Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2!

TheRightHand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NEWMFIN said:

Pretty sad classic flyers is at 38000 sub and climbing and the devs dont see it as a problem. SMH 

My understanding is that this classic flyer mod is for the private server, yes? if so, then if each private server supports 100 players.., then that means there is potentially 3800000 players that are using the classic flyer mod.

nerfing fliers will make PvE a depressing game of slowpokes. Imagine when you needed extra narcotics and cant rush back in time dinos like giga waking up after 2-3 hours of taming is a pain. We dun really care about PvP seriously. But spare a thought for the casual players at least and dun tell me its supposed to be balanced cos i am a producer myself.

19 minutes ago, Juancho310 said:

My understanding is that this classic flyer mod is for the private server, yes? if so, then if each private server supports 100 players.., then that means there is potentially 3800000 players that are using the classic flyer mod.

The 38000 number is the number of players subscribed, not the number of servers.  If you visit a server that has a mod installed you as a player are automatically subscribed to that mod also.

I have been waiting patiently, you guys ruined the game you did not do any user acceptance testing the spreadsheet  "improvement" is a joke you need to allow your user base to vote and respond accordingly your PVE crowd overwelmingly wants tpo be able to put points into speed on flyers and breed fast fliers so make a option between pvp fliers and pve. Fix your bugs such as infinite weight on the quetz platform , fliers were balanced before maybe not on pvp but no one on pve had complaints . I l;ike playing official but you ruined it for me and my children . we spent thousands of hours taming and breeding and imprinting and you pissed all over that

your suggested fix is so far too little too late my kids dont even want to play the game anymore. here I am logging in to feed the dinos and fly between bases hoping you will take your heads out of your asses

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Juancho310 said:

Your understanding is right, but your math is wrong. Subscribing to a mod is on a per player basis, not per server. 38k subscriptions means 38k players have it, and if we were to make use of your math of 1 server = 100 players then that means 380 servers make use of the mod. Truthfully though it could be more or it could be less due to the fact that not all servers have 100 players as a cap, and single player sessions also require subscription to mods.

Is this Flyer Nerf even on the Agenda Devs?
Lemme See Your Patch Notes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v256.29

A Little Further Out:
- New TEK Cave & Cyclical Active Volcano
- New Structure: Dynamic-Length Bridges

- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- "Ascension" Game Progression, "Boss Wars" 
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf 
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
[MORE NOTES TO COME

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Version: v256.29

* Fixed resource issue. Server Upgrade Highly Recommended!
* Fixed issue where Armour rating was not being displayed on Icon. Now also shows % Damage, and Element has been changed to a % for cleaner view.
* Fixed issue where Blueprints and engrams did not show crafting progress outside of crafting queue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd think that "A Little Further Out:" Would include "Flyer Buffs" Seeing as how this seems to be a major Issue and All.

I see nothing about Flyers. Flyers should be your number one concern right now, seeing as how big of an issue this has caused.

Put a Hold on Adding New things, and Focus on Game Balance~! Especially right now Flyer Balance~!

Maybe you need a "Working On" or "In Progress" section in the Patch Notes Forum

50 minutes ago, Juancho310 said:

No, when you connect to a server with the mod you are automatically subscribed to it. The server is not. So the subscription numbers for the mod are all players who are subscribed to it. 

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Your understanding is right, but your math is wrong. Subscribing to a mod is on a per player basis, not per server. 38k subscriptions means 38k players have it, and if we were to make use of your math of 1 server = 100 players then that means 380 servers make use of the mod. Truthfully though it could be more or it could be less due to the fact that not all servers have 100 players as a cap, and single player sessions also require subscription to mods.

What it really means it's that about roughly 1/3rd of Ark players are subscribed to the mod.

@Valentinez

I hope for the love of god they don't put "flyer buffs'' in the "A Little Further Out'' category. 9 out of 10 items there are 1 year or older. 

I find the suggested roles to be in line with what I expected. For now we are having  to tackle again the land dinos and it has been fun. The flyers feel really slow, but I am giving more time to get accustomed to it or will point out. I am glad to see that the Quetzal and Wyvern are getting a buff on the next pass, they really seemed to be impacted the most.

Thanks for the centralized post. Cheers! 

I realize this change was done with a purpose in mind, but it seems malicious and cruel to impose balancing of pvp on pve they are played so differently and so vastly apart can you really even consider it the same game?  Player habits, goals, aspirations are all different. Best route to prevent this is communicate with your players, actually try the changes you make before you implement them. I don't know how you thought this was ok, and for the love of all common sense. Completely separate values, stats, engrsms and mechanics of pve and pvp. You have two separate communities and it's wrong to force them both into the same bubble.  

I greatly appreciate the right hand for coming out and talking to us. As a consumer and a fan and player of the game this makes me happy. But enough is enough. If you're going to trivialize dinos and their worth, then you're gonna have to do the same for how much time it takes to raise them, how much time it takes to tame. You can't just go around and turn people's hard work into poop in their hands. 

This may have taken attending away from other issues but we haven't forgotten land Dino nerfs, the fact that you made a boat sinking fish, made underwater travel and battling a hundred times more dangerous you realize we still drown in a scuba suit if we d/c right?  I'm seeing the biggest cluster of negative I've ever seen this game right now is in development hell. The right hand we are going to need more of that communicating. And while I hate these changes and question WC senses and such I wish no ill will on any of you. You've made a wonderful game, please just fix it for us, ok?  

If I may make a suggestion for huge things like this, make actual servers for this kind of testing or make it a week event to see how it goes, add special boosts or bonuses while you're running these tests and promise it being temporary while you get your figures and feedback. 

Thanks guys

-McLeach

52 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Flyer buff is suppose to be today according to the thread. Any news on that?????

On 4/3/2017 at 10:34 PM, Maxanto said:

Right Hand..I just want to point out a mod to you guys.. and in 3 days it has 21k subscribers...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895711211

That's right 21k people think your changes are absolute poop. I am one of that 21K. The fact that you are still humoring this idea proves what I thought all along about WC.

21K Isn't even a quarter of the player base, try again?

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Khadez said:

Flyer buff is suppose to be today according to the thread. Any news on that?????

On 4/3/2017 at 10:01 PM, TheRightHand said:

*Wildcard Times are subject to change or horrible inaccuracies.

That's still the word for it, unfortunately.

Flyers all need ground attacks. The Tapejara and Wyvern have them but the others do not. This way when they are low on stamina they can still do a attack to keep predators away while they are on the ground. Like with the Quetz Give it a standard taunt like the Tapejara where it bluffs with it's wings. Or it can bite while on the ground or give it the ability to slap predators with its wings like a angry goose. Oh no a raptor is a attacking me on my right. Wing slap that sucker. It doesn't have to be a strong attack but just high knock back.

1 minute ago, Magesw said:

So a server adds it to their mods and forces players who play on that server to download it? Not really an accurate poll as to it's popularity now is it?

I don't play on a server unless I like/agree with their mod choices.  There are enough servers that one can pick and choose where they play.  The basic message is that a significant number of players have chosen to play on servers with this mod because they don't like the flying nerf.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived