How long to it takes to walk or fly the the ARK from end to end?

Lavina

How long to it takes to walk or fly the the ARK from end to end?

Not traveling exactly like Oregon trail style - but just simple walking or flying :) 

May I get an answer by someone who had done that journey himself/herself?

I was not able to find anything on Google which says how long it takes to walk or to fly from one corner of the map to the other corner assuming non-stop walking or flying with only stops to recharge stamina,e.t.c assuming walking or flying as much as in straight line as much as possible? 

I am talking about the "The Island" and the "The Center" maps.

All I have found on Google was... 
People just giving opinions , and calculations based on the speed of real person in real live based on the map sizes.
But i am not interested in that kind of answers because I know myself that I can walk 1 kilometer for 12 min. or one mile for 15 min.

The island map is 48 km (19 sq mi) and the "The Center" is 64 sq kilometers

The only thing that I was able to find was in post by member Zend in a forum who stated that it takes 30 minutes from Dead island to West 2 zone on the island map - here is the original quotation :
"At least give us autopilot my finger hurts from pressing down W for 30 minutes flied from Carno island back to West 2 on the island map."

Even on youtube I could not find "Timelapse" video showing non stop traveling from end to end. There is such video for Minecraft thought.. 

Basically I am interested in answer by someone who had done that himself that journey not assumptions

Thank you veru much!

11 minutes ago, Lavina said:

"At least give us autopilot my finger hurts from pressing down W for 30 minutes flied from Carno island back to West 2 on the island map."

thats an exaggeration to recent change in game.

Unless you are distracted by something - it'll take about 10 to 15 min on foot to get from east coast to west coast by south shoreline on The Island map. That time also greatly depends on stats of your character (mainly speed and stamina).

• Volunteer Moderator

Just for grins, with a Ptera and infinitestats turned on, I went from a landed position on the rock sticking out of the water that is NE of the small island that is NE of Carno Island, to the waters edge of the beach just SW of the Red Obelisk; full sprint.  Without rafts to land on, that is about as far you go.  Also, my path arced upwards until I was just below the highest point for Frozen tooth, and then slowly arced down as I began to clear the Redwoods.

5 minutes and 18 seconds

The only extra time would be for any landings for stamina regeneration.

I will now return to base, get a Q, and do the same thing.  Will report back when I am done.

Thank you a lot, everybody!

So it takes 5 min to cross diagonally. 

Then how long it will take to surveillance the whole map and find a player who is hiding, but on open ground not covered - let's say standing on the beach! 

And how long it takes to spot a small base - let's say 4x4 fondations house?

Trying to play this game with my daughter and wondering how long it will take her to find me - assuming in do not hide in a cave but in a small house on open ground?

16 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

That's pretty good, its nowhere near what some people have been claiming.

Then how long it will take to surveillance the whole map and find a player who is hiding, but on open ground not covered - let's say standing on the beach! 

Trying to play this game with my daughter and wondering how long it will take her to find me - assuming in do not hide in a cave but in a small house on open ground?

2 minutes ago, Lavina said:

Too too too many variables to account for in that. We do not even know the observational skills of your daughter either for example.

1 minute ago, Lavina said:

That depends on so many factors...

- base location

- your daughter's location

- does she know general direction of where to search

- type of transportation and its stats.

- graphic settings (view distance among some others)

- vision acuity, concentration and attention (she may pass/fly over your base without noticing)

By observational skills Im not necessarily meaning experience within the game. Some people have much better general observational skills than others.

However if you're just playing some sort of hide and seek game there are many options:

1. Paint the structures to match the color of the terrain(though if the comp you're playing renders slower(paint renders after structure) then that may not necessarily help.

2. Use a smaller item(like a flag/banner placed. This would also be more challenging because unlike bases, they will not clear trees, stones etc making them more concealed versus the easier to see base clearings.

I have 200 movement speed.

I once walked from north east to south west (because a friend quit and wouldn't leave his body with me to "embalm". so I dragged his log-less body to my base from his base)

30 mins.

of which I think I took like 10 mins stashing his body in a safe place so I can run around grabbing berries for food and dodging boas, looking back to see if I still have his body, and screaming at people for blocking the entire beach. I need to swim a portion of the way at the east swamp. never died once because at 200ms you practically can outrun everything (if you press shift). I mostly "walk" xD 

The real reason I am asking this question is that I dream to introduce this game to my wife and one day possibly to may daughter when appropriate…daughter – who is only playing Minecraft with its blocky graphics.

I think they will by amazed by it!

It is very pretty game! – and people  love dinos…

But I am afraid that if takes only 5 min to cross the map on flight and find me –they will lose interest  L

But I really thing that is great game but I am not sure if it is not too short for adventure!

Thank you very much for your time!
I think that I did not ask a good question :(

That is what I wanted to ask - do you know anybody who has crossed the map of ARK diagonally from bottom left to upper right ?
Do you know of anybody that have done that ?
And how long time it  took him?
And if you know more than one person crossing the ARK what was their the best time?

Really!? it could take months before we see each other on ARK even though it can be crossed for just 5 min?

So basically if me and my daughter starts the game from zero - zero level - we  might be "playing for months on foot" before we see each other - like finding a needle in a haystack :)
-Assuming we spawn as far as possible from each other in the beginning of the game and we do not know each other location?

But how long it will take to spot / find  4x4 house in the open.

- According the forum members mentioned below when flying on bird it takes around 2 to 15 minutes to cross the island and 10 - 30 minutes walking on foot!

So - even if the map can be crossed quickly -finding a 4x4 base in open could take 20 minutes when flying and months when playing on foot!!!

My info was based on member DarthaNyan and member Lancelot and moderator Jerryn and member Samammo and member HiImZech

DarthaNyan syas:
-Unless you are distracted by something - it'll take about 10 to 15 min on foot to get from east coast to west coast by south shoreline on The Island map. That time also greatly depends on stats of your character (mainly speed and stamina).

-Just tested with 1k stam ptera from center of Herbi Island to Blue Obelisk - exactly 5 min with 1 landing on top of Red Peak.

Lancelot says:
-On a ptera, with landing, it would take around 15 min to travel the whole island map, max.

- 3.5 minutes from green to red obelisk (pretty much across the map) with 1 stam refill on a 1k stam Pteranodon.

Jerryn says :
-5 minutes and 18 seconds

Samammo syas :
It takes me about 2 minutes from north east to red ob on a ptera.

walking isn't that long either, I can walk from hidden lake to redwoods in about 5 minutes, so I imagine it would be about 15-20 mins to walk from north to south

HiImZech says :
30 mins.-
I once walked from north east to south west (because a friend quit and wouldn't leave his body with me to "embalm". so I dragged his log-- less body to my base from his base)

2 hours ago, Lavina said:

Really!? it could take months before we see each other on ARK even though it can be crossed for just 5 min?

So basically if me and my daughter starts the game from zero - zero level - we  might be "playing for months on foot" before we see each other - like finding a needle in a haystack :)
-Assuming we spawn as far as possible from each other in the beginning of the game and we do not know each other location?

But how long it will take to spot / find  4x4 house in the open.

- According the forum members mentioned below when flying on bird it takes around 2 to 15 minutes to cross the island and 10 - 30 minutes walking on foot!

So - even if the map can be crossed quickly -finding a 4x4 base in open could take 20 minutes when flying and months when playing on foot!!!

My info was based on member DarthaNyan and member Lancelot and moderator Jerryn and member Samammo and member HiImZech

DarthaNyan syas:
-Unless you are distracted by something - it'll take about 10 to 15 min on foot to get from east coast to west coast by south shoreline on The Island map. That time also greatly depends on stats of your character (mainly speed and stamina).

-Just tested with 1k stam ptera from center of Herbi Island to Blue Obelisk - exactly 5 min with 1 landing on top of Red Peak.

Lancelot says:
-On a ptera, with landing, it would take around 15 min to travel the whole island map, max.

- 3.5 minutes from green to red obelisk (pretty much across the map) with 1 stam refill on a 1k stam Pteranodon.

Jerryn says :
-5 minutes and 18 seconds

Samammo syas :
It takes me about 2 minutes from north east to red ob on a ptera.

walking isn't that long either, I can walk from hidden lake to redwoods in about 5 minutes, so I imagine it would be about 15-20 mins to walk from north to south

HiImZech says :
30 mins.-
I once walked from north east to south west (because a friend quit and wouldn't leave his body with me to "embalm". so I dragged his log-- less body to my base from his base)

1) "3.5 minutes from green to red obelisk (pretty much across the map) with 1 stam refill on a 1k stam Pteranodon." belonged to me T_T

2) "2 minutes from east to red obelisk" belongs to player on console (they didnt receive recent patch that reduced flyers' speed)

3) If i were to search for 4x4 base built by non-experienced player it would have probably took about 1-2 hours, at most. All it takes is to fly along the coast and rivers minus swamp. But for an inexperienced player on the other side of the map it can quite a long time before they manage to travel safely far away from their own base. Let alone tame high level flyer.

Archived