Unicorn

RadioActiveMan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Horvath said:

Its a Unicorn yes it is girly the daughter of a friend loves it shes 7 years old ? I never heard of an Adult Male or in generell Adults awesome there is a unicorn.......Its a raptoring horse

I don't think you realize that you're talking to a bunch of adults that are like "ermaigawd a unicorn!" If you're assuming everyone on here is a kid then you can't be any more wrong. Even those who may not like it themselves are trying to get one. My friend was really against them, she too thought it was a stupid idea, but now she won't stop riding hers because it's a trophy dino that only our tribe on the server has found so far and thus it makes it special.

But, really though, nobody is making you tame or use it so what's even the point of coming in here to hate on it?

9 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Nah, its a premium reskinned horse.

Comes with premium extra pain in the arse to find a decent level, and premium hassle to breed (which would be a premium waste of time).

You'll be surprised what people are willing to pay for it, we've got loads bred and selling them for a premium price ;)

On 17/04/2017 at 4:30 PM, sshamm said:

With the mechanic of the Unicorn spawning based on what Jen said, and others reported, I still don't understand the rules of it. All I know is that if on PVE servers the Unicorn is 1 per server, no more spawning if someone owns it, it needs a despawn timer so others can get it. I do like the idea of 1 unicorn on PvP servers though. Gives tribes a reason to raid and destroy. 

I don't think they need any more reasons on PVP to raid and destroy :P

I have caught the one on our server, ok I am female, but this was not the reason, I simply think, it is cool to have the one and only one of this kind. But of course I would like to have the pair, like I have all my creatures in pairs, except the Pegomastax, I just tamed accidentially males:/

5 hours ago, Horvath said:

a megalosaurus is rare too still nobody gives a trex about it.

Megalosaurus aren't as rare as unicorns. Only one unicorn can be tame on a server (well, officialy) but you can tame tons of Megalo if you want ^^ (plus, in The Center you can often see 2 ou 3 of them sleeping on floating island) 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:23 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Unicorn? Nah, it's a reskinned horse

I also don't see what's so special about getting one if it's just a re-skinned horse. Sure it's rare because only one per server, but why search for one if it functions exactly like an equus? No special stats or ability whatsoever. Other than the obvious horn, it doesn't have any unique and useful graphic/cosmetic effect either (i.e. horn isn't glowing at night to be used as a light source, flowers bloom in its trail, etc). 

I'm not trying to discourage people from searching for one. I'm just throwing out things that may make the unicorn more valuable if it had something unique and useful other than making it simply an equus with a horn and different color. This way, it'll have some value in the effort to get one. The way it is now though, that's just not worth the effort to get into fights over.

35 minutes ago, Cronogenvic said:

I also don't see what's so special about getting one if it's just a re-skinned horse. Sure it's rare because only one per server, but why search for one if it functions exactly like an equus? No special stats or ability whatsoever. Other than the obvious horn, it doesn't have any unique and useful graphic/cosmetic effect either (i.e. horn isn't glowing at night to be used as a light source, flowers bloom in its trail, etc). 

I'm not trying to discourage people from searching for one. I'm just throwing out things that may make the unicorn more valuable if it had something unique and useful other than making it simply an equus with a horn and different color. This way, it'll have some value in the effort to get one. The way it is now though, that's just not worth the effort to get into fights over.

It can't be overpowered though since it's in limited numbers. So if that would be the case, it should have a minor bonus or something. Like you said, it could act as a weak re-fertilizer which doesn't grow trees, only small shrubs.

Also I'm pretty sure it's actually weaker than equus since I don't think it can get mutations.

Archived