Question: Equus x Unicorn Breeding

Cymas

Yea, I found another video of someone breeding Unicorns. They give a mate bonus too. It seems that they are a separate species of sorts (which is cool).

Jen said it's "One per server period"... That's not what the video that Harrist14 says.
Edit-

Just thought, unicorn color mutations! OMG... I want to breed a Black Unicorn!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Yes, but it would be weird if there were a mod to spawn multiple unicorns lol. 

Question is also what would happen if someone brought a 2nd one.. Would one randomly disappear at restart?
Probably shouldn't even say it here, but that would be one mean way to troll those on official that have one...

1 wild would make more sense that way, but then again, 3 tamed titans on our server are blocking new to spawn so I guess we need more data still.

That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping since they're both equines they could interbreed, with maybe a very small chance of producing a unicorn. Thanks for testing @Gilgamesh908 :) Appreciate it. One mystery of the Ark solved.

I suppose the multiple unicorn mystery could potentially be solved on SP by finding or spawning and force taming one, then repeatedly wiping wild animals until another one spawns. I will attempt to verify this myself either Friday or sometime during the weekend.

1 minute ago, Cymas said:

That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping since they're both equines they could interbreed, with maybe a very small chance of producing a unicorn. Thanks for testing @Gilgamesh908 :) Appreciate it. One mystery of the Ark solved.

I suppose the multiple unicorn mystery could potentially be solved on SP by finding or spawning and force taming one, then repeatedly wiping wild animals until another one spawns. I will attempt to verify this myself either Friday or sometime during the weekend.

We have multiple unicorns on an unofficial server. There is only one wild one at a time. At this time it is uncertain if you can get a mutation. 

10 hours ago, Cymas said:

Ok, so it is just one wild one at a time? Jen's tweet has made things very ambiguous. I wonder if they intended to only have one per server but whatever setting the spawn is on simply isn't working...in that case hoard all the unicorns lol. Will be glad to know I can still hunt for an elusive 150 at some point.

I'm pretty sure her tweet was very clear, it says that taming a unicorn prevents wild unicorns from spawning.

That is the crux of the current thread debate right now. Her tweet is clear, but practical results reported by other players in this very thread runs contrary to what she said. Hence, it is now ambiguous. Does it or does it not? Multiple people are reporting more than one unicorn per server. True, some of them may be spawned or transferred/uploaded, but I cannot verify for myself. Hence the need for testing.

Archived