Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2!

TheRightHand

26 minutes ago, Twin said:

@TheRightHand  You stated that our opinions are being taken into account.  Please let us know a simple number.  How many pro nerf comments have their been in the two threads so far and how many comments are unhappy with the nerf?

Exactly, I guarantee there are more people unhappy with the nerf. And in one of the dev's posts they said they were changing it to make it in line with their vision of the game. What about ours? I mean we are the ones that pay for it and play it constantly. I have almost 2000 hours in the game, thats probably as high as its gonna get until you unbreak the flyers. The Quetz's NEED to be faster, I mean it would be faster to run on the ground. But when im doing a metal run from the volcano back to my place in the south, thats not exactly practical......

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CzechShark said:

PvE players do not want to hold "W" to fly to their base with resources for 45minutes! PvE players want to build beautiful structures and raise babies.

Why nerf PvE? We for the most part log into our servers to hang out with friends and build as we please. Then when we feel like it jump on our Thylo's and explore the map, or jump on our OPed wolves and kill the caves :)

If PvP is the problem why not nerf Quetz to 100HP that works for me if i got my SPEEEED!

I am 100% behind your every though, complete agree. The fact that this issue was generated without a large population of the players knows about is a gigantic problem. What happened to the voting system? All I heard about is that there were 700 out of 7000 players voted to nerf the fliers, I don't even know where this number comes from, did I missed something before that last big update? Why non of my friends know about this? Are we not each paid our money for this game (even extra for Scorched Earth), so what happened to OUR opinion?

Am I mad? Am I frustrate? Hell yeah I am, this thing make my effort to boost a speeding Quetz go to waste.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, Volcano637 said:

The nerf was a good idea 

making the quetz retardly slow kills this game in terms of farming...im a farming I farm resources for my tribe n this just makes me not want to play cuz I go soooooooo slow for lil gain.

When I move as if I have full weight n I have nothing in my inventory......that's just wrong stupid bad w\e. God only knows how bad it will be with a full inventory.....

2 hours ago, Tcrgametester said:

TOTAL FRICKING AGREEMENT WITH YOU ON THIS ONE.  I ONLY LIKE TO TAKE ABOUT 2 DINOS, BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY GETTING STUCK ON EVERYTHING.  FIND MY T-REX STUCK ON A TINY ROCK AND JUST DANCING STUCK ON A ROCK THAT IS ABOUT 2 FEET TALL.

this should say it all (sorry, I forgot to grab the capture sound)

Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2

Hello "TheRightHand",

First, I have played both PvP and PvE and prefer PvE for simple reasons, I enjoy building my base, and my dino strength without having to worry about coming in to find everything gone and needing to start from scratch.  That being said, I do understand the PvP game and that part of the game, has its own needs and trends in play.  In the last two years, and over several servers both official and unofficial, I have never seen anyone living on a Quetz, much less staying airborne all the time.  As to the safety of the air, well that can be said about metal bases, rafts (before this last big update) and other things.  Also, lower level players need a way to explore and enjoy the game in some safety, like flying overland and landing only in fairly safe spots or using rafts to explore and harvest, thus gaining experience to move farther inland to higher risk areas. 

Second, PvP and PvE need to be treated differently; each has its own needs.  There appears to be a lazy design trend that when a change is made to the PvP game that same change is put into the PvE game, even if it's not needed or appropriate for PvE.  This should never happen and needs to change, unless the development team does not value its PvE players, then I guess we don't matter.

Third, since it appears someone plans to read these posts, I would like to include some long time complaints.  The Quality Control (QC) for this game is lacking.  Often it appears that basic Alpha testing was not done, much less Beta testing.  I can understand having us, the players involved in the Beta testing, but to do that you need to have a testing form easily available on the splash screen.  Then when players find a bug it can then be submitted by, including screen shots and steps so your development team can recreate the bug and hopefully fix it.  If you find some players give complete and easily followed steps to find and fix the bugs they find, you could promote them to volunteer QC players and give them access to a site where their bug reports get seen and addressed quicker.  There should also be a suggestion form on the splash screen, so you can hear from us, the players without having to look on multiple websites and the players know that they are heard.  Communication is the key..!

The Update….

Your post addresses each flier and its role in the game for PvP specifically; however these changes were also made in the PvE game for no stated reason. From my perspective (on four PvE servers currently), not one friend or tribe mate I've spoken to has said they felt the changes were beneficial to the game play, all are upset and frustrated with ARK and its development for the PvE side.  We feel ignored and devalued as part of the ARK experience. This update has made parts of the game not only extremely difficult but possibly impossible to utilize, an example is Wyvern egg collection or the raising of Wyvern's since we can no longer harvest the milk needed.  Previously this was possible once you reached a high enough level to build the needed structures etc, but now it just isn't doable.

Basically we are all in limbo, waiting for our game to resume and keeping the dino's we have alive.  Many players are so frustrated with ARK that they don't feel taking the time out of their day to express their feelings will help or be valued and so plan to just give up and move to other games, if they don't see a major change in the PvE side back to what was working. 

It's difficult to tell new players that LAG won't be fixed (LOL) that has been a complaint since I started playing nearly two years ago, and yet, I know it's actually better, and the stability of the servers is much better.  I have seen some very good changes, but this was NOT one of the better changes.  Often we don't like the changes but we can deal with them, and understand we don't always get what we want or like.  However this ignoring PvE and making changes solely based on the PvP game is lazy and wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Twin said:

Actually it's a pretty simple number as in 15% pro 85% against.  You just read through the comments and have two counters.  Lets say we'll call one counter for and the other counter against.  If you read a for comment you advance that counter.  If you read an against counter you advance that one.  When you are finished you add the two numbers and figure out the percentage of each.

right then mate  you start counting now and ill chat to you about it next week

8 minutes ago, kak said:

There is no patch, devs think this is a non issue while the playerbase quits the game.

Maybe they want the players to quit to free up servers for their "release" or not even that. Look at the whole transfer thing. They did that so mega tribes could wipe servers to free them up. What if the devs were funding some mega tribes to wipe servers???

7 minutes ago, Paronyx said:

Maybe they want the players to quit to free up servers for their "release" or not even that. Look at the whole transfer thing. They did that so mega tribes could wipe servers to free them up. What if the devs were funding some mega tribes to wipe servers???

Let the conspiracy theories loose :D

You can only apply the "classic flyers" mod to unofficial servers, so maybe the flyer nerf is to push everyone off of the "official servers are the place to play" mindset and get the majority of people onto the unofficial servers where they want them.

Here's my take on a typical, kill everyone, PVP'er. I log in, I am still geared, and okay. Someone goes by on dino, get a dino go kill them. They are on a flying dino, now to get on mine, and try to kill them. They are too fast, need to find somewhere to complain. The forums, complain that flyers are too fast, need to get them nerfed. The devs listen to them, nerf the flyers, the pvp'ers are now happy they can kill each other faster.

Another thing, and I am not happy about because I don't know if they are hacking, or not, to me they might be. Anyone speaking in those box things only, maybe trying to hack things. That needs to be looked into.

Want to know what I think of the nerf and going back to using land dinos to do things? Wild gigas.  A wild giga will kill most dinos without breaking a sweat. The few that would survive at least the first couple, three, bites, are still dead shortly after their armor is gone. So, want us to go on land? Do three things. One, nerf the wild gigas. Two, make the pathing of tamed dino ai's better, so they don't get stuck on a rock that is 2 inches tall, and can't get around it. Three, reduce the aggro range on all land carnivores to something manageable. Between the pathing, and carnivore's, you will spend far more time just going back and freeing a trapped dino, or killing a wild carnivore, than you will in getting from point a to point b, doing whatever you were doing there, then back again, than you would on a flyer. We don't have weeks to spend, in game, or real life, to do this mess, either fix the flyers, or fix the land dino pathing, etc. And for the love of the children, nerf, severally, wild gigas.

23 minutes ago, Lizybeth said:

Re-balancing the Fliers, Mk. 2

Hello "TheRightHand",

First, I have played both PvP and PvE and prefer PvE for simple reasons, I enjoy building my base, and my dino strength without having to worry about coming in to find everything gone and needing to start from scratch.  That being said, I do understand the PvP game and that part of the game, has its own needs and trends in play.  In the last two years, and over several servers both official and unofficial, I have never seen anyone living on a Quetz, much less staying airborne all the time.  As to the safety of the air, well that can be said about metal bases, rafts (before this last big update) and other things.  Also, lower level players need a way to explore and enjoy the game in some safety, like flying overland and landing only in fairly safe spots or using rafts to explore and harvest, thus gaining experience to move farther inland to higher risk areas. 

Second, PvP and PvE need to be treated differently; each has its own needs.  There appears to be a lazy design trend that when a change is made to the PvP game that same change is put into the PvE game, even if it's not needed or appropriate for PvE.  This should never happen and needs to change, unless the development team does not value its PvE players, then I guess we don't matter.

Third, since it appears someone plans to read these posts, I would like to include some long time complaints.  The Quality Control (QC) for this game is lacking.  Often it appears that basic Alpha testing was not done, much less Beta testing.  I can understand having us, the players involved in the Beta testing, but to do that you need to have a testing form easily available on the splash screen.  Then when players find a bug it can then be submitted by, including screen shots and steps so your development team can recreate the bug and hopefully fix it.  If you find some players give complete and easily followed steps to find and fix the bugs they find, you could promote them to volunteer QC players and give them access to a site where their bug reports get seen and addressed quicker.  There should also be a suggestion form on the splash screen, so you can hear from us, the players without having to look on multiple websites and the players know that they are heard.  Communication is the key..!

The Update….

Your post addresses each flier and its role in the game for PvP specifically; however these changes were also made in the PvE game for no stated reason. From my perspective (on four PvE servers currently), not one friend or tribe mate I've spoken to has said they felt the changes were beneficial to the game play, all are upset and frustrated with ARK and its development for the PvE side.  We feel ignored and devalued as part of the ARK experience. This update has made parts of the game not only extremely difficult but possibly impossible to utilize, an example is Wyvern egg collection or the raising of Wyvern's since we can no longer harvest the milk needed.  Previously this was possible once you reached a high enough level to build the needed structures etc, but now it just isn't doable.

Basically we are all in limbo, waiting for our game to resume and keeping the dino's we have alive.  Many players are so frustrated with ARK that they don't feel taking the time out of their day to express their feelings will help or be valued and so plan to just give up and move to other games, if they don't see a major change in the PvE side back to what was working. 

It's difficult to tell new players that LAG won't be fixed (LOL) that has been a complaint since I started playing nearly two years ago, and yet, I know it's actually better, and the stability of the servers is much better.  I have seen some very good changes, but this was NOT one of the better changes.  Often we don't like the changes but we can deal with them, and understand we don't always get what we want or like.  However this ignoring PvE and making changes solely based on the PvP game is lazy and wrong. 

Best feedback ever. As a PvE player (started on PvP) I support this post 100%.

The moth needs love.

It was not used at all pre patch except for random inner base travel.

Its slow has crappy stamina and has no physical attack and it cant pick.

No new player even bothers with them because pelagornis and ptera are better options by far. So please dont use that excuse. It made sense when SE was locked out of the rest of the servers but not any more.

The special attack especially with this balance will be useful but imo the moth should stand out in stamina it has large wings for floating and gliding afterall.

At least then if its on par or even slightly better than argent weight, stamina and speed wise people might decide to take one out over argent and in pvp you might want one or two on your side to bomb enemies.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived