Bronto Houdini *POOF* Gone

Oggybobo

So.....

.....I constructed my main base in such a way to try and prevent any wild dinosaurs from spawning inside its area. So, picture a relatively squarish building surrounded by behemoth and stone dinosaur gates. On the most part, I have had a few minor incidences and one major (which was a Theizy who broke my egg bin and killed a few replaceable Dilos), no biggie. I have made it multi-tiered with ramps. Big dinosaurs are stored on the first floor, medium on the second, flyers on the third, and a low level area where I have egg layers (turtles, pachys, dodos, scorps, etc).

This all took time to build and was great fun. I got to part of the game, for me, where I needed another project.  I was also looking forward to having another larger enclosed area nearby for brontos,, paracers, wyverns, extra rexes, mammoths.

A few weeks ago, I jumped on my mantis and got to work. I constructed around 15 stone dinosaur gates for the cliff edge and around 20 or so behemoth gates for the rest. Then I built 11 stone pillar towers, each having 4 stone ceilings with plant x. After all that hard work, I moved in my mammoth, rex, lightening and fire wyvern, and my prized battle bronto. She was level 240. Raised by a a friend on the server. Her main job was to gather berries basically for herself and the mammoth to eat, but more importantly to protect what was inside this new enclosure.

Fast forward to yesterday.

I logged on around 8pm. Fed all my dinos and set off to do some taming and look for alphas to kill. Before I left, I jumped on the Bronto to harvest some berries for taming. Around 11pm I arrived back at the base and decided that I would take one of the wyverns out for a spin to get a level or two. What do I see when I get to the enclosure? No Bronto.

I went back to the main base, grabbed a flyer and started to look around. I don't need to tell you guys and gals that it shouldn't be hard to find a Bronto, especially from the sky. After about 15 minutes of searching I checked the Tribe Manager seeing that there may be a chance it was killed, not bloody likely, but stranger things have happened. No listing of any of my dinos dying. So I ask a few people on the server to keep an eye out for a missing Bronto.

Then I see in chat that other players are saying that dinosaurs in the game can "just fall threw the map". What?

So I am thinking, alright this is just another "game issue" that I am apparently supposed to just accept like the many other "game issues" that we all experience. Losing ones tame to a random event like this is just normal. Suck it up, it has happened to everyone. Just keep playing the game, and if your lucky, you may only lose one or two more to it falling randomly through the map. Sure I can go out build another 10, 20, 30, 40 more behemoth gates to trade for another battle bronto because I certainly don't have the time or patience to raise my own. When I do, I just need to cross my fingers and "hope" it doesn't do another Houdini out of thin air.  My very kind neighbour after seeing the work I put in with my new enclosure seen that I had my new bronto brought over an Ascendant platform. So yes, that has been swallowed into game oblivion as well.

I guess the point of this story, or what some will call a rant or whining or complaining is, how much of this kind of thing does a player take until they just move onto something else to do? I can accept losing a rex to fighting a boss or an alpha or being ambushed by 3 Thezis. I have even accepted that wild dinos can spawn through walls or randomly in your base, at least I can try to defend against that.

But falling through the map?

I have no mature or kind words for this, so I will just leave it at that.

5 minutes ago, Manta said:

This is a known issue and has been going on for two+ years.

Most have accepted it, some haven't and never will. Its a crummy bug but they are working on it and actually may have a fix already.

They are testing it on PC currently.

All of us who have lost something feel your pain and can relate 100% to your feelings.

Yup! I had a bronto i just got to 90% imprint before breeding events vanish as i went to grab a drop. Was 100% safe, in an enclosed pen with plenty of growing room.  He had not even 12h left till he was complete. I was so cocky i even had my asc platform in his inventory in antcipation. 

Ark happens, wasnt the first or the last ive had vanish on me. From my first 120 (max lvl) tamed wolf, to raised imprinted quetz and gigas.

Le sigh, its still a damn fun game though.

8 minutes ago, Manta said:

This is a known issue and has been going on for two+ years.

Most have accepted it, some haven't and never will. Its a crummy bug but they are working on it and actually may have a fix already.

They are testing it on PC currently.

All of us who have lost something feel your pain and can relate 100% to your feelings.

Thanks for the reply. I have to realise that I have only been playing since January and forget the game has been out for quite some time. I certainly don't want to come across that these issues only happen to me, but it seems so senseless. It is a harsh reality to just have to accept that these glitches as normal game play and being told constantly to just be patient. I am sure that most of us that come across problems just want them to be fixed sooner than later. I guess in a perfect gaming world, I could report this problem, and someone at Wild Card could just replace what I have lost, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

I have lost one argentavis, one doed, FOUR pteras, and a couple of wolves to this. Just gone. Nothing in log. Just logged in and they were no longer there. No way anyone killed them or they got killed, period. At this point, its particularly infuriating because I have no fliers, and have had awful luck trying to tame a new one. I want one of the FIVE that just vanished back heh

Wildcard needs to dedicate staff to handling player issues like this. 

11 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Yup! I had a bronto i just got to 90% imprint before breeding events vanish as i went to grab a drop. Was 100% safe, in an enclosed pen with plenty of growing room.  He had not even 12h left till he was complete. I was so cocky i even had my asc platform in his inventory in antcipation. 

Ark happens, wasnt the first or the last ive had vanish on me. From my first 120 (max lvl) tamed wolf, to raised imprinted quetz and gigas.

Le sigh, its still a damn fun game though.

Sorry to hear that. The biggest disappointment is the time you lost.

4 minutes ago, Novarae said:

Map fall throughs is one.  Parking some dinos in locations where resources like rock/metal respawn can also delete the dino as that was a previous pvp exploit to hide dinos that they changed last summer. 

Now that you say this, the Bronto was near a huge rock that I would have to mine constantly to get it out of it way. Maybe this is what happened to it. Thanks,

2 minutes ago, Oggybobo said:

Now that you say this, the Bronto was near a huge rock that I would have to mine constantly to get it out of it way. Maybe this is what happened to it. Thanks,

I lost my first giga to this almost a year ago too so I can empathize.

Its also one of the reasons I don't play official or unmodded low rate servers anymore.  Too many variables that these days lose such things and I'd rather play on servers I can more readily recoup loses on matching with both my time and play style.

1 hour ago, Oggybobo said:

Also, if babies are being raised and dont have enough room to grow without clipping (into walls, tames, other babies etc) that seems to be what pushes them through most... you know.. if they dont starve first. Damn glitches.

Archived