re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Robersdee said:

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing too, unprofessional at best. 

At this point I'm just readying my popcorn for the release of this shambles patch/nerf on the consoles, will be a very entertaining show

I have no clue why I m bothering sticking up for the mods right now with their recent behavior towards me but I am still doing it.

they bring up good points(sometimes) and when they are not being bias(yeah) they can be pretty helpful. 

In order to stay on topic(god forbid I don't) I would still like to stay I stand beside my opinion and say the flier nerf was fine the first time. They gave you guys a buff.... if they give another one please be happy with it. I really hope I didn't offend anyone with this because if I did then.....

10 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

They gave you guys a buff.... if they give another one please be happy with it.

wow, how pedantic.

Maybe its the constant reply to every new negative post with how much you agree with the nerf. In every thread, to every post. Literally just ssaid it again to my post, it's becoming a more than a little embarrassing/aggravating. 

27 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

wow, how pedantic.

Maybe its the constant reply to every new negative post with how much you agree with the nerf. In every thread, to every post. Literally just ssaid it again to my post, it's becoming a more than a little embarrassing/aggravating. 

Well if more and more people keep being happy, that usually means the only people that won't be happy are the ones that won't be happy unless everything goes back to normal. I feel sorry for those people because that simply won't happen no matter how unhappy they are. The deva didn't bother going through all of this along with the bad reviews to just turn it all around. You do realize they won't do that right? Why get bad reviews just to turn around and reverse everything and still have bad reviews? It is a new month by the way so people couldn't even change the old reviews if they wanted to

2 hours ago, Ulta said:

WC can avoid so much hate if they just...talked to us before they do anything 'crazy' as this nerf clearly was a bold move.

and thats the crux of this problem poop if they just told us what was going to happen and told us they know its going to be terrible but they want feedback and made threads specifically for that feedback we probably would have been on flyer nerf mk 3 by now heck maybe even 5. but instead they decided to throw the worst surprise party ever on the community especcially flyer breeders causing a veritable traffic jam of rage infighting and bile on the forums ensuring any and all potentially useful feedback gets buried within moments by a mountain of name calling and flaming from both sides of the argument even moderators getting a bit annoyed. and so now the devs are forced to look at statistics instead of proper feedback and that problem is further compounded by a large portion of the community downloading a mod that basically makes all data from them useless because its just data from before the nerf. what was supposed to be ripping off a bandaid quickly became digging a shotgun slug out of your abdomen with a rusty fork to this massive collision of problems. and it all could have been avoided with say a weeks or heck even a couple days warning instead of the nebulous statement "flyer nerf" in the upcoming patch notes.

On 14/04/2017 at 9:44 AM, Twin said:

No - It's not the "the hooting and hollering" that has left a bad taste in peoples mouth.  It is the heavy handed way WC has handled this update and the zero communication they have had with the player community.  It is not hard to figure out what players want.  It appears that enough of them were happy enough with the way things were that they downloaded a mod to put them back that way.  I agree with that some of the flyers may have been OP but setting a really low limit of how fast they can go and nerfing the heck out of their stamina was a really bad idea.  Their first buffs were almost nonexistent and the only news we've had since then is "we're looking at numbers."  They seem to have forgotten that players have sometimes put many many hours in a breeding program and WC comes along and throws all of that work away.  As I've said many times - Why not allow nonofficial servers to set their own rates/limits to each dino group.  This way players that like to spend all their time travelling and collecting materials so that they can build can do that.   Players that like to play on role playing pve or pvp can do that.  This seems to be a win win scenario for the unofficial servers.  People that like to play on official servers can do that.

100% agree

5 hours ago, Critter said:

I figured the 100k mod statements were people suggesting to revert back to the old stats entirely. That they basically were saying, "No, don't balance them.. just revert back to the old stats". Someone telling me about gathering data and providing feedback is irrelevant, to me atleast, because I don't care to rebalance. Just put the stats back. 

Thats what I assumed the 100k subscription comments were suggesting. Idk what all this data mining crap is all about. 

The 100k mod downloads are the people who couldn't live with the flyers as they were post nerf.  So they downloaded the mod (I am one of them by the way).  I do play without the mod on my dedicated server because i am not good with that sort of stuff and don't quite know how to get my dedicated server to upload and use the mod.  But I do play my single player game with the mod and I love it.

Having used both pre and post nerfed birds, I can easily see the differences. Basically I hate the Pteranadon post nerf. I renamed my bird Redundant Pixels, just before I piked it to death.  I tamed a new Argy and outfitted it with a lot of stamina and weight and I like it, (need a little bit of extra speed please).  Quetz I have only ever used for transport and not a lot of that so can't really speak about pre and post nerf here. Never owned a wyvern.

I think bulk people went for the mod because the nerf was so harsh and it was not fun to use the flyers any more.  It doesn't mean people are not prepared to try adjusted figures, I think it means that the figures were adjusted toooooo much so people said "screw it". 

Most people have a limited time to play due to family and work commitments and they didn't want to spend said time experimenting on the best way to adjust the birds back up again.  Can't blame them for that, they paid money to play the game, not to be official testers.

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

So yeah, all the "number of downloads in 14 days" says is people aren't satisfied, which was to be expected. In no way does it give any reasonable direction nor scale on adjusting these creatures to make them both balanced and fun.

Maybe if they had actually communicated PRIOR to this huge nerf people would have given ideas and feedback. Instead they want about with a stealth nerf that no one knew the scope of. Just revert the changes and start over again. You want input, be reasonable and ask for input rather than  giving us a poop sandwich and then forcing us to eat it.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, KingGalahad said:

Maybe if they had actually communicated PRIOR to this huge nerf people would have given ideas and feedback. Instead they want about with a stealth nerf that no one knew the scope of. Just revert the changes and start over again. You want input, be reasonable and ask for input rather than  giving us a poop sandwich and then forcing us to eat it.

Ideas before implementation is nice and all, but that's how we end up with things like diseases and terror birds. Right now they're collecting data based on how people are actually coping with the changes in order to adjust accordingly instead of just taking things at face value and having it explode in their faces again anyway.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Ideas before implementation is nice and all, but that's how we end up with things like diseases and terror birds. Right now they're collecting data based on how people are actually coping with the changes in order to adjust accordingly instead of just taking things at face value and having it explode in their faces again anyway.

I pretty much think things have exploded anyway lol

27 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

"Collecting data to adjust accordingly" and where exactly have they officially announced this? I'm not talking one buried tweet or an offhand reply in a buried thread. Show me where. Point me to the pinned topic on here, steam or reddit ,I'm giving you three big forums for the game for choice. Show me where. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Robersdee said:

"Collecting data to adjust accordingly" and where exactly have they officially announced this? I'm not talking one buried tweet or an offhand reply in a buried thread. Show me where. Point me to the pinned topic on here, steam or reddit ,I'm giving you three big forums for the game for choice. Show me where. 

Jat responded regarding v3 in a thread that's literally on the front page of the site. That's neither a "buried tweet" nor a reply in a "buried thread".

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Jat responded regarding v3 in a thread that's literally on the front page of the site. That's neither a "buried tweet" nor a reply in a "buried thread".

So you think one dev saying "once we're ready we will put up a thread" as an answer to a question in a digest is acceptable? If so and if that's really your answer to what I said then your more deluded than I thought. Like I said point me to an official pinned thread on any of the 3 main forums detailing what they are doing , oh right you can't. The sheer arrogance of WC is infuriating at this point.

As someone delicately stated in this forum a week ago " I've never seen a company deliberately kidney punch their own product" and then just go silent on the community after some miniscule buffs. Embarrassing.

I regret avoiding this thread.  It's a shame that the white noise in this thread really doesn't represent the population all that much.  I've been a prolific poster here and I've just been having too much fun in Ark again since the nerf to be bothered coming here and battling the whiner brigade.

This issue is of WCs making but it's not because of how the managed the nerf, it's just how long they took to do it.  Plenty of players have invested large amounts of hours in perfecting their stock of 3-4 dinos of which most are flyers.  Now that they've been nerfed it's understandable that they're upset, but they can't be objective about it at this stage.  Hell there's tribes out there who've never bothered with taming even Rexes because their base is on a mountain and well..........quetzals. They should have done this back in about May last year, after Quetzals had been on the scene for a few months.  It was obvious then that they were massively changing the game.  Those who figured out the weight glitch were keeping it hushed up because, at the time, they felt that it was too good to last....... but it did.  The same goes for the the state of pteradons and quetzals compared to all the other dinos in PvP.  Even argys were kinda redundant even though they're still leagues ahead of anything that walks.

The mod downloads being quoted don't mean anything.  They just show that a lot of servers kneejerked when V1 came out.  Plenty of servers could have taken it off since or people could have changed servers or jumped on a server with the mod to check it out.  I'm sure there's plenty of terrible mods out there with 100k downloads that definitely shouldn't be incorporated into the core game.  Practically every beacon mod is a 12 year old's wet dream of super loot.  I bet plenty of those have 10s if not 100s of thousands of downloads.

You only just have to go back through Arks history to see just how many giga-litres of tears get shed over nerfs which did nothing but improve the game:

1) The most compelling example was the damage nerf.  Remember when your argy had 1500% damage and you eradicated level 120 T-rexes in 3-4 hits?  Yeah, everyone lost their poop over that nerf but no-one left the game and it's definitely better for it. 

2) Then there have been what 5 giga nerfs?  Gigas still get used; people still play the game. 

3) Then there was removing turrets from quetzals.  "How will we raid?!" you all wailed (while the subtext was, "how will I bully nubs?"), yet raid you did. 

4) Then there were all the platform exploits that got fixed:  Floating platforms, box Quetzals, spikes on Quetzals, all fixed, all improvements.

5) Quetzal platform weight exploit getting toned down and then removed.  Yep, you all kept playing.  It's a shame the devs gave the weight efficiency to gatherers.  That's definitely the next thing on my radar.  There's probably more, but you get the idea.

Finally there's the extent of the nerf:  Let's face it, all of you with hundreds of pteradon breeding hours wouldn't have even entertained a 10% nerf.  So they went hard because they wanted to hear from people who would at least entertain it.  Yeah V1 was too heavy, but without doing it they would never have know, but V2 is pretty much on the money although it needs tweaking, tweaking down.  Now that you don't direct 80% of your points to speed they're becoming flying super carnos and once again you pretty much never bother with anything else.  Mine has 10k health and 600% melee and it's just a tame................ that needs to be toned down.  They could up the pteradon's stam and speed a bit but only if they lose the barrel roll and pick ability.  They they'd fill the low level scout roll they were always meant to have.  Quetzals probably need more of a health nerf but I've got to do more testing with that..

So yeah, V2 flyer nerf is awesome, these tears in this unconstructive format won't bring the pre-nerf game back.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

So you think one dev saying "once we're ready we will put up a thread" as an answer to a question in a digest is acceptable? If so and if that's really your answer to what I said then your more deluded than I thought. Like I said point me to an official pinned thread on any of the 3 main forums detailing what they are doing , oh right you can't. The sheer arrogance of WC is infuriating at this point.

As someone delicately stated in this forum a week ago " I've never seen a company deliberately kidney punch their own product" and then just go silent on the community after some miniscule buffs. Embarrassing.

Ah yes. Now we shift the goalpost from "show me where they said anything more than v2" to "this is not an acceptable response ergo they didn't say anything at all". And you talk of WC being arrogant.

8 hours ago, Noompsie said:

The 100k mod downloads are the people who couldn't live with the flyers as they were post nerf.  So they downloaded the mod (I am one of them by the way).  I do play without the mod on my dedicated server because i am not good with that sort of stuff and don't quite know how to get my dedicated server to upload and use the mod.  But I do play my single player game with the mod and I love it.

Having used both pre and post nerfed birds, I can easily see the differences. Basically I hate the Pteranadon post nerf. I renamed my bird Redundant Pixels, just before I piked it to death.  I tamed a new Argy and outfitted it with a lot of stamina and weight and I like it, (need a little bit of extra speed please).  Quetz I have only ever used for transport and not a lot of that so can't really speak about pre and post nerf here. Never owned a wyvern.

I think bulk people went for the mod because the nerf was so harsh and it was not fun to use the flyers any more.  It doesn't mean people are not prepared to try adjusted figures, I think it means that the figures were adjusted toooooo much so people said "screw it". 

Most people have a limited time to play due to family and work commitments and they didn't want to spend said time experimenting on the best way to adjust the birds back up again.  Can't blame them for that, they paid money to play the game, not to be official testers.

Aye, yes. Precisely what I figured on behalf of those throwing the "100k" subscription numbers around. 

• GP locked this topic
  • Volunteer Moderator

This thread, although started with the best of intentions has turned into bickering between many people and in no way is any of this helping the Devs work on further tweaks for Mk 3.

Considering there has been plenty of time for feedback to be given it is now time to wait and see what comes in time.

I'm locking this thread as a result, but of course it will remain here for the Devs to observe the good content in it.

Archived