Will You Look At The Size Of That?!

y0himba

Hello.  I am an ARK player with near 4000 hours, I have been here since day one. I love the game, and it's bugs.  I lurk as I am not often put out enough by changes to the game to need to post.

There is one thing that has bothered me, and started bothered me more now that I, as a solo player, started to upgrade my bases and devices.

The ENORMOUS size of some of the objects in game.

As a solo player I don't build a huge base. I don't need it, just a waste with nothing to decorate it. However, the Tek Replicator, the industrial forge, the industrial grinder, they are all HUGE!  I find my bases getting larger and larger to accommodate them. 

Is it possible to maybe scale them down to fit in a smaller space?  Possibly add server side object scaling per buildable device? Maybe a scale option on holding 'E' on the object in the inventory?  Ideally to fit them right next to the various tables we build. Any reduction in size is welcome, as long as it is noticeable.

Beg.  Plead. Please?

Sincerely,

Happy ARK Player.

1 hour ago, Majic said:

The Inevitable Solution: The Tek Miniaturizer

The Pitch: The Tek Miniaturizer will be able to produce smaller structures for an increased material cost.

The Catch: The Tek Miniaturizer will be 8 squares x 16 squares by 12 squares in size. :P

The Pitch:  GREAT idea.

The Catch: Probably :D

Seriously though, anyone else on board with making these things smaller?  Any other solo players out there?  The grinding, time and effort put into a huge base for a solo player is just ridiculous. Some of us have jobs! :P

I'm playing solo tribe too and would like tek replicator/ind forge to be 1/2 of their current size like devs did with vaults.

but as for the grinder I think it is almost good, could be 2/3 of it's current size, 1/2 would be too small.

also I don't know is it in game but from what I saw for tek telepoter it is huge too and that's good for large pets but I would like to have a smaller version which can fit 1-3 humans to move between my base and outposts/forge

i would be fine with a smaller TEK structure that is a mixture of the various industrial structures like grinder/chem bench/cooker/grill/forge with like 600 slots and being the size of 1x1x1 approx. but it would need to be really, REALLY expensive. keep the indy structures the way they are. they are industrial machines and should look like that :)  

Are you playing on official or SP/unofficial ? 

There are mods that reduce sizes (ind forge for example). 

Otherwise, if you play on official, is there a necessity to have some of those items ''inside'' ? 

You could place your ind forge on a 4x4 foundations base without putting walls and ceilings around it. Could even allow neighbors to use it when they need it (pin code or leave unlocked). 

I guess another idea could be to add some lesser versions of those machines. The grinder for example can stay this big for ''industrial'' version that gives the maximum amount of ressources back while grinding. Or have a lower tech version that is smaller but also gives a bit less ressources back. 

Same with forge, there is the normal forge and the industrial one. Make a mid-pack version that functions like the industrial forge (uses gasoline to operate) but still allows for a great number of slots (so advantage vs normal forge) but works slower (disadvantage compared to ind forge). 

Archived