B1ackunicorn

ARK complaints; fixes, bugs, glitches, suggestions and more

I tried...I really, REALLY tried to like this game, and for the most part, I did. It was pretty fun you know, taming dinos, building things and the like, until then the major glitches came in.

And I mean MAJOR, major glitches, but this ain't gonna be just a massive rant, oohhhh no, I'm gonna list, word for word, what needs to be fixed, what doesn't belong, and what SHOULD be in ARK in order for someone to be proud of dumping money into this, because I will say it here and now, it's not something a sane person would buy in its current state on the xbox one.

Bugs & glitches

1: Host 200m barrier & teleporting. This is a major issue in the fact that it basically is a forced handicap that was slapped on either for some sort of connection problem or something of the like I am guessing, but in reality it is something that downright DESTROYS enjoyment of the game. Whenever I'm hosting a non-dedicated server, I feel like a preschool teacher tugging my toddler friends along on a rope whenever I move too far, having to deal with a stupid barrier that sometimes can even KILL you, like what the actual raptor?? I know it probably takes some working through, but it will be worth it in the end, that I believe all of us who hate this mechanic will agree on for sure.

2: The 'cave trap' bugs and glitches. These are particularly nasty in the way that they could mean everything you do is GONE just by stepping into one of those hell hole--err, I mean, caves. For one, people who log off inside one of these 'caves' will log on, only for their game to CRASH every step of the way, and so far the only solution is to have someone teleport to you via issue #1, inch their way towards you so the game won't crash for BOTH of you, take all your stuff, kill you, and then have you respawn at a bed (if the bed actually wants to work), and this should NOT be the case at all. Caves are a GREAT feature in ark, going inside, getting the rich resources and killing dangerous creatures, but how can I enjoy that when I put myself in a position to want to start a new world just by entering one?

3: Tame tracking. This one is pretty annoying in my opinion, especially when your game decides to save midair while you're on a mount, causing you to die and basically lose that mount if you're out in some alien landscape and no one you know is willing to come by and help out make a bed, if that actually chooses to work aswell, and I get the transponder node thing, I do, but I shouldn't need that in something like this, where tames can wonder, get attacked by other creatures and lots more, it's simply a hassle to find them and even MORE of just a plain waste of time if you find them either dead or just straight up gone.

Suggestions

This right here is mostly going to just be a list of things that I feel would benefit ARK a bit just for them to well, exist, and might even make some of the other bugs not even worth bothering if done right.

1: More modifications to non-dedicated servers. Alright I have to admit, that the amount of things you can tweak in a dedicated or non-dedicated server is pretty flippin' awesome, being able to make gathering items faster, taking zero damage (or DOING zero damage) from or to dinos, tweaking how status affects work and so on, and that is amazing that you can pretty much make your own world just as you want things to work, but even then, there are some things that should still be added. For example, I can up player damage, but why can't I turn off players being able to damage eachother? Or better yet, considering it's the reason I'm typing this, why can't I make fall damage nonexistent, or changing spawn rates for different animals? There are some others that I currently can't think of but adding more specifications to better the experience would be wonderful.

2: Giving the choice to TOGGLE AUTO SAVING. THIS, THIS right here is another part of the reason why I am typing this as it basically ruined my ARK experience, especially where I was saved. Okay, so this is excactly what happened:

I was going around, searching for kangaroos in the snow biome with my friend, when we stumbled upon a cave. So, I land my quetzal right by the entrance and try to enter, but my friend gets teleported onto me, thus we are basically stuck on eachother thanks to the cave needing us to crouch to get inside for some reason I still don't know, and so I exit the game by just closing it down entirely, and when I come back, that game saves me when I was ON MY QUETZAL, IN THE AIR. Worst part? I couldn't even have the kindness of being still mounted, so instead I fall to my death, lose everything I have and I am still trying to think of a smart way to fix this until people stop turning a blind eye towards it without end, so I don't really think I'll be playing ARK until something like mentioned in suggestion #1 comes to play.

3: Less additions, MORE SUBTRACTIONS!! This is my final suggestion seeing all the things that are blighting this game, and basically all I am saying is to stop worrying about adding more animals and craftables, and fix the actual game itself! So far this alpha has been the same since I got it in december, with nothing more but some extra animals like always, and ZERO noticable fixes, and if there IS fixes, why don't you give xbox users some kind of patch notes when we enter the game, because seeing someone put "aswell as many fixes!" is alot less convincing than an actual page that list what fixes are spoken of.

If I were to rate ARK without the glitches, bugs and other inconveniences, it would be something like a 9/10 or even a perfect score, but seeing that little is being done to actually FIX anything rather than simply saying "Oh hey, GUYS, GUYS GUYS, here, look away from the broken software, there's some sarcos with sails pasted on their backs!", I think there needs to be more focus on fixing the game, and less on adding to it, after all, people say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Well there's something that is quite obvious here on xbox:

ARK is broke. Fix it.

The game has a 200m radius in non dedicated servers because the Xbox one isn't powerful enough to both play the game and host an entire island.

And of course the game is broken, it isn't scheduled for release until like 5 months from now.  You're reviewing the game like its finished lol

Edited by Deezenutz

35 minutes ago, B1ackunicorn said:

3: Less additions, MORE SUBTRACTIONS!! This is my final suggestion seeing all the things that are blighting this game, and basically all I am saying is to stop worrying about adding more animals and craftables, and fix the actual game itself! So far this alpha has been the same since I got it in december, with nothing more but some extra animals like always, and ZERO noticable fixes, and if there IS fixes, why don't you give xbox users some kind of patch notes when we enter the game, because seeing someone put "aswell as many fixes!" is alot less convincing than an actual page that list what fixes are spoken of.

If I were to rate ARK without the glitches, bugs and other inconveniences, it would be something like a 9/10 or even a perfect score, but seeing that little is being done to actually FIX anything rather than simply saying "Oh hey, GUYS, GUYS GUYS, here, look away from the broken software, there's some sarcos with sails pasted on their backs!", I think there needs to be more focus on fixing the game, and less on adding to it, after all, people say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Well there's something that is quite obvious here on xbox:

ARK is broke. Fix it.

Wildcard studios is a small company with like 50 employees.  Not all those employees can code, or program and what not.  There are artists and animators, PR people, and probably receptionists.  So im sure the people who can fix glitches and bugs or make a queue system for xbox will get on it when they can.  It does no good having their entire workforce get on bug fixes if only a fraction know how.  So they are going to work on what they know how to do, artists and animators making new dinos for instance.  So bug fixes and new features coming out alongside each other is just going to happen. Not to mention they have to split employees attention to more than one platform.  

Game Preview Note: This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time and may not release as a final product. Please purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game.

14 hours ago, B1ackunicorn said:

1: Host 200m barrier & teleporting. This is a major issue in the fact that it basically is a forced handicap that was slapped on either for some sort of connection problem or something of the like I am guessing, but in reality it is something that downright DESTROYS enjoyment of the game. Whenever I'm hosting a non-dedicated server, I feel like a preschool teacher tugging my toddler friends along on a rope whenever I move too far, having to deal with a stupid barrier that sometimes can even KILL you, like what the actual raptor?? I know it probably takes some working through, but it will be worth it in the end, that I believe all of us who hate this mechanic will agree on for sure.

The tether was put in place, do to the X1 not being able to handle all the server computations plus four different renders...with a tether there is only one render

FIX - stop playing SP/Tethered on a non-dedicated server  (Without the external server to manage everything, the X1 really struggles)

Types of Servers

Official Servers - These are servers which are provided by Studio Wildcard and will always remain up to date and be online! They will run the game with its vanilla settings for the most part and will generally be the first place to receive the latest updates. 

Player Dedicated Servers - These are dedicated servers which are hosted by players, currently they require a second xbox to host and play on at the same time. Similarly to dedicated servers, the reason players will opt for these is due to the continuous up time and the large amount of players it can hold. However, keep in mind that if these servers were to go offline due to the fact that the host no longer wants to use their xbox as a Dedicated Machine, or they're unable to host temporarily, the servers will go offline and you will lose access to your characters.

Non Dedicated Servers - These are servers which are used to play to encourage co-op. Due to the fact that you'll be able to host a server and play at the same time, there is a limit on how far survivors can travel from one another. Currently this is set to 200M, as well as a limit on the amount of players that can be online at once, which is the host + 3. With further optimization we may be able to increase these limits but only time will tell for now.

2: The 'cave trap' bugs and glitches. These are particularly nasty in the way that they could mean everything you do is GONE just by stepping into one of those hell hole--err, I mean, caves. For one, people who log off inside one of these 'caves' will log on, only for their game to CRASH every step of the way, and so far the only solution is to have someone teleport to you via issue #1, inch their way towards you so the game won't crash for BOTH of you, take all your stuff, kill you, and then have you respawn at a bed (if the bed actually wants to work), and this should NOT be the case at all. Caves are a GREAT feature in ark, going inside, getting the rich resources and killing dangerous creatures, but how can I enjoy that when I put myself in a position to want to start a new world just by entering one?

FIX -- Do not  go into caves (Until its patched), or enter cave slowly and stop as soon as it says loading....and wait for it to load. Same on exit. I Personally have NEVER had a issue and i've called the broodmother twice. (Means i've entered  and exited at least 10 times)

3: Tame tracking. This one is pretty annoying in my opinion, especially when your game decides to save midair while you're on a mount, causing you to die and basically lose that mount if you're out in some alien landscape and no one you know is willing to come by and help out make a bed, if that actually chooses to work aswell, and I get the transponder node thing, I do, but I shouldn't need that in something like this, where tames can wonder, get attacked by other creatures and lots more, it's simply a hassle to find them and even MORE of just a plain waste of time if you find them either dead or just straight up gone.

FIX --- Real easy here ....USE A TRANSPONDER NODE  That's what their for.... (I even track high level dinos i want t tame, so i can find them again.)

FYI --- PATCH NOTES are always posted here..... and a simple goggle search will provide the whole change log.

Edited by LostBytes
Additional info....

20 hours ago, Melkor said:

Wildcard studios is a small company with like 50 employees.  Not all those employees can code, or program and what not.  There are artists and animators, PR people, and probably receptionists.  So im sure the people who can fix glitches and bugs or make a queue system for xbox will get on it when they can.  It does no good having their entire workforce get on bug fixes if only a fraction know how.  So they are going to work on what they know how to do, artists and animators making new dinos for instance.  So bug fixes and new features coming out alongside each other is just going to happen. Not to mention they have to split employees attention to more than one platform.  

Understandable, think I wasn't thinking too much onto the actual facts at the time, thank you for atleast clearing that up!

On 1/20/2016 at 8:27 PM, Deezenutz said:

The game has a 200m radius in non dedicated servers because the Xbox one isn't powerful enough to both play the game and host an entire island.

And of course the game is broken, it isn't scheduled for release until like 5 months from now.  You're reviewing the game like its finished lol

That first part makes alot of sense now that I think about it. And I put below that I didn't want to address the game as if it was a final product, think the rage just over back then XD! Still, I just find it wierd that they'd sell something that was incomplete, that's just me doh.

1 hour ago, B1ackunicorn said:

Still, I just find it wierd that they'd sell something that was incomplete, that's just me doh.

This happens all the time. It is the easiest way to find bugs, glitches and problems with the overall game. Would you rather pay 20 people to test the game and MAYBE find the bugs and glitches or release an unfinished product so the fan base can play, test, and come up with ideas of what the game needs or doesn't need so they can be implemented and fixed..

Sounds like a no brainer to me :) 

edit: Think about it this way. When the game releases you basically received a 50% discount by purchasing early

Edited by Sn1per0

i do love this game BUT something's are bugging me now in the last few weeks the games been kicking me out of it and then i started my own server in single player and after a few months on working on everything tame's and building a epic base it just kicked me out and deleted all my data on the map the center like i know this is a work in progress game just pisses ya off when u do all that work

I enjoyed ark until they bring out add ons that make early game hell and late game easier. So why should we have to wait 3-4 hours to tame a low level harvest animal for it to be killed? Why is the harvest rate and other stats so low making getting into the game a pain? Why did they decrease the 2x multiplier and it should be 3x so that people stand a chance against alpha tribes.

Hell o,

Do not look directly at the bugs. Work around it.

WC are aware of these things and will eventually fix them, example the caves with lost bags, auto-decay destruction and disconnects.

I know that they are working on more important issues until they get to above mentioned issues.

My friends are basically waiting for one issue to be handled and until that time it is just to wait for official new server game play.

Regards,

Ariana Marcus Sara and Ida

Not as much as a complaint as a recommendation. my girlfriend and iwent out and bought this 2 copies of this game we decided to hang it up for a little bit because we was late to join decided to reboot and try it again and still the same thing that was happening before there are no places for any newer people like myself and my girlfriend to build because your servers are overloaded you need to make some new servers for the existing servers that are 3000+ days old  and stop focusing all your time into your DLCs. I quite enjoy the game as does my girlfriend in a couple of our other friend but we refused to play it anymore because there is no space for us to do anything because there are too many big bases all over the map. So please take it into mind on making some new servers especially considering those who are late getting the game and cannot find anywhere to call home in it. at this particular moment I would not purchase another wild card game or recommend this game to others due to this one reason that unless you bought it early release you can't get anywhere in the game. hope you can fix this issue thank you very much.

9 hours ago, UncagedArmy said:

Not as much as a complaint as a recommendation. my girlfriend and iwent out and bought this 2 copies of this game we decided to hang it up for a little bit because we was late to join decided to reboot and try it again and still the same thing that was happening before there are no places for any newer people like myself and my girlfriend to build because your servers are overloaded you need to make some new servers for the existing servers that are 3000+ days old  and stop focusing all your time into your DLCs. I quite enjoy the game as does my girlfriend in a couple of our other friend but we refused to play it anymore because there is no space for us to do anything because there are too many big bases all over the map. So please take it into mind on making some new servers especially considering those who are late getting the game and cannot find anywhere to call home in it. at this particular moment I would not purchase another wild card game or recommend this game to others due to this one reason that unless you bought it early release you can't get anywhere in the game. hope you can fix this issue thank you very much.

You could always try a Private server, I'm sure there are people with tons of room!

After all this time, supported both PC and Xbox since Alpha, given them so much time to sort out the play of this game, yet it still plays like its in Alpha, constant micro stutters, specially when your away from the shoreline (trees all round) panning becomes horrid, constant 1 second pauses when getting on/off the dinos, or going into the inventory,  i keep putting this game down for months at a time hoping i will come back to it to find its playing better, but if anything i feel its getting worse, 

Ive done 2 clean installs, have the game running on a external HDD, ive got a after market cooling device fitted to my xbox, new character, new save, yet it plays like ive got 1 million items placed or in a hugely built up area online,

Sad thing is i play single player with no builds done apart from 1 raft built up...

• Like 1

So I got some questions, statements, and thoughts. Questions: Are there forum moderators? If so, do they have any connection to wildcard or the ark team or are they kind of publicly elected? Does ark read these forums? Do they reply to questions like these?  Statements or observations: Ark needs fixes not more content. Everybody agrees with that and literally its sad that that probably sounds clichet because its used so much. I sometimes crash 5 times before being able to load in properly and play the game. That is on a server with 5 people max at a time. Only one of my friends bought Abberation with me. The others complained about how bad the game runs and refused to buy it. I also just want to say that I absolutely love ark and I probably will continue to play it but my friends won't because of all of the problems it has that are not being fixed. Also, I watched a youtube video and this guy literally subtly laid out a conspiracy theory about ark devs trying to ruin and waste peoples lives. It actually made a lot of sense and fit the bill so to speak. Not saying I believe the theory it was completely ridiculous but still. SO that's kind of a problem. 

Edited by HJFizzlebog

The forums are moderated. Most of the mods are volunteers selected by the WC staff team, though WC staff also have mod. 

Community mods are regulars here, Wildcard does read the forums, and WC employees occosianily post and reply. 

I can't speak to the state of the game because I haven't played it in almost half a year. 

• Thanks 1

Is there anything anyone can do about the pillar spamming?  It has me and my husband debating on whether or not we want to continue trying to play.

We've put in over 200 hours game time easy and every time we find a decent server we get kicked and when trying to go back into the game a pop up says "This room does not exist"

How can we enjoy a game if we can't even play it for more than two nights without having to restart after leaving everything?

I would like to see the lighting effects fixed on Aberration, some areas can suddenly flash really bright which could set off a seizure. Also a fix for dinos disappearing under the floor and also raptors spawning inside buildings. Other than that i'm quite happy with latest update as i don't play on any of the official servers so most problems can be fixed with a spawn in :)