Notice All Those For The Flyer Nerf Have Barely Hundreds Hours Logged?

theronin

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, theronin said:

Hey ... AGREED 100%!!!  Tell me this - how does opening up servers and introducing a "tech tier" both of which can really only be accomplished by very well established huge tribes serve to achieve this ark utopia of yours?  My point is, NOTHING the devs have done aims to make this game the jolly good ol Ark of yesteryear where you could have purdy farms and purdy colored herbo dinos to decorate your purdy base.  They have created a dog eat dog world which all of us that play official PVP (i.e., the way the devs meant the game to be played) have adapted to.  Then they pull this.  Make sense sorta now?

Ark utopia of yours? Well kind of it is, for me anyway. I abandon official servers. Because it is the way the devs meant the game to be played, but it is NOT the way i enjoy playing it. What is bad about loving different aspect of the same game? I play on my own small server with some friends. But i guess i am not valid ARK player if i don't rock huge base on official PVP head cracking inferno.

I have over  2145 hours and I play pve. Only thing I hate is did I expend over 200 hours breeding and leveling ptradons for the perfect one, but what bothers me the most is did all my flyers are missing 20+ levels did were never given back, wyverns most people have level them up to their max unable to change any stats on them.

i only see one problem with this patch for people did recently bought SE and it's how are they going to get the eggs from the scar?  If some one has a plan or an idea let people know.

10 minutes ago, Acalt said:

I have over  2145 hours and I play pve. Only thing I hate is did I expend over 200 hours breeding and leveling ptradons for the perfect one, but what bothers me the most is did all my flyers are missing 20+ levels did were never given back, wyverns most people have level them up to their max unable to change any stats on them.

i only see one problem with this patch for people did recently bought SE and it's how are they going to get the eggs from the scar?  If some one has a plan or an idea let people know.

Basically you take argentavis into the scar. With your teammate in claws. Let him grab the egg and then run away. When the wyverns will get too close (and they will, because of speed nerf) just drop the teammate at ground and let the wyverns kill him. They should be agroo only on whoever grab the egg. So you shold be able to escape while they will tear your tribemate to pieces. Then just get the egg from his death body. Ou and wait a little until you grab it so they caot reagro again on you. And they will if they will be too close when you take the egg from cache bag.

EDIT. Getin the egg solo may include sacrificing your bird.

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

Flyers that can be ridden without being mounted do... So basically just the Quetzal and Wyvern. I do not believe that changes affects Argents or anything like that

Not quite right on that one PuffyPony.  Quetzal and Wyvern can follow without burning stamina just as they always have, so you can have that sky train of Quetzals if you really want to. 

The patch note are referring to the ability Quetz used to have where you could dismount in mid-air (standing on the saddle or platform) and it would regenerate stamina without the need to land.  Now the only way to regain stamina is to land.

7 minutes ago, pwellsua5645 said:

2000 hours of gametime here. Flyers needed a nerf and glad they got it. I was bitter at first but now i have a reason to use all my dinos in my base eating all my food. Now I have a bred/imprinted bronto for metal runs. (twins). Should be fun. Good luck and cheers to the new beginning

I'm curious how you are defending on your bronto as it lumbers along the mountains with a handful of Chinese attacking you on official PVP?  Honest question.

What I find hilarious in these threads is that everyone who likes the nerfs are either pvp idiots, or people who can't get in the community spirit, on pve servers (not single players, you people are either tired of pvp, or can't find a decent pve server. We apologize, it's not us that's the problem, it's the servers themselves. Sorry.) And the devs listen to those with the loudest voices, and it seems, the majority, now, are calling for repeal of the nerf. This nerf should never have happened in the first place. In fact, repeal all flyer nerfs this game has made. They are unfair, and even though we may not use land dinos a whole lot, we still use them, but they won't keep us safe from wild gigas, only flyers do that.

I have over 5k hours in Ark. I'm for the flyer nerf, but against it's current incarnation. 

The current incarnation does two things wrong;

One, it makes flyers literally useless. Ptera's are useless when you can literally run to any given point faster then they can fly you there. Quetzals are useless because the dinos you were supposed to be carrying can run there before the quetzal can carry them there.

Two, it exponentially increases the grind aspect of the game. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if the nerf hit everyone, and everything, equally. It didn't, and in PvP, that is a huge power shift towards Attackers, who already had an insurmountable advantage to begin with. 

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

i don't think so now that im forced to use a "dino train" that just gets stuck in a stick and cant move THEN gets eaten because of poopty programming, flyers and rafts were a better alternative to shoot in and out of getting a few metal pieces and get back home so i didn't have to have every single of  my dinos get poisoned then stuck in a rock pile only to die out because i can't get them back home... it makes the game not fun and boring, making stuff take way too long to do doesn't add gameplay or difficulty, it simply just adds how much time it takes to do stuff, its filler, nothing more.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, xxdsidexx said:

i don't think so now that im forced to use a "dino train" that just gets stuck in a stick and cant move THEN gets eaten because of poopty programming, flyers and rafts were a better alternative to shoot in and out of getting a few metal pieces and get back home so i didn't have to have every single of  my dinos get poisoned then stuck in a rock pile only to die out because i can't get them back home... it makes the game not fun and boring, making stuff take way too long to do doesn't add gameplay or difficulty, it simply just adds how much time it takes to do stuff, its filler, nothing more.

It's ultimately up to you to mind your caravan to prevent threats of things like getting eaten, being poisoned, or getting stuck.

• Volunteer Moderator

As a player, I guess what I don't understand is why there is a need for people to keep attacking, insulting, belittling, and marginalizing each other.

The nerf happened.  

Now, you have a chance to provide constructive input, ideas, and feedback, or not.

If your feedback is "I don't like it", "change/roll it back", "I don't like those that don't like it", "lets bully Wildcard into changing things back", or similar, of course, it will be noticed, but that really doesn't provide much that is useful for the next changes.

Those that can write up something well written, constructive, and on topic, they may have a chance of being heard.  And, this included, without the exaggerations, pointing out issues and problems that you have encountered.

But, on a positive note, what are some alternatives/compromises/give backs you can think of.

... Removed ideas and moved them to a more productive thread ....

Not saying people have to like the current changes, but they are what they are.  And, if you don't put your own tangible ideas/concepts/adjustments/observations out there, then you will get what you get.

And, if it really matters, I have over 4,000 hours in the game; and I have a full time job, that even includes some travel, long hours, and weekends, for special projects.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, iAmE said:

Too bad the AI, pathing and reality basically make it absolutely impossible to design a dino Caravan that doesn't get stuck ever since they, you know, gutted flyers. Flyers were the only dino that could, actually, make a train work. Now, not so much. 

Not every bit of the land is a magical quicksand pixel. For the situations where it isn't on such, get off your lazy bum, hop on the stuck dino and start moving it around, forwards, reverse, or whichever direction you deem appropriate until you get it loose.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Those that can write up something well written, constructive, and on topic, they may have a chance of being heard.  And, this included, without the exaggerations, pointing out issues and problems that you have encountered.

You really want to know why people are flaming Wildcard instead of being constructive?

Because being constructive doesn't work with Wildcard. They show no indication that they give any amount of (Insert word here) what we think. *If* they did, maybe they would have listened to the threads they started looking for flyer rebalance. If they listened to the community, maybe I wouldn't be getting outrun by a Phiomia on a Wyvern. If they listened to their community, maybe End Game Bosses would be doable without exploits. If they listened to the community, we would have a discourse.

You can't just constantly make demands of any party, and not participate. These "Constructive" comments you say we "Should be making". Why should we be making constructive comments or having constructive discussions when literally any and all evidence points to the fact that they simply don't listen, or simply don't care?

Archived