Where to live?

s3aHaWKS

What server do you play on? 

I played on a server where I built a 1x2 base and kept it for several days/weeks - but any attempt to move forward from that resulted in destruction until finally they wiped my starter base altogether. 

I have found there is a mix of elements that determine where I live on a server.

• It always helps greatly to ask in global chat what the rules are. 
  • Make "friends" with individuals - they will help you in more ways than metal tools just because they are willing to touch base with you and identify where you are at.
  • You will get wiped - learn from it and bounce back - DONT cry and complain - make MORE friends. 

WC GM's in my opinion, are actively making attempts to "solve problems" that which prevents active game play - such as a message I read regarding the removal of structures that block air drops. Any problem you do have on a server can be isolated and identified than solved by simply perusing the forums like you have done already - keep it up. 

Last but not least - build a 1x1 - place a bed, forge, mortar and pestle, and smithy on it (it all fits). Plan on losing all that in a week at the most. Use that to craft better weapons than stone, as well as crossbow, along with sparkpowder(especially on SE), etc.... Than MOVE. Go somewhere else and build a taming shed - after learning the lay of the land.

Good luck!

On 4/4/2017 at 7:55 AM, FraggleRock said:

What server do you play on? 

I played on a server where I built a 1x2 base and kept it for several days/weeks - but any attempt to move forward from that resulted in destruction until finally they wiped my starter base altogether. 

I have found there is a mix of elements that determine where I live on a server.

• It always helps greatly to ask in global chat what the rules are. 
  • Make "friends" with individuals - they will help you in more ways than metal tools just because they are willing to touch base with you and identify where you are at.
  • You will get wiped - learn from it and bounce back - DONT cry and complain - make MORE friends. 

WC GM's in my opinion, are actively making attempts to "solve problems" that which prevents active game play - such as a message I read regarding the removal of structures that block air drops. Any problem you do have on a server can be isolated and identified than solved by simply perusing the forums like you have done already - keep it up. 

Last but not least - build a 1x1 - place a bed, forge, mortar and pestle, and smithy on it (it all fits). Plan on losing all that in a week at the most. Use that to craft better weapons than stone, as well as crossbow, along with sparkpowder(especially on SE), etc.... Than MOVE. Go somewhere else and build a taming shed - after learning the lay of the land.

Good luck!

Wow really informative, thanks a lot?

I found a spot right next to the water under the green tower, it is really small i managed to lay an 8x4 foundation in stone but it is surrounded by abandoned player foundations so my only choice was to build upwards with ladders to access each level. Eventually i could destroy one of the abandoned foundations so i built a pen out of stone gates just big enough to hold a t rex and turned the lowest level of my base into a barn to store all my smaller dinos. My top level also has dino gate walls and stores my Argy while the roof is my garden area where i grow crops with an irrigation system. As im right next to the water ive no need for the ugly pipeline systems and to protect my valuables i have built a 2x1 metal room with 6 large cupboards inside it that i can access via doors or windows so never exposing them to Golum kiters. 

Archived