Love the new UI

Scrysis

I personally hate it, to tek looking and considering tek is only about 15% of the game IMO it dosnt fit.

I dislike that it defaults to engrams, I can't see how many I can craft, the craft all drop down,  I could go on.

I use an Xbox controller with a chat pat and was able to do 99% with the old UI  now I need to have my mouse right beside me just to right click to bring down drop downs.

I like it, takes a little getting used to and I think there's still room for some improvement. I don't like how so much room us taken up by a selfie of our character, not needed in my opinion. And the tabs on the top need to be better defined, as it is now they just melt into the look and was not intuitive at first.

22 minutes ago, NEWMFIN said:

I personally hate it, to tek looking and considering tek is only about 15% of the game IMO it dosnt fit.

I dislike that it defaults to engrams, I can't see how many I can craft, the craft all drop down,  I could go on.

I use an Xbox controller with a chat pat and was able to do 99% with the old UI  now I need to have my mouse right beside me just to right click to bring down drop downs.

I think it's supposed to look tek ... because it is tek! It's some advanced technology embedded in our forearm ffs...hehe

I think they should add back in the total amount that can be crafted, and craft all should craft all and not just one stack, but I think these are obvious improvements that are easily added back in.

28 minutes ago, NEWMFIN said:

Not just that ... ANY other screen other than the first inventory screen are literal cut and pastes from the old UI LOLOLOL.

"Hey guys we really need a cool screenshot for the Steam sale that's going to coinicide with this awesome patch!  Can we just do one UI screen dont worry about the other screens - only players can see that and they'll already have paid for the game anyway."  o.O

1 hour ago, NEWMFIN said:

Actually, the context menu now does appear to show the quantity next to "Craft All". Can't remember if it was yesterday or this morning that I noticed it; the absence of that info was one of the first things I noticed when the initial patch hit.

1 minute ago, spacejam said:

I have also noticed transferring 5 at once doesn't seem to work the same way it used to. I used to hold shift down and click on  a stack to transfer 5 at a time. I couldn't seem to get that to work on sunday. Not sure if I was just being a spastic or not. anyone else encounter that

Yup.  At first, you couldnt do it at all.  Now, if I remember from last night, it only goes one way. 

I honestly just don't get the thought behind the new UI.  At first, I *may* have thought the design was cool and refreshing.  But the actual use of it is so bass ackwards that I genuinely thought it was an april fools joke gone terribly wrong.

1 hour ago, UXR51 said:

So you like it based on how it looks? No mention on how it is slower, shows less information, its laggy, takes more time to do the same task than before. 

How is this better? its worse but with plastic surgery. 

I don't like that it shows less information in certain places, or that you have to click at the tabs along the top. For me it's leaps and bounds quicker than what it was before, and no need of a script to click to feed tames, etc. Maybe turn off inventory transitions? It pops up instantly for me.

Just now, theronin said:

Yup.  At first, you couldnt do it at all.  Now, if I remember from last night, it only goes one way. 

I honestly just don't get the thought behind the new UI.  At first, I *may* have thought the design was cool and refreshing.  But the actual use of it is so bass ackwards that I genuinely thought it was an april fools joke gone terribly wrong.

haha yeah at first I was like yeah this looks pretty, but seemingly mechanical is unfit for use

6 hours ago, NEWMFIN said:

Actually you are wrong, the TEK ''enviroment'' is THE essential part of ark, storyline and desing. Just look around you, you will see how much everything is filled with the ''TEKY'' feel.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, NEWMFIN said:

Considering it's total end game that only a % is interested in let alone achieve, it's a small % of the game.  

IMO 

You literally have "teky" obelisks floating around on the island and a weird alien implant in your arm, and you see these things long before you even get to fight raid bosses.

Archived