My feedback and suggestion on flyer nerfs

Ashelia

In my opinion the nerfs to pteras and quetz are fine and needed to be done , I mean I was angry at the fact people used pteras and quetz for warring and etc, all the time, specially pteras (one is a flying chicken and the other is a flying turkey).

About each tier flyer:

I believe the speed needs to have a cap : 

Pteras tier 1

# speed cap should be 150 and 170 with imprint bonus, they have to maintain the lowest of lowest hp stamina of all flyers, they are just a lowbie tier 1 flyer tame and should be viewed and stay that way. Main use should be for scouting nothing more.

#Hp shouldn't go past 1k(Reason would be to not let people use pteras to steal wyvern eggs and to make them be easy eliminated in pvp as they should). 

#Stamina shouldnt go past 500

Tapejara tier 1

#Tapejaras are only good to transport people or do some fun taming çause of the extra seats, and they are slow so base cap 180-200(20% imprint bonus) should be enough. 

#Stamina should not go past 700

#HP shouldn't go past 1.5k

Argent 2

#Argent is the tier 2 flyer in ark, since it's more tankier but slow max speed cap should 180 from leveling  and 200 with imprint bonus (you need to have 200 speed on an argent if you want to safely outrun a wyvern from long distances.

#This would make it the basic starter flier to get into the egg stealing business, making argents a must have if people want to take on the challange to gain a wyvern and do the milking neccesary for that.

#Stamina should not go past 1,5k

#HP shouldn't go past 3k

Quetz

#Quetzals are suposed to be the slowest weight mules from the sky for farming purposes, is what I center my thoughs at for this one.

# With that said we have to keep in mind a metal run in the volcano shouldnt take more than 40 minutes' from every side of the map to it + and coming back home, so from my own experience in having quetzals at all type of speeds, I can safely say a quetzal with 180 cap, reaching 200 with imprint bonus It's what I think it would be best for every carrier quetz to dilligently to their job.

#I would add back the stamina regain while not riding it in air(for taming other quetz purpose).

#Stamina shouldn't go past 2k

# HP shouldn't go past 5k

Wyverns

What I totally disagree with, is what they did to the wyverns, they are suposed to be the topping of every cake, fast fliers with a good stamina to actually engage a battle using what they normally do , *special breath attack*.

They are so far the hardest thing to raise, alot of time spent not only by gathering the eggs , but also the high risk you take in gettting the eggs and feeding it what it wants and don't have to mention the imprint cycle which is very bad as it is the system itself that only allows us to sleep 3 hours max if not 2 in between each round.

In most cases you gotta pray that you don't get dc after stealing an egg or crashing , same thing will end up getting killed both and your pet, (happened quite a few times honestly).

But you endure all of that to finally have something that makes you feel the queen or king of the battle skys plus you also paid for that *lets not forget about that* :Jerbmad:cause Right now I feel that flying with my wyverns to X location is a horrendous struggle when it shouldn't at all,it has a dynamic body that makes it being able to move fast while using their big strong arm wings to give them a stronger impulse(using rational sense upon looking their bone/muscle composition).

# The base speed was changed, 100 base speed wasn't as slow as it is right now, so it must be bought up back to what it was and that should be the cap, with being 20% from imprint only the best you can achieve.

#Stamina shouldn't go past 2k

# HP remainds the same, due to no saddle armor,

Imprint bonus speed needs to be added back, no need to comment why because imprint itself it's terrible, and very tedious and tiring to do , not fun at all, so If anyone takes on the challange of it, the gain will have to be balanced to the lose. (you deteriorate your health + are bounded to make your day go accordingly to the imprint timers if there's no one you trust enough to share your account with and want to reach 100% that is per say).

- Have you guys tried to run on the floor with the wyvern LOL? It looks like It's suffering trying to move only about 1 inch-

@Ashelia most of this is pretty good. but you fell into the same trap as the devs and didn't consider weight or damage on most of these. I think changing those 2 numbers is key.

Would anyone complain if a ptera had high speed (still could be tracked by turrets) high Stam and low damage, health and weight? it would be useless in a fight, only carry 1 moderate weight human and could amount efficiently. being able to quickly bring just you to say another base or allow you to search for the new dinos or high level ones. it would be an effective and fun single person transport and that's it.

Quetz, if it had a weight cap and no health or damage. with good speed and very high stam. i mean come on, wild quetzs don't land. would anyone complain? it would be good for farming metal but not op and useless in a fight, perfect.

Like you said dragon is hard to get and cost you money. it should be strong. if anything drop the health, make people think twice before engaging in pvp with it cause they know how hard it was to get.

argy and tap were fine, maybe even need a buff. they combined had 1 end game use and 1 mid game use.

My personal take after all shock has subsided is that the nerf is bad for the state of the game... I understand there are very real reasons for it but i feel a more subtle approach would have helped lessen the blow... This is how i would have liked to see fliers get fixed.

First step: launch 2 new dinos one being a flier that cant be tamed... A real apex predator something that gets your heart racing if you see one, like a flying giga. The second being a superior land dino, like the Equus.

Step 2: take 25% of the speed and stam off of every flier. Then buff the speed of all land dinos by 10%

If this doesnt provide a reason to nudge enough people away from staight fliers then remove picking from pteras. And decease speed and stam another 25%.

At this point i have tribe members who want to purchase SE and ive told them that if this nerf is as bad as the pc players say than my tribe may never get another wyvern(the only reason they want to pay wildcard more money for Scorched earth) so if this isint resolved than we could see little to no interest in Scorched and waning interest in the core game... I dont think ANYONE wants that.

4 minutes ago, green13 said:

My personal take after all shock has subsided is that the nerf is bad for the state of the game... I understand there are very real reasons for it but i feel a more subtle approach would have helped lessen the blow... This is how i would have liked to see fliers get fixed.

First step: launch 2 new dinos one being a flier that cant be tamed... A real apex predator something that gets your heart racing if you see one, like a flying giga. The second being a superior land dino, like the Equus.

Step 2: take 25% of the speed and stam off of every flier. Then buff the speed of all land dinos by 10%

If this doesnt provide a reason to nudge enough people away from staight fliers then remove picking from pteras. And decease speed and stam another 25%.

At this point i have tribe members who want to purchase SE and ive told them that if this nerf is as bad as the pc players say than my tribe may never get another wyvern(the only reason they want to pay wildcard more money for Scorched earth) so if this isint resolved than we could see little to no interest in Scorched and waning interest in the core game... I dont think ANYONE wants that.

what makes you think equus is a superior land dino?

is this a 25% speed and Stam nerf to current flyers or pre patch flyers?

25% nerf base speed and still allow adding levels to speed? or cap the speed at the base speed how it is on pc now and decrease it by 25%?

I agree if you don't want the sky to be safe then a giant eagle or something with a medium aggro range and medium speed would be good.

55 minutes ago, FiSh250505 said:

Stop talking sense, no doubt a pro-nerfer will be along soon to either troll you or apply some circular logic to it :D

Another well thought out solution, if only the devs did this instead of just wiping everything across the board.

Grow up. I'm all for the nerf but OPs suggestion sounds very balanced and fair. 

We also need a pelagornis buff. As in, people remembering they exist. 

4 minutes ago, ncola7 said:

@Ashelia most of this is pretty good. but you fell into the same trap as the devs and didn't consider weight or damage on most of these. I think changing those 2 numbers is key.

Would anyone complain if a ptera had high speed (still could be tracked by turrets) high Stam and low damage, health and weight? it would be useless in a fight, only carry 1 moderate weight human and could amount efficiently. being able to quickly bring just you to say another base or allow you to search for the new dinos or high level ones. it would be an effective and fun single person transport and that's it.

Quetz, if it had a weight cap and no health or damage. with good speed and very high stam. i mean come on, wild quetzs don't land. would anyone complain? it would be good for farming metal but not op and useless in a fight, perfect.

Like you said dragon is hard to get and cost you money. it should be strong. if anything drop the health, make people think twice before engaging in pvp with it cause they know how hard it was to get.

argy and tap were fine, maybe even need a buff. they combined had 1 end game use and 1 mid game use.

You can't drop the hp on wyverns because it woulldn't balance out with the pve content, they are very vulnerable as it is with 11k hp even, (my fiance got his wyvern with 12k hp killed when he got dc as he was fighting an alpha wyvern of lvl 25, it somehow killed it regardless of how it did it, we only got the kill message at the end and body could not be found.

5-6 front titano frontal stomp it dies

And don't forget manticore.

what they can do is create tek turrents that do alot more damage to flyers in terms of pvp, and let's not forget that if you pump a wyvern's hp you are losing alot of firepower, meaning the wyvern will stay at 4xx melee, and its not that bad, I mean it's pvp island and pvp scorched earth , if you manage to get your wyverns safe back to the island, the merit of being able to have a certain upper hand in air combat I believe it's a fine reward after being able to pull it off from SE PVP

1 minute ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Good point but what? they seem rather useless. landing on water is nice but what does that get you? especially cause most people don't use water now.

Oh. had an idea while writing this. let them dive underwater. This would mesh well with underwater bases. You could take one mount from your regular base and fly over the water then land in water and dive down to your underwater base. never having to dismount or get scuba gear cause they dive fast enough.

@Jat i know you like the sound of this.

3 minutes ago, Ashelia said:

You can't drop the hp on wyverns because it woulldn't balance out with the pve content, they are very vulnerable as it is with 11k hp even, (my fiance got his wyvern with 12k hp killed when he got dc as he was fighting an alpha wyvern of lvl 25, it somehow killed it regardless of how it did it, we only got the kill message at the end and body could not be found.

5-6 front titano frontal stomp it dies

And don't forget manticore.

what they can do is create tek turrents that do alot more damage to flyers in terms of pvp, and let's not forget that if you pump a wyvern's hp you are losing alot of firepower, meaning the wyvern will stay at 4xx melee, and its not that bad, I mean it's pvp island and pvp scorched earth , if you manage to get your wyverns safe back to the island, the merit of being able to have a certain upper hand in air combat I believe it's a fine reward after being able to pull it off from SE PVP

fair enough. wyvern should of been kept where it was then, maybe with less speed per a lvl.

thoughts on any comments about the other flyers?

5 minutes ago, ncola7 said:

what makes you think equus is a superior land dino?

is this a 25% speed and Stam nerf to current flyers or pre patch flyers?

25% nerf base speed and still allow adding levels to speed? or cap the speed at the base speed how it is on pc now and decrease it by 25%?

I agree if you don't want the sky to be safe then a giant eagle or something with a medium aggro range and medium speed would be good.

I simply assume that a horse is indeed built for speed.

The nerfs i was talking about were instead of the nerfs currently in play now. To help make land travel more appealing. And when i say 25% i mean across the board. If it starts out at a 100 make it start at 75. And if max is 300 make the max speed 225.

2 minutes ago, green13 said:

I simply assume that a horse is indeed built for speed.

The nerfs i was talking about were instead of the nerfs currently in play now. To help make land travel more appealing. And when i say 25% i mean across the board. If it starts out at a 100 make it start at 75. And if max is 300 make the max speed 225.

if you were looking forward to a fast horse, sorry you're out of luck. at 100% a horse is about 8% faster then a human. Tamed properly a horse starts around 135% I think, but either way theyre only in the middle of the pack for dino speed.

Now if you want a fast dino, iguanadon is your guy. Base speed is 5th or 6th for wild land dinos. Also uses zero Stam while sprinting, you can run all day. He'd win the Ark marathon.

ok perfect i hoped that's what you meant about flyer speed nerf. I completely agree with you. they should still be able to be leveled in speed and be fast dinos. just not as fast as they were.

I disagree with Stam nerf across the board, I think the whole point of a quetz is to have high Stam. but I guess a 25% nerf is way better then a 50%. and would compound overall less, so maybe it wouldn't feel that bad.

17 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Woah I totally forgot about them , they are um.... I use one as a decoration for the little water pond I have on my base, maybe if they enabled them to be able to use as a chair to fish, would have a use? 

:Jerbhi:

7 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Caught one :D

I wasn't having a go at you anyway, to be honest you've been one of the few who've actually backed your argument up instead of just trolling or wanting to force how you play the game on everyone else, while there's been a fair share of people crying over it there's also been a lot of good suggestions and this is one of them like I said in my last post, no doubt someone will come along though and claim everything is great the way it is now without saying anything to back it up or expecting everyone else to change how they want to play.

As far as the nerf goes, I'm happy for them to cap speed across the board so it's no longer an exploit for PvP (I don't play PvP but think it's only fair for those that CHOOSE to) stamina should have been left untouched then health, melee & weight capped by class so you end up with something like Ptera's, Pelagornis & Tappa's being good for player transport/scouting but easy to take down in a raid, Argent's being a bit of a jack of all trades master of none & Quetzals as a heavy hauler, throw in some un-tamable flying dino (no doubt this will get overlooked but another berry gathering option will be introduced at some point :P ) or have small swarms of Dimo's that agro on mounted flyers to give you something to worry about (ever used tamable alphas mod? the alpha ptera's were a nightmare once they were on to you) and job's a good un, apart from the awful AI if you want to take a pack of land dinos out that is.

Archived