Introducing the Titanosaur & Humble Bundle Sale!

Jatheish

Really want this in the game!

I'm guessing the way this dino works is like a "damage reflector" hinted by its armored plates of bone protrusions that reflects a % of the damage taken, back to the aggressor. So a Giga is basically killing itself when trying to harm the Titanosaurus having a large amount of HP. Probably a way to kill it would be by using ballistas and rocket turrets (man-made heavy arsenal) which is rather nice. Barely anyone uses ballistas so this would be nice. Just thinking about how this would be used.

Love this Titanosaur concept (and the appearance of it)!

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, JetSetz aka cryptonite89 said:

With this new item? B| 

SPOILER ALERT: FLAK ARMOR + ELECTRIC PROD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=610002554

I've been thinking this, but then I thought sure something that size won't be knocked down in one hit with the electric prod, and if the Titan is anything like the Bronto then when you hit it once with the prod it will knock you flying with it's tail and therefore will you get close enough again to hit it?

43 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I've been thinking this, but then I thought sure something that size won't be knocked down in one hit with the electric prod, and if the Titan is anything like the Bronto then when you hit it once with the prod it will knock you flying with it's tail and therefore will you get close enough again to hit it?

For a prod, it does seem VERY short... specially when it's about Dinos lol.

But i'll think creatively and it's perhaps something like:

You have to somehow get on the back of the Titanosaurus and electrify it lol

or

You can fire a cable-like grapple from the prod that latches onto the dino with a limited range. If too far, the link (or weapon) breaks. (Tail swings will try and knock people away to break the link).

It only suggest that "Narcotics" won't affect it, but narcotic uses are only one of the other ways to induce Torpor. Clubs, fists, scorpions and "frog" are non-narcotic examples so this Electric Prod is rather interesting!

Perhaps it induces Torpor per second for as long as the link isn't broken. Each prod latched onto the dino will have reduced effectiveness perhaps to make it balanced.

1 Prod = 100% effective

2 Prod = 80% effective

3 Prod = 60% effective

4 Prod = 40% effective

5 Prod = 20% effective

6 or more Prods = 1% effective

With 5 guys, you can speed up the Torpor that is induced into the dino by an extra 200% (1% more from any extra guy after 5th).

Things like this would make it rather interesting, challenging and nothing like the typical methods that we already know and involves coordination and "evolved" teamwork ha! ^_^

I'm thinking and also hoping its tail swings are about the same strength as a Bronto... preferably less as it's mostly fall damage and knock backs that cause serious injuries. Just to knock people away to break links. With its real strength being that it can REFLECT back a huge portion of damage back to its aggressor hinted by the "Armoured plates of bone protrusion". With a Giganotosaurus as an example, gigs will do too much damage for its own good if it wants to chomp on the Titanosaur... Which is basically killing itself. One chomp of the Giga being deflected back to it can probably trigger its rage, throwing off the rider and killing things in the vicinity and perhaps also uncontrollably chomping even more at the Titanosaur... maybe to its own death.

My imagination is probably going nuts at this point but i'm overall super excited to see the outcome of things, and love what the devs are doing! :D

Edited by JetSetz aka cryptonite89
Corrected the extra torpor speed from 300% to 200%*

i would love some more info on this guy. like how many structures do you think he can hold it says big enough for a main base? will this also bring the fix for logging out on mobile bases? I love the nomadic tribe idea and this guy seems to make it even cooler but im scared every night when I log out ill phase threw my bronto and onto the ground only to be killed by a dino or a random player?

1 minute ago, smokelow said:

Are these dinosaurs on Ark single, nondedicated host?, or just pvp?

Some of the dinosaurs have only released Dossiers but are not actually in the game yet. They will be in all versions and types of servers when they are released.

Here's the thread of dinosaurs maintained by one of our users that has a list stating which are released and which ones that only the dossier has been teased with so far -

On 1/28/2016 at 5:53 AM, JetSetz aka cryptonite89 said:

For a prod, it does seem VERY short... specially when it's about Dinos lol.

But i'll think creatively and it's perhaps something like:

You have to somehow get on the back of the Titanosaurus and electrify it lol

or

You can fire a cable-like grapple from the prod that latches onto the dino with a limited range. If too far, the link (or weapon) breaks. (Tail swings will try and knock people away to break the link).

It only suggest that "Narcotics" won't affect it, but narcotic uses are only one of the other ways to induce Torpor. Clubs, fists, scorpions and "frog" are non-narcotic examples so this Electric Prod is rather interesting!

Perhaps it induces Torpor per second for as long as the link isn't broken. Each prod latched onto the dino will have reduced effectiveness perhaps to make it balanced.

1 Prod = 100% effective

2 Prod = 80% effective

3 Prod = 60% effective

4 Prod = 40% effective

5 Prod = 20% effective

6 or more Prods = 1% effective

With 5 guys, you can speed up the Torpor that is induced into the dino by an extra 200% (1% more from any extra guy after 5th).

Things like this would make it rather interesting, challenging and nothing like the typical methods that we already know and involves coordination and "evolved" teamwork ha! ^_^

I'm thinking and also hoping its tail swings are about the same strength as a Bronto... preferably less as it's mostly fall damage and knock backs that cause serious injuries. Just to knock people away to break links. With its real strength being that it can REFLECT back a huge portion of damage back to its aggressor hinted by the "Armoured plates of bone protrusion". With a Giganotosaurus as an example, gigs will do too much damage for its own good if it wants to chomp on the Titanosaur... Which is basically killing itself. One chomp of the Giga being deflected back to it can probably trigger its rage, throwing off the rider and killing things in the vicinity and perhaps also uncontrollably chomping even more at the Titanosaur... maybe to its own death.

My imagination is probably going nuts at this point but i'm overall super excited to see the outcome of things, and love what the devs are doing! :D

Pachys can also do torpor. But Pachys need to be bigger like the size of a raptor

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:01 PM, CybranSeraphim said:

How are you supposed to tame this then?? Don't tell me, a tranquizing Ballista bolt:(

Maybe a giant manned Arc Turret, similar to the cattle prod stun stick, but on a giant, ranged scale.  Load a quetz with one of those suckers, and feed it some lovely voltage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...