re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

It's not 45k, it's 42.9k.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Oh can't see the wood for the trees eh, no other retort apart from I didn't have the exact numbers, that kind of nitpicking really is worrying from a community mod. Ouch.

I don't really need to change it however because after today it will have far surpassed 45k, your point is moot, that is all. 

My 2cents on this: Endgame Official PvE, all Tests were done with either Breed children of maxtames or Maxleveltames of the respective Bird,

Ptera: Ive not used a Ptera in a long long time, but gettin on one today i thought it was actually kinda fine, its supposed to be a earlygame scout right?, thats what it does now, good job

Argent: Too slow and could use a little more stamina, also the new soundset is AWFUL, it sounds like its choking... permanently 

Tape: Needs more speed and more Stamina,

Pelagornis: lil more speed should do the trick, but these are mostly piggybacking or being uploaded for transport anyways so not much will change here,

Quetz: needs more speed and stamina, way better than before but far from actually beeing enjoyable to use,  

Wyvern: way too slow still, and the Stamina seems like an actual joke,  i personally think breath attacks WERE way too powerful, but nerfing the Stamina was the wrong way, a seperate Breathbar or increased costs for the breath would have been way better options imho, maybe even restricting the breath to the ground would have been better than what actually happened, 

Not enough. Fliers speed need to return. Cap speed to 200% pteradon 225% argy wyvern 150% quetzal 125%

After that restore stamina in full, nerf pteradon barrel roll and remove.ability to pick players off mounts from pteradon.

Restore quetzal mining and transporting loaded players/dinos.

Buff pelagornis and tapejera.

such exaggerations you cannot cross a river on a quetz? BS  pve aside, quetz and ptera still rule the meta of ark pvp2 tames out of how many? you have a giga? ill just pluck u a wyvern? plucked you want to raid my base? no worries ill make a box quetz fly into your raid base pick you up and fly to my turrets. lol such skill needed.

The most funny part i find in all of this:

The Hand clearly stated in his post (which is now conveniently closed) that they would listen to their community with this update and included a file with upgrades planned at that time. A lot of posts complained about things like the stamina-use of the wyvern's special attack and the quetzal/argent speed. Now after all these points have been deleted and the new update is out, the changes that have been done are literally the same as the spreadsheet that was posted in the hand's original post.

Did i miss something here?

2 minutes ago, Griffin1984 said:

The most funny part i find in all of this:

The Hand clearly stated in his post (which is now conveniently deleted) that they would listen to their community with this update and included a file with upgrades planned at that time. A lot of posts complained about things like the stamina-use of the wyvern's special attack and the quetzal/argent speed. Now after all these points have been deleted and the new update is out, the changes that have been done are literally the same as the spreadsheet that was posted in the hand's original post.

Did i miss something here?

Quetzal got speed buff. The spreadsheet was being changed. When they released it, Quetzal had no speed buff at the beginning.

I assume, the new official feedback thread will be opened when they are at office.

3 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Quetzal got speed buff. The spreadsheet was being changed. When they released it, Quetzal had no speed buff at the beginning.

I assume, the new official feedback thread will be opened when they are at office.

yeah, the whole 9% speed buff so instead of going 10mph you now fly at 10.9mph ...

Please do something for the Lord of the Skies. It is really hard process to get one on an official PVP and for casual players probably means they need to make holiday from their Job or spending a whole weekend to raise. In my opinion if tames have a long process and people spending a lot of time doing it besides that it’s not easy as well. It should a bit pay out. Not having a "Stone of the Skies" i mean it was ok before and not abused like quetz or pteras. 

Agree with changes you made except (above) and i don't understand the ascendant colour. You are going to change that? I understand red is not good as well but there are some other colours like Orange, Brown. Something else than blue like normal UI. It's hard to get this BP if you waste it because of colour is annoying. 

You can change whatever you want to change but please keep one rule. Don't take hours players spend (Breeding, Taming, Raising, and Grinding) from them or make the game more grinding as it is anyway. Put away your glitches so no one got a favour of doubling something or infinite something! I mean you also can go on YouTube and see that. Should be easy to do something, if not there should be creative workarounds. 

And for some reason you said Landdinos are not used by players. The Landdinos are used for sure. We need it for kibble, farming, having fun riding and killing other Dinos, getting meat. Some of them nearly all got a role in Ark I mean all the Dinos have special abilities or usage besides some but they also needed. Sure you have 0815 players which just sitting on a ptera and barrel role. But that is funny for a day and then it’s gone. That players won’t stay long but you let them ruin the fun others had.

the ptera seems pretty much ok at the moment feels like a fresh tame where there are totally no speed points given to it., wyvern... wyvern feels meh. I just use it to get to point A to B so that it gets attacked less often. didn't bother using special attacks. sacrificed 4 days of sleep for it, so be it. tapejara still remains my favourite mount due to it's goofy maneuverability and decent carry weight. the game thinks we all need to slow the raptor down, so be it then.

killed off the rest of my tames due to the PvE cap. have no idea about the argent.

LPT: guys, next time pls remember to give rave reviews on ground units. so that the devs don't throw a hissy fit and nerf everything else to hell, ok? don't wanna let them feel that we are trivialising content.

poopty pro tip, I know.

1 hour ago, Lewiatan said:

Breath attacks of wyven needs seperated stamina bar for that, so you could still fly as long as you want, but you will be limited how often you can use breath attack.

interesting point, id rather make it a separate bar called 'recharge' or something providing a CD on the breath attack. i dont think they should require more stam for the breath attack than for a regular attack. make it a 10 sec cd or something so its not ridiculous

41 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

As long as you cant farm efficiently with a quetz, this flyer nerf will be considered a fail. No minor tweaking is going to change that

i can farm efficiently with a quetz.

3 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

interesting point, id rather make it a separate bar called 'recharge' or something providing a CD on the breath attack. i dont think they should require more stam for the breath attack than for a regular attack. make it a 10 sec cd or something so its not ridiculous

i can farm efficiently with a quetz.

Porbably u think it is , but arent.

55 minutes ago, rawsh said:

My 2cents on this: Endgame Official PvE, all Tests were done with either Breed children of maxtames or Maxleveltames of the respective Bird,

Ptera: Ive not used a Ptera in a long long time, but gettin on one today i thought it was actually kinda fine, its supposed to be a earlygame scout right?, thats what it does now, good job

Argent: Too slow and could use a little more stamina, also the new soundset is AWFUL, it sounds like its choking... permanently 

Tape: Needs more speed and more Stamina,

Pelagornis: lil more speed should do the trick, but these are mostly piggybacking or being uploaded for transport anyways so not much will change here,

Quetz: needs more speed and stamina, way better than before but far from actually beeing enjoyable to use,  

Wyvern: way too slow still, and the Stamina seems like an actual joke,  i personally think breath attacks WERE way too powerful, but nerfing the Stamina was the wrong way, a seperate Breathbar or increased costs for the breath would have been way better options imho, maybe even restricting the breath to the ground would have been better than what actually happened, 

I always thought wyvern should have a cool down on their ability.. I think all specials should have a cooldown.. Would separate stam and let them tinker with travel or ability alternately, better fine tuning imo

Its so simple WC let players level speed getting rid of this destroy much of the time an effort people put into imprinting while enabling imprinting buff would just make it more OP. And unless all flyers can get over 200% speed from there old base there useless in combat especial now that you can force heal..... Not sure why you change that like vegy cakes are OP meat well that requires work.... You going to give us meat cakes?? 

32 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

@Jat

That was my thought. We have a problem that wyverns are suppoused to be rules of the sky, but they cannot be while they have to land after using a few breath attacks. In many fantasy books or films they use different source of breath attack than stamina, flamable gas etc. With bar that it is responsible for breath attacks only would give them more flexability in balancing wyverns. 

For example, you can fly for a long time and bite quite often, but your breath attacks are limited, because of seperated gas/another_magical_source_of_breath_attack bar that regenrates over time

Regarding other affected flyers:

Ptera:

• It has perfect speed now.

Argentavis:

• Not sure if it is quick enough to steal wyvern eggs. If not, it has to be quicker.
  • In general this feels now way better, but as I said you have to solve the issue with stealing wyvern's eggs.

Quetzal:

• I suggest increasing speed by another 10 % and adjust animation to that value so it fits and we are in sweet spot
  • I stil would like to have midair stamina regeneration. 
  • Wild Quetzal has to land from time to time on its own (if midair stamina regeneration will be gone forever)

Just now, Lewiatan said:

@Jat

That was my thought. We have a problem that wyverns are suppoused to be rules of the sky, but they cannot be while they have to land after using a few breath attacks. In many fantasy books or films they use different source of breath attack than stamina, flamable gas etc. With bar that it is responsible for breath attacks only would give them more flexability in balancing wyverns. 

For example, you can fly for a long time and bite quite often, but your breath attacks are limited, because of seperated gas/another_magical_source_of_breath_attack bar that regenrates over time.

yeah i can see this work, would lift the huge rage about wyvern stamina thats going on. keep their speed locked and their stamina the way it is but make a breath attack cost the same ammount of stamina as for example 2 bites. then add a cd timer and we're good to go :)

• GP locked this topic

Archived