , they are only available for tech tribes...Yay !    But really, shouldn't high level metal tribes have the limited ability to make under water bases?   So concerning the "tech volcano"  I hope it's not exclusive to only tech folks...

I was just reading the updated patch notes and they have changed the wording from cyclical active volcano to Tek Cave and Volcano. The new phrasing almost implies that there would be another volcano,probably active on the island. To me that would be a great idea. Perhaps using frozen tooth or winters mouth. Those two mountains, especially winters mouth is really kind of wasted space. Perhaps, in a desperate state to find more info on this subject, I am reading too much into the phrasing of the notes but i hope im not.

On 2017-04-09 at 7:59 AM, DragonEnchantress said:

I just want to point out my amusement with your Dr. Evil icon on a chat about an active volcano  (he lived in one) when the laser beam sharks are about to release xD; Any other 90s kids catch that?

"Sharks with frickin lasers" coming in patch 257 xD Megalodon TEK saddle

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

On topic with the volcano, while I truly have no idea and can only speculate my guess would be that it would "erupt" after X amount of in-game days filling the bowl with lava and running down the walkable path up to the volcano ending at the two rivers that it is sandwiched between. Also, I'm not sure how the lava works on maps like the Center, but I'd be willing to bet that it will act like water, really, really hot water and won't actually break structures. It'll just kill you.

But again, that's all speculation.

Off topic on the TEK part of this I'm thinking that we will see all the TEK released over the next few patches so they can start to balance it. Its unfortunate for people who don't have the resources to get TEK, myself included, but I'm kinda glad its all at once so that its over and done with.

:Jerbcry:
Wish the @DEVs could have thought out the TIMELINE a bit better.
Make the change...that's fine, but...
:Jerbmad:
How about telling survivors about evacuating volcano, and letting them tear down, and transport BEFORE nerfing flight creatures!!
There is only 1 pathway to volcano top if having to traverse by ground dinos.

:Jerbmad:
A single line in upcoming patch notes, that is extremely vague is disappointing.

- TEK Cave & Volcano

Thank you though for telling us in advance, just 2 weekends (for those that work during the week), or effectively 4 days before the change

:DodoRex-Mask:
Being beaten by the game mechanics (eg. Rex, Giga, a Boss battle) is an understood risk you can decide on.
Being potentially WIPED by a late development map change (with 20 days?) notice? Typical ARK is "Unfair"

+1 point for re inacting the Safe/unsafe "Get out" perimeter as seen on the pre-release of Redwood biome.
-10 points for expecting Official/Unofficial, PvP/PvE, PC/console survivors/tribe to be able to Stop Everything, and remove (without being raided by players, or running out of stamina on your flier because of the NERF) what they built over the entire life of the game (possibly 15+ months)

:Helmet:
I guess we should ask now.... What other (Official) maps will have more biome changes before finalisation, and when?

ARKlove 

:Jerblove:
Nemesis851
N851

On 09/04/2017 at 8:27 PM, Wikus said:

I agree with that last part. Everything just about Tek now , which is something most players will never use as it's too difficult to acquire. 
The game has become quite boring for non-Tek players :(

Except this could make tek gear viable for players who can't use it! Me personally in single player I have to spawn stuff in to build a full tek base however I still believe deep down we will have another way of getting element eventually! I have even heard mention from watching a video about some new tek crystal that is coming into the game thats in the dev kit right now! I have the dev kit but don't know how to find that stuff to check it out as of yet!

On 4/9/2017 at 8:36 AM, eESTlane said:

TEK is out of reach for half the player base, both in pve and especially on pvp

I beg to differ that Tek is out of reach, I'm solo on an official PvE server and bosses are not hard, you just have to raise Dino's. Hatching 1 Rex/Wyvern is just as hard as hatching 10. The only snag you run into is finding people to ride said Dino's 

Archived