[PVE] Wildcard destroys the endgame content on purpose

Sky.NET

1 hour ago, Casanova said:

Your biggest mistake is that we haven't even added our end-game content yet.

With the game being extended and delayed for development as much as it has. I do believe the boss's were the original incarnation of end game. BUT and its a big BOOTY!! With the success of the game on all platforms and the expansion performing as well as it has in sales. They are able to keep the game in develop status and add in those dreamer parts that most games are not able too now and days.  Early Access capitol is a slippery slope to use. If it was a packaged game. People would play it and hope for a sequel or add on. But because it is a semi released game in early access. The Dev's and poor folks at Wild Card have to deal with all the WIngers and spoiled kids. Anyone who has played this game for over 200 hours has already gotten their monies worth. So sit down! shut up!(unless constructive) and enjoy the ride. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sky.NET said:

@ExcessEvil

To make a linebreak instead of a full new paragraph after each sentence press and hold shift and hit return.
That makes your post a bit well more formatted.

Making a post better or less formatted means jack all on a forum as long as the message is understood. Making smartass replies without any form of constructive content on the other hand, makes you look kind of 'lame'.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, iAmE said:

Except for the fundamental fact that most MMORPGs have endgame that is actually completable without Exploiting. That hasn't been the case in Ark since the bosses came out. There's a fundamental difference there.

Yup, most MMOs were not available to the public until the product was finished.

Even then... WoW had many, many things unobtainable and unbeatable after it was officially released. 

In fact, there have been at least 3 bosses in WoW that were unbeatable on release unless exploited until they were patched.

2 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Making a post better or less formatted means jack all on a forum as long as the message is understood. Making smartass replies without any form of constructive content on the other hand, makes you look kind of 'lame'.

I didnt meant to be a smartass at all. I just wanted to help since you dont seem to know how to do that, and imho its disgusting that a return press causes a new paragraph, this is not MS word ffs.
Sorry if you feel insulted, wasnt meant like that.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Even then... WoW had many, many things unobtainable and unbeatable after it was officially released. 

In fact, there have been at least 3 bosses in WoW that were unbeatable on release unless exploited until they were patched.

Three bosses, out of how many? I don't think WoW ever got to the end-game being 100% impossible to do without exploiting. I wouldn't necessarily mind if that was the case if it wasn't for the fact that the devs are actively patching the exploits, but allowing the bosses to be completely unbeatable. Which is problematic considering how strong Tek stuff is. We essentially can't use Tek gear/buildings outside of very limited amounts because it's near impossible to farm. 

7 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

No difference whatsoever.

Both games need a group of people to band together to beat endgame content. Period.

Ark is no different.

It is very different. Period.

One game is a survival game with everything to lose, the other is an MMORPG with nothing to lose.

There are other differences, such as the number of people actually required to do stuff, in both games. Raids in an MMORPG typically requires a minimum amount of people, ARK does not. MMORPGs have a max limit, ARK does not. MMORPGS have group systems and proper dungeon bosses. ARK does not. Shall i continue?

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Mhhh. i dont know where to go with that... comparing bad stuff with other bad stuff makes neither of them good or better.
I hope you didnt use that as some kind of remote 'excuse' for the devs.
Like "everyone is doing it wrong for years already, so let em act like everyone".

2 minutes ago, Sky.NET said:

I didnt meant to be a smartass at all. I just wanted to help since you dont seem to know how to do that, and imho its disgusting that a return press causes a new paragraph, this is not MS word ffs.
Sorry if you feel insulted, wasnt meant like that.

It's a forum, not MSW or PP. As long as your message is understandable, no one cares. It would've been different if we couldn't even use the return key, as that would produce a wall of text that would leave you with a headache, like some posters tend to do.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Sky.NET said:

Mhhh. i dont know where to go with that... comparing bad stuff with other bad stuff makes neither of them good or better.
I hope you didnt use that as some kind of remote 'excuse' for the devs.
Like "everyone is doing it wrong for years already, so let em act like everyone".

Na, the point was that even a game in full public release has moments in time where content is unusable/unbeatable until patched at a later date.

4 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

There are other differences, such as the number of people actually required to do stuff, in both games. Raids in an MMORPG typically requires a minimum amount of people, ARK does not. MMORPGs have a max limit, ARK does not. MMORPGS have group systems and proper dungeon bosses. ARK does not. Shall i continue?

You just gave me the advice to listen to the content of a post instead of just looking at the formatting.
What you do now with the words i used to describe something everyone knows well what im talking about is exactly the same behaviour,
you do not focus on my message, you focus on "decorations". Using the (in your opinion) wrong word for a well known thing that doesnt make my subject harder to understand is minor and with your opinion like "look at the content, not at the decorations" you should easily be able to ignore that.

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

End Game content wasn't even available during the Alpha and Beta version of the original World of Warcraft game. I played both Alpha and Beta.

I cleared all the raid content during the original game plus the later expansions without having to resort to exploiting. There is always a tactic that can be applied to overcome most if not all MMORPG end game content.

Yet, therein lies another difference. P2P and B2P game developers tend to wipe everything prior to release to even the field and to have everyone start the same. ;)

1 hour ago, Sky.NET said:

Disclaimer for the trolls:

1. i play officials because i play MMOs the MMO way: with MASSIVE amounts of players.
    Private servers dont have massive amount of players and will never have (massive = sth. like 2000 ppl at once online, or more, the more the better)
  2. I play PVE simply because i have a job and i cant commit myself often enough to please ppl inside a active PVP tribe, they would kick me for "being not active enough" and "not being there at raid times"
    i played many PVP games before, also that ones where you have to stay ingame forever or you get rekt, i can remember the time last year, had no job, when i played reign of kings and for 2 weeks only slept 3 nights in total to get rid of some digusting idiots infesting our home-server (they also used hacks and item duping, soooo, we got rid of them but it nearly screwed me),
    me and my guild showed them the exit and it was pretty fun and intense (and fair balanced, after the hackusers got banned by the devs)

This topic is purely about PVE on official servers.
If you dont play on official servers, if you dont care about PVE, if you have no idea what "endgame" means bec. you lack hours played:

• I respect ppl playing on private servers
  • I respect ppl prefering PVP mode for their own resons
  • I respect beginners in this game, i know its harsh and hard to make progress
  • I respect ppl saying TEK does not fit into the game at all

So please dont even consider judging me based on the way i play, this happens too often and always ends up in stupid flamewars.
Before you answer: please consider, based on your prefered playstyle and your experience in this game, if you are even able to contribute anything to my topic.

@Jen, @Jat, @1david25, @ciabattaroll, @lilpanda

They screw us all (official pve players at least).

To get to tek you have to breed insane values
~~> horrible Timesink, no skill needed at all, just time

To get the Mats beside Element for Tek you need Black pearls (Swimmer nerf), Polymer (Flyer/Wyvern nerf), Metal/Crystal (Flyer/Quetz nerf)
~~> horrible Timesink, no skill needed at all, just time

To get a resonable amount of Element, you need to beat the bosses (i put it into a quote for readability):

If you have been lucky to get a ticket to a bossfight before the patch and you have learned the transmitter engram already, you 'just' need to kill the broodmother on easy 4 times to get the element.
With the new feed-nerf, you wont be able to do that as long as you dont have at least 80 low/mid-range rex or 40 high/mid-range rex or 20 extreme high-range rex.
Because after one fight you will have to heal.
You will have to heal 30 minutes.
30 Minutes * 4 = 2h
Plus the fights of ~15 min = 1h
3h time investment to get enough element for 1 transmitter (IF YOU HAVE THE ENGRAM!!!)

So, okay, a transmitter is a special item, you only need ~10 of them at all i think, so 30h are needed to get 400 element.
That was relatively fine for me (relativeley, because i already HAVE the tekgrams from the last patch before 256).

Now, we have a teleporter that needs element-shards.
Now, we have a generator, that needs element to run.

Its useless, no one will EVER use it or grind for it.
Same with the transmitters as soon as they enable element usage on it (you can turn it on and off, guess why?).

Especially on PVE everything else beside the doors and the transmitter is completely overpriced, worthless and no one even THINKS about crafting anything from the TEK Tier except those (yet, like i said, they will enable element costs on transmitters too, then it will just be the doors left).

Conclusion

Maybe beginners/mid-game are fine with all those nerfs, but for me, after 3500h ARK, already in the end-game phase, they litterally stopped any possibility for me to make progress.
My willingness to grind, to do tasks like pick up stone from the beach for 8 hours to build 10 stone foundations i had when the game came out is gone.
My Base is half TEK, i have Transmitters everywhere i need them, but thats it, i will not be able to get more TEK and im not willing to grind element on a regular basis.
Its just not worth it.
And despite im a solo player, i always gather with my allies on their or my server to beat the boss.
And additionally we meet up on my PRIVATE dedicated server, just for one reason: to TRAIN for the bosses.
Thats why we have been able to progress at all, i dont even wanna think about 'just trying' different strats on a hard boss on official, that would be insane, you will lose more than 2000 dinos + equip etc. until you maybe finally kill the boss.
If this is the intetion of the devs, to kill the endgame, then i accept it, then i consider ark as "played through" and put it aside, i dont want to do that tho, i like the game, and i want to continue playing it, and i will for a bit, but if it stays like this, and im stucked in a progression-phase without ANY hope to get further, why should i play ark at all?

It was hard to play and progress without the flyer-nerf, without the blueprint-nerf, without the feeding-nerf, without the farming-nerf, without the c4-nerf, without the rocketlauncher-nerf and without the swimming-nerf, but now its just crazy, its not worth it, you play a game to make progress by time and skill investment, skill in ark is pure brainpower used on optimizing daily workflows, 'gamer skill' you dont need anywhere, and the time investment seems to be the compensation for that lack of needed "gamer-skill" (reaction time, consciousness, good strategizing etc.).
Recently the needed time-investment just completely exploded.

If you want your players to enjoy all content on your official servers, then give em a balancing that makes it possible to do so.

Mind = Blown

Why do they give is 3x the ressources at harvesting, but then make it 10x slower to get anywhere to do something with them?

You state that you play MMOs... but you complain about a 4 hour investment to get a thing.... That's not even raid night. That's tuesday.

40 hours to get enough of a thing for everyone, again, that's pretty low for an mmo.

As for the fights themselves, If you had an actual strategy, and weren't just throwing rexes at them, you might have better results.

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

It's a forum, not MSW or PP. As long as your message is understandable, no one cares. It would've been different if we couldn't even use the return key, as that would produce a wall of text that would leave you with a headache, like some posters tend to do.

that's not entirely true I am always inclined to read someone post if it seems to have a small amount of thought put into its format. Other wise its likely to be someone who is just ranting and haven't used his brain at all

LOLL

• Volunteer Moderator

End Game content wasn't even available during the Alpha and Beta version of the original World of Warcraft game. I played both Alpha and Beta.

Alpha and Beta weren't open to the general public. Just a few playtesters. This game is open to the public. SInce you played alpha and beta you know as well as I do how broken the game was in that state.

I cleared all the raid content during the original game plus the later expansions without having to resort to exploiting. There is always a tactic that can be applied to overcome most if not all MMORPG end game content.

That doesn't change the fact that a few of the bosses (clearly not ones you fought) were released in a unbeatable state until patched.

5 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Yet, therein lies another difference. P2P and B2P game developers tend to wipe everything prior to release to even the field and to have everyone start the same. ;)

The devs stated they still may wipe when this game is fully released.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That doesn't change the fact that a few of the bosses (clearly not ones you fought) were released in a unbeatable state until patched.

Few of the bosses, probably one here and there, with multiple expansions in between, versus 100% of the end game content for multiple patches in a row, in a game that has resources to actively fix the exploits that are being used to actually do the bosses, but not the resources to fix the fact that their current PvE endgame is literally unbeatable. 

False equivalency is a thing that exists. This is a great definition of it. 

@vanyelxp5

You missed my point entirely. Im sorry, but i didnt complain about time investment, how could i after playing 3500h?
I said i was fine with the grind until recent changes took all the fun and possibility to progress further out of the game for me plus many indications for its getting even worse, letting me lose any hope.
I dont play other MMOs beside ark, exactly for the reason of the boredom of having to repeat everything to oblivion.
I sayd i played other PVP games before, but i never said they were MMOs.

@vanyelxp5

You missed my point entirely. Im sorry, but i didnt complain about time investment, how could i after playing 3500h?
I said i was fine with the grind until recent changes took out all the fun of the game for me plus many indications for its getting even worse, letting me lose any hope.
I dont play other MMOs beside ark, exactly for the reason of the boredom of having to repeat everything to oblivion.
I sayd i played other PVP games before, but i never said they were MMOs.

So... You stating that WC screws "us" and then immediately mention the time investment wasn't complaining about it? Sure looks like complaining to me.

" i play officials because i play MMOs the MMO way: with MASSIVE amounts of players. "

And you stating that you play mmos isn't you stating you play mmos?

Are you high?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Few of the bosses, probably one here and there, with multiple expansions in between, versus 100% of the end game content for multiple patches in a row, in a game that has resources to actively fix the exploits that are being used to actually do the bosses, but not the resources to fix the fact that their current PvE endgame is literally unbeatable. 

And this statement is patently false.

People are beating more than 80% of the endgame content already. Without that content even being fleshed out.

Do I still have to point out that this game is not even finished yet?

I imagine if somebody showed you an early pre-print version of Shoots and Ladders that didn't have the last square printed on it you would complain that the game is unbeatable? Of course it's unbeatable. It's not finished yet. 9_9

3 minutes ago, Sky.NET said:

You just gave me the advice to listen to the content of a post instead of just looking at the formatting.
What you do now with the words i used to describe something everyone knows well what im talking about is exactly the same behaviour,
you do not focus on my message, you focus on "decorations". Using the (in your opinion) wrong word for a well known thing that doesnt make my subject harder to understand is minor and with your opinion like "look at the content, not at the decorations" you should easily be able to ignore that.

If all you want to do, is to point out other posters' flaws and ways of typing, you're in the wrong forum.

Sure, i could've gone back and edited it, but guess what. It's a forum. No one here cares.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Not unbeatable, but harder than intended, yes.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The devs stated they still may wipe when this game is fully released.

They stated that they 'may' wipe the servers. Stating that they 'may' and saying they will, are two different things.

They stated back in 2015 they wouldn't wipe the servers.

I dont play other MMOs beside ark

See, ARK isn't an MMO in the true meaning of the term. It's an Online Multiplayer Survival Game.

And this statement is patently false.

It's actually not, but you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's demonstrably false.

People are beating more than 80% of the endgame content already. Without that content even being fleshed out.

With exploits. That are actively being patched. Please take a group of rexes into the Dragon fight and try to do it without abusing the ledge. I'll give you a hint, I did that, and the 40k HP/800% melee rexes with 100 armor saddles died before the Medium dragon got to three-quarters health. Given, no imprinting bonus' and we only had eight people. Brought 20 rexes though.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Do I still have to point out that this game is not even finished yet?

Do I have to point out that the fact that bosses are broken is still valid criticism of the game, even if it isn't finished?

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I imagine if somebody showed you an early pre-print version of Shoots and Ladders that didn't have the last square printed on it you would complain that the game is unbeatable? Of course it's unbeatable. It's not finished yet. 9_9

You are really bad at analogies. Like really bad. First the horrific WoW comparison, and now this. I'm not sure what you're attempting to accomplish with the comparisons, but you're failing at it. 

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Not harder. Unbeatable.

This was the first unbeatable boss:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-story-of-cthun-how-a-wow-boss-drove-raiders-to-madness/

And it wasn't the last.

I did the boss pre-patch and it was not unbeatable, and you sure as hell didn't have to use any exploits to beat it. It just required a very specific raid composition. It got fixed so that you didn't have to bench specific classes because they weren't able to contribute during the encounter.

2 hours ago, Casanova said:

We have A LOT of stuff to work on before release and our complete end-game content is added. Everything will get balanced out. Time and time again we've publicly said that we are in the stage of adding the final base content and then starting to work on the balancing and "re-do" of things we aren't quite happy with.

Things like this just shouldn't be discussed as we haven't finished the game yet. 

Of course we want you guys to enjoy our game and continue playing it, so we listen to feedback and will continue to make changes before release to make ARK the final product that we (us and our players) truly want it to be.

I'm pretty sure you know, the game release got delayed a few times already thanks to keep importing (many usleless) content as an excuse.
There is a list on the net, which includes many nice ideas, promised content, yet we haven't even heard of those since. I don't know the current release date, heard many. But seeign this list, you are pretty much behind. Will there be another delay? WIll this game stay in EA forever?
I'm not even sure, if there will be any players left (thanks to the latest patch and many bad decisions) by the time this game releases.

28 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

You state that you play MMOs... but you complain about a 4 hour investment to get a thing.... That's not even raid night. That's tuesday.

40 hours to get enough of a thing for everyone, again, that's pretty low for an mmo.

As for the fights themselves, If you had an actual strategy, and weren't just throwing rexes at them, you might have better results.

It's not exactly the same thing, so it can hardly be compared but...

In an MMO (like World of Warcraft) you worked 40 hours for something that was there after usable for months. 

In Ark, you will work 40 hours to raise 20 rexes (most likely more than 40 hours but keep with me), so you can go kill one boss, so you get 10 element that will last 20 minutes. 

• Jerryn locked and unlocked this topic

Archived