[PVE] Wildcard destroys the endgame content on purpose

Sky.NET

So tried out tek for funsies on a private server, and I would like to say that, while the armor is certainly fun, the rifle seems lackluster in my mind.

From the short amount of time that I used it, I understood that this weapon was meant for close range, for these reasons:

1) Shot travel time. Unlike a bullet from a much cheaper gun, you can see this coming from a mile away. Also it's a big bright light.

2) Extreme recoil. The bullet spread from this gun seems to be like the assault rifle, which, combined with the travel time of shots, makes this gun extremely inaccurate and very difficult to track targets with.

The rate of fire is nice, but if you can't hit the target, it's not very useful. Now, you can say that close range is the actual function of this gun, but the long-range scope on it puzzles me somewhat.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3.5.2017 at 7:32 AM, TheMajorPain said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time we saw WC put something in mainly for PVE?  Normally it's for the Prim + and PVP folks, or so it seems.  

Sure, one could say "you get new Dino's" but what good does a pego, yet another berry gather, tek gear/cave, underwater base?  Where does that fit in to PVE?  Horse and unicorn?  May as well be cotton candy as that's all it's really good for truth be told, eye candy and driving up tribe Dino count or I really like this on.....  "Nice Yard Onimant" ;-). Sorry Jat, couldn't resist!

no, PVE doesn't have to worry bout being raided, just some troll kiting a rock gollum, giga, or titan and what ever else they can get to agro on another persons tames.  At least you get turrets and shields to help prevent it ;-)

Im curious, how should they design content for PvE only/mainly? Any dinos useful in PvE will be useful in PvP aswell, any boss beatable in PvE will be beatable in PvP with PvP beeing more difficult as other players can kill ur tames, destroy ur base etc. Might add some useless, cosmetic stuff? Oh wait, we have colour mutations, unicorns, skins and more that aren't really worth the effort in PvP except someone wanna be king dingeling of servery xyz, posing as a peacock.

Archived