re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

6 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Maybe you're not the customer they're aiming for? They make a Hello Kitty Island Adventure game that's not marketed towards me, but I don't think I should go to those devs and barrate them for not making their game mechanics fit how I want to play.

Imagine they never released this for early access - would you still be upset if a year from now they fully released it with the current fliers?

That's pretty much it.  There was a time when quetzals weren't even part of the game.  No-one complained about how slow mining was back then.  People just did what they could do and played the game.  Bases were smaller and raiding was more haphazzard but at the same time more fun.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FentScifer said:

" Therizinosaurus spawn weight and aggro ranged decreased "

Why it wasn't done before ? Because nobody walk in the jungle to see the danger of this dino. They made a whale which attacks rafts, nobody used raft because they prefered quetz.

ever since it was released Therizino has been the most hated landdino because of its speed/aggrorange and most of all its dmg,  followed by Troodons and Pegomastax, the first threads about this are from day 1 of the Therizinopatch, 

as for why it wasnt it done before?...... who knows.... 

there have been loads of Rafts around, first time this became apparent was when people realized all their rafts counted towards the tamed dinocount, i dont know where your info comes from, but Rafts and quetzes dont even really fill the same niece unless you wanna count them under "transport" but rafts are distinctly different, and used for different things, well before you just couldnt use em anymore because they get 2 hit by that fat fish now,

2 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

It's not 45k, it's 42.9k.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Wow that was professional. This really is ridiculous. People have a very strong point, 4 days of time to get something done and it turns to rubbish in their hands. There are aspects of the game that are unplayable now. And a great deal of time being wasted. This game takes time to do anything. It's plain and simple. Everything is a significant investment of time. Just try to understand how these people feel about that. I'm sure your coders and artists understand the devotion of time to get it perfect and can attest to the effort. I'm waiting patiently for this to blow over. But I'm starting to realize it's not going to. I've lost all my friends for ark. They're all going to conan. I'm just at a loss I don't know what to do. I'm heartbroken. I'll really miss this game. 

Making improvements, but this is exactly why major changes like this need to be made slowly, most players will still not want to play the game in this state. You would be WAY better off reversing the changes, then balancing the flyers one at a time or reversing the changes and slowly adjusting the stats individually (step one nerf speed, then adjust it for each bird, step 2 nerf stam then adjust it for each bird) 

that being said the Quetz, ptera, and argent do feel a lot better, quetz still takes to long to regen stam i feel but at least i can use it to get around a bit.

you really need to figure something out for the wyvern because right now i feel like it is still absolutely useless, your description of it in itself doesn't really work, lord of the skies with low stamina? the ONLY way that would work is if it had like almost instantaneous stam regen when it landed so it could actually get back in the air (but then its not really lord of the skies because its better on land) make them how they used to be and just shorten the breath range so that for pvp purposes it is impossible to breath attack without being hit by turrets, this low stamina thing makes em not even viable to farm meat with.

and PLEASE answer this one i seriously want to know here,

are there any plans to change the way that you guys at WC do business? are we going to be getting more information going forward? do you plan on keeping up this, against the norm, big nerf then slow buffs pattern? Are you going to be making an effort to come across as mature developers who value the opinions of their player base? You guys have made a great game, even if you eliminated flyers from the game in all honesty it would still be a good game, it's the fact that the devs at WC seem to use this fact to ignore their current player base that makes me not want to come back. Pull your heads out of your asses, the game is good because at its core it is a good concept, start LISTENING to your players before we all switch to conan exiles  

2 hours ago, GhostRSA said:

Yeah even our local sites here in South Africa has started to run with the story. Word of mouth now is spreading like wild fire. Nothing short of a sledgehammer reversal of the nerf hammer will stop this run away train.

http://telkomgaming.co.za/ark-devs-respond-to-flyer-nerf-outrage/

The revert isn't going to happen regardless of anything. Best case scenario they do a bigger buff to almost how things were before the nerf, but never a full revert 

3 hours ago, Taiine said:

It's useless. The update is a damn joke.

At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all.

The flyers stam drain is far to large, and it's not changing with the next coming patch. There giving us some base stam but people have already done the math and it'll hardly be noticeable. Woohoo I get a few extra wing flaps before I need to land and sit for a while as stam regens.

It got bad on the server when one tribe had to bring their flyers on the back of a darn BRONTO to get them to a raid as it was faster than flying, then ended up not using them because there stam drain is to much and their speed makes them sitting ducks for snipers. Plus their weight can hardly hold the rider all geared up let alone anyone they some how manage to pluck.

Hell, most of us can run on foot faster and further than our flyers can fly. Most of us were just getting around on Thylo's as they can run faster and further, can scale walls and take little fall damage.

So when is the nerf to land dinos and their ability to just keep going like crazy? Or the nerf to player move speed?

Anyone who QQ's over flyers are likely the people that sucked at PVP. We use to use flyers to support our land troops. Our Rex's, our Gigas, our titan in one raid we marched along to take out the alpha tribe at the time. Land battles, air battles, people setting up turret towers, people on foot in ghilly trying to sneek past enemy lines. Don't see where WildCard think's people are living on their darn flyers.. No one is.

But now even with the upcoming buff flyers are still going to be useless, the 'rolls' they are offering are pointless. They will still have too high of a stam drain, there speed is going to make them easy targets, and my quetz even with the weight boost there giving it is still not going to be able to hit the metal spawns with out wasting so much darn time being a sitting duck as it has to keep sitting there to get stam back after a short hop.

Know what is sad? When our allies can chain 5 ankys on follow together and make it to the metal nodes ON FOOT before our quetz + anky can even make it.

How is any of this 'balanced'?

Our server died a few days after the patch hit. NO ONE was happy about it. After some general chat with those that didn't out right quit at first we all pretty much agreed to switch to Conan Exiles as it was better than what WildCard was offering us. A tribe found a low pop Conan pvp server and the rest all flooded to it, making it a high pop overnight. I went back to the ark server the other night and it showed 2 players on it.. What use to be a high pop hardcore pvp server is now a ghost town, and no these up coming changes after people were doing the math on it, would not bring anyone back, as these changes are not enough.

So there giving us a little base stam back, and allowing quetz to have weight again.

But the stam drain is unchanged, you will still only be able to do short hops on flyers., there speed is still going to make them a sitting duck. Know your petra's? There nearly unchanged, the patch is hardly touching them. So that gives you an idea of what will be coming.

It's a joke.

So at the time of writing you haven't even played mk. 2? Whole post is invalid. 

2 hours ago, Taylos said:

This patch is just another joke,.. I wonder if any of those Admins replying here ever played for a Long time.,who will want to use a Ptera with like 400 Stamina ? I won't,... Wyverns Need a lot of Stamina for their attack thus still useless and the other birds I didn't even care to check.

People have started using gallys. It's just time to make lemonade. Fliers shouldn't be the only way to have fun. I mean hey it's a dino game. We get to play with Dino's. Seems cool to me

Its a step to the right direction, but only a babystep. 

1. Target he real offenders of the balance (like the scouting bird having barrel roll attack) and rehabilitate the ones to prenerf state who HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL (dimorphodon, tapejara)

2. Bring back the speed leveling possibility. Put on a diminishing return on speed leveling, to prohibit unbalanced pteras but still giving the freedom to the players

Our crusade agains the nerf MAY NOT STOP!

2 hours ago, Gardvor said:

and again you are cute :D

All i need to do is editing it once a month :D and you are thinking it will rise ?

People who are really interested will READ the Reviews, not every one is dumb enough to only look at tumps up ! And Reviews after short time playing 0.1h to 100h with one word or one sentence have never recommended a game for me ! 

Example sure: 

EARLY-ACCESS-REVIEW

VERFASST: 6. APRIL 0.5 hours played

DIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^w^

And you know i can sort them like, show me all and the ones who are helpfull. Guess what you will see ? On the first page (without loading new ones)

2 (in words: TWO) positiv reviews, you need to get out of your Dreamworld !

have a nice day Fanbob

I am pretty sure not everyone is going to take the time to do that every month.

the sad thing is if they did it's just a salty tantrum and not actually being helpful to players. Smh ?

5 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

People have started using gallys. It's just time to make lemonade. Fliers shouldn't be the only way to have fun. I mean hey it's a dino game. We get to play with Dino's. Seems cool to me

When I have a child and I want him to play with other thing than his red car, I will show him something more interesting as an alternative. Then I let him to choose. 

The parents at the Wildcard would stomp on the favorite red car of their son and give him a wood cube to play with. 

Just now, szabiferi said:

When I have a child and I want him to play with other thing than his red car, I will show him something more interesting as an alternative. Then I let him to choose. 

The parents at the Wildcard would stomp on the favorite red car of their son and give him a wood cube to play with. 

Unfortunately everyone has a plan on what they would do when they have a child. I usually doesn't end up that way. Everything changes

25 minutes ago, Smash said:

That's pretty much it.  There was a time when quetzals weren't even part of the game.  No-one complained about how slow mining was back then.  People just did what they could do and played the game.  Bases were smaller and raiding was more haphazzard but at the same time more fun.

There was a time in the history, when people didn't have electricity, and the ladies went to the river to wash their clothes. 

Now, could you please remove the electricity from your house and go to the rive to wash your t-shirt? 

3 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Unfortunately everyone has a plan on what they would do when they have a child. I usually doesn't end up that way. Everything changes

I have 3 :D

One of them played Ark with me last week, we spent 2 days to raise his first wyvern.. he faithfully logged in every 3 hours to imprint it, asked me to do the imprinting in the night... sad story but when he saw what happened with his wyvern what we were "working" for, he didnt want to login anymore.... 

There was a reason why I came up with the kid analogue...

1 minute ago, szabiferi said:

I have 3 :D

One of them played Ark with me last week, we spent 2 days to raise his first wyvern.. he faithfully logged in every 3 hours to imprint it, aked me to do the imprinting in the night... sad story but when he saw what happened with his wyvern what we were "working" for, he didnt want to login anymore.... 

There was a reason why I came up with the kid analogue...

Not sure why you said "when I have a kid" then. Pointed towards you not having children.

and this is a mature rated game

2 hours ago, Robersdee said:

Oh can't see the wood for the trees eh, no other retort apart from I didn't have the exact numbers, that kind of nitpicking really is worrying from a community mod. Ouch.

I don't really need to change it however because after today it will have far surpassed 45k, your point is moot, that is all. 

does such a mod exist already? how about one for the old ui?

2 hours ago, Robersdee said:

Oh can't see the wood for the trees eh, no other retort apart from I didn't have the exact numbers, that kind of nitpicking really is worrying from a community mod. Ouch.

I don't really need to change it however because after today it will have far surpassed 45k, your point is moot, that is all. 

Like someone making a mountain out of a mole hill?

4 hours ago, Taiine said:

It's useless. The update is a damn joke.

At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all.

The flyers stam drain is far to large, and it's not changing with the next coming patch. There giving us some base stam but people have already done the math and it'll hardly be noticeable. Woohoo I get a few extra wing flaps before I need to land and sit for a while as stam regens.

It got bad on the server when one tribe had to bring their flyers on the back of a darn BRONTO to get them to a raid as it was faster than flying, then ended up not using them because there stam drain is to much and their speed makes them sitting ducks for snipers. Plus their weight can hardly hold the rider all geared up let alone anyone they some how manage to pluck.

Hell, most of us can run on foot faster and further than our flyers can fly. Most of us were just getting around on Thylo's as they can run faster and further, can scale walls and take little fall damage.

So when is the nerf to land dinos and their ability to just keep going like crazy? Or the nerf to player move speed?

Anyone who QQ's over flyers are likely the people that sucked at PVP. We use to use flyers to support our land troops. Our Rex's, our Gigas, our titan in one raid we marched along to take out the alpha tribe at the time. Land battles, air battles, people setting up turret towers, people on foot in ghilly trying to sneek past enemy lines. Don't see where WildCard think's people are living on their darn flyers.. No one is.

But now even with the upcoming buff flyers are still going to be useless, the 'rolls' they are offering are pointless. They will still have too high of a stam drain, there speed is going to make them easy targets, and my quetz even with the weight boost there giving it is still not going to be able to hit the metal spawns with out wasting so much darn time being a sitting duck as it has to keep sitting there to get stam back after a short hop.

Know what is sad? When our allies can chain 5 ankys on follow together and make it to the metal nodes ON FOOT before our quetz + anky can even make it.

How is any of this 'balanced'?

Our server died a few days after the patch hit. NO ONE was happy about it. After some general chat with those that didn't out right quit at first we all pretty much agreed to switch to Conan Exiles as it was better than what WildCard was offering us. A tribe found a low pop Conan pvp server and the rest all flooded to it, making it a high pop overnight. I went back to the ark server the other night and it showed 2 players on it.. What use to be a high pop hardcore pvp server is now a ghost town, and no these up coming changes after people were doing the math on it, would not bring anyone back, as these changes are not enough.

So there giving us a little base stam back, and allowing quetz to have weight again.

But the stam drain is unchanged, you will still only be able to do short hops on flyers., there speed is still going to make them a sitting duck. Know your petra's? There nearly unchanged, the patch is hardly touching them. So that gives you an idea of what will be coming.

It's a joke.

i couldn't have said this any better!

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

Quetz - i dont understand all complaints about new stamina. A high level quetz has 2k+ stamina base and that is enough for long distance travelling. They are not meant to be fast or strong. Ankys getting reduction to effective weight of raw metal re-enables quetz farming thingy (a decision that i personally dont approve, but w/e).

I think they are going in the right direction with the nerf. When I use my Quetz, I don't expect it to go fast anyways. I just want it to have good stamina, and I think that they do. So I agree with you. I think they did the anky weighth reduction to help the qetz farming thingy because they took away the stamina regain that they had. The only problem I have with it is that they need to have wild ones land now. 

30 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Yes but if you had a child who wanted to drive your red car I'm sure you'd want him to follow YOUR rules and not just drive it the way he wants to. If he really wants to drive it the way he wants to there's a private road he can do whatever he wants on.

That's a more apt analogy.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Bain said:

has anyone here tamed a new ptera/argie/quetz of decent lvl since mk2? to see point distribution without MS points being allocated? seeing as there is no mindwipe would be hard to truly test different stat distribution via lvl ups 

In the previous patch, I spawned in and tranqed a 150 Q.  All points were account for(149) within the other stats....none lost to MS.  I did not tame it, but if I remember, I will do one tonight, just to make sure the other 74 levels go into the 6 stats.

On the other side, some useful feedback to get a balance on speed and stamina consumption, you can end up with new tames with some better stats than you could get previously; now each stat has a 1 in 6 chance for a level up for each level of wild, and tame.  You might not fly as fast(no more FTL travel) and maybe have to land from time to time, but there is potential here for the future.  

And, Wildcard has to keep that in mind when doing the rebalance...the future tames.  Now the average points for a 150 is 24.83 per stat, up from 21.28.  May not seem like a lot, but it is actually an average of 16.7% increase for the stats.  And, also means a better change for getting higher than average stats in a preferred stat.

Personally, going to be seeing where things go, and then going to be taming some new flyers.

• GP locked this topic

Archived