Introducing the Titanosaur & Humble Bundle Sale!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Niki said:

In history a group of 4 giganotosaurus could not harm a titanosaurus like the argentinosaurus because the mouth was to small to bite the legs. They could only scratch the legs... Would be nice to have a damage system that includes size matters. a group of compys killing a rex because he cannot aim correctly... What if the compys just cannot do any damage to large dinos.

By the way is this image from ark gamepedia canon?

800px-Size_Comparison_January.jpg?versio 

If it is, the carnivore on the dossier is not the giganotosaurus. 

It's fan made. I don't know why the wiki "supports" it. The Titan will definitely not be that big. That is just mental and the Giga stretching its neck in the Dossier is almost just as tall, but here it wouldn't even reach the Titan's shoulder :/ 

15 hours ago, AHolySandwich said:

One question I have is what is the creature next to it? It appears to be larger than the Giganatosaurus judging by its comparison to the people next to it, so is it possibly another massive creature that could rival even the games end game bosses?

It's the giga. ever "k" zoom out while standing by one? most of the creatures on the island are a lot bigger than they seem in first person. Plus its standing upright, which gigas in game do not do, making it seem larger than it really is.

As far as taming it, maybe it can't be tamed in the traditional sense, but it's basically a moving land scape that you can build on as if it were the ground. There could be terf wars on it's back and it just keeps plunking along unaware or unconcerned with the puny parasites that call it's body home.

Just trying to think outside the box ;]

1 hour ago, Perrin Aybara said:

It's the giga. ever "k" zoom out while standing by one? most of the creatures on the island are a lot bigger than they seem in first person. Plus its standing upright, which gigas in game do not do, making it seem larger than it really is.

As far as taming it, maybe it can't be tamed in the traditional sense, but it's basically a moving land scape that you can build on as if it were the ground. There could be terf wars on it's back and it just keeps plunking along unaware or unconcerned with the puny parasites that call it's body home.

Just trying to think outside the box ;]

Well see the humans in the dossier at bottom right? This thing is going to be huge

34 minutes ago, ImpureFrost said:

Well see the humans in the dossier at bottom right? This thing is going to be huge

If the line drawn above the humans is about 2m high, the titanosaurus is about 20m high. The carnivore next to it about 17m high, that is higher than the giganotosaurus' length in total. It has to be another new theropod. Or really a giganotosaurus alpha. The bronto is about 12m high. the Giganotosaurus in its normal stand is about 9m high. Just size comparisons.

That doesn't look too bad, and it's great that the Giganotosaurus is getting a herbivorous equivalent. The fact that it's immune to Torpor but can still be tamed, somehow, has me intrigued. I've never tamed a Brontosaurus or a Paraceratherium, the Platform Saddle has never been something I've found use for, but if you can build entire bases on the Titanosaur's back I might try taming one.

I hope every step shakes the screen so much... Love me some screen shake!

I do like you guys decided to go ahead and have more sauropods, though the Bronto was just fine for me. If its rarity is on par with the giga it should fit on the map alright, i do say with so many creatures it will be interesting to see how the fauna spawn and are spread out to allow at least a few of each dinosaur to be out at any given time. I imagine flying along seeing this and going... when that mountain get put there..?!

1 hour ago, the_british_kiwi said:

yeah thats the sort of landscape i had in mind :)

Gorgonopsid, Scutosaurus, Deinocherius(please for the love of all things holy, DO NOT ADD FREAKIN' CAMELS!), Protoceratops, Pulmoscorpions, Dryosaurus, Paraceratherium, and Allosaurus. That's my dream desert dweller list. :)

And the desert doesn't have to be a literal giant sea of sand dunes. It could be more akin to the sonoran desert or oasis type deal.

Edited by IcedAllosaur

10 hours ago, Solitak said:

How will stones or clubs work against a Titanosaur when tranquilizers are useless?

Tranqs are basically the strongest way to knock out a dinosaur, and it is immune to all of them. They won't even feel a hit from a tiny stone or a wooden club.

narco barries and tranqs are drugs - using a club, or the slingshot is physically beating it into unconsciousness.

they are very different ways to be knocked unconscious. (i can't imagine you'd be happy to go to the hospital for an operation only to be battered around the head instead of injected with anaesthetics)

the question is, how do you keep it unconscious once you've knocked it out. 

15 hours ago, Cenozoic_Eagle said:

But doesn't it attack anything that gets close?

It says its territorial, but I assume that's against Giga's and maybe Bronto's. I can't imagine this behemoth would spare a second glance at something as small as a human, or even be able to discern smaller creatures from its surroundings.

Impossible to know before we get more details though! I like the broad range of speculations about this monster.

Regardless, I would stay away from its feet. *stomp* ;)