The new sounds effect feedback

Lewiatan

Okay, I have a female character and when she jumps off something tall like a Giga she makes a very masculine moan, which I'm almost certain it is a male voice sound bite.

Also as OP sort of pointed out, when mining with a pick axe the character will make all sorts of noises that feel out of sync with the actions.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperGenki said:

Okay, I have a female character and when she jumps off something tall like a Giga she makes a very masculine moan, which I'm almost certain it is a male voice sound bite.

Also as OP sort of pointed out, when mining with a pick axe the character will make all sorts of noises that feel out of sync with the actions.

Thank u thats the best example before ppl cried abou the to erotic voice now it is to masculine. no harassment.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, ToXiN said:

Oh I'm sorry the game hasn't had enough money from the customers already? Paid DLC "in a EA" game? Need more money? Don't pay mod makers yet?
Why change sounds if it's EA then? You make no sense.

This statement makes absolutely no sense. an EA game is a game in development, when else would be the best time to do things like change sounds?

3 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

I haven't really checked into most of these new sounds, but I will say two things.

1:  The old raptor sound was perhaps the most annoyingly abrupt sound in the game.

2:  I do miss the old warble the Quetz used to make, although I admit the newer and harsher sound does seem more appropriate... and the "chomp" sound is perfect for it's massive beak.  I think it would be pretty neat if the old melodic warble would come back only when the Quetz is mate boosted, but I don't really expect that to happen.

Still, we need to be careful what we wish for or we'll end up with something like THIS.  While it would be incredibly cool at first, it would get extremely annoying after a couple of minutes.

Old raptor sounds where annoying, but the new ones I cannot stand listening to. The burping idle sound makes me mad.

1 hour ago, Lewiatan said:

Old raptor sounds where annoying, but the new ones I cannot stand listening to. The burping idle sound makes me mad.

I think, if anything, the new Argy sound suits the Raptors more than either of the other Raptor sounds lol!

I don't like the new sounds for the Argy or Raptor. Quetzal, Wolf, and Mammoth sounds are great imo. I also like the Dodo sounds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 11:04 AM, Horvath said:

Thank u thats the best example before ppl cried abou the to erotic voice now it is to masculine. no harassment.

The problem with the female character was the April 1st update made her sound like a 50 year old rubbin one out. It was all bad.

As for the rest of the sounds, the new raptor sucks. so does the dilo. Those two were absolutely perfect in every way. If it aint broke, dont fix it. 

The quetzal is a nightmare now. Not only does the damn thing constantly sound like its being attacked while just parked in my base, when it takes a dump it sounds like two rabid pitbulls fighting.  And the in-flight growling is just horrible.

33 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

The quetzal is a nightmare now. Not only does the damn thing constantly sound like its being attacked while just parked in my base, when it takes a dump it sounds like two rabid pitbulls fighting.  And the in-flight growling is just horrible.

I also dislike that Quetzal does his old "honk" in every sound it makes. When it bites you can hear 1 to 1 the same honking sound which is in the background of the new sound. Leave honking sound to idle, it worked there well.

Let's see

*Pterasaur flight sounds like someone unclogging a toilet after a gammorean took a massive turd

*Raptors sound like general Grievous ate too many beans

*sounds for female human character overheating/taking environmental damage sounds sexual

*Pachys sound like overboiling pots of noodles

*T-rex idle sounds sound like rattlesnakes, roar sounds like the Jurassic Park T-Rex got a pike/spear up the butthole

*Spinos sound like rabid wolves (make the spino bite sound the wolf bite sound plz)

*Allosaurs sound like a Grievous-Vader hybrid... KEEP IT I LIKE IT

*NEW DINO WALKING SOUND! atat.thumb.jpg.07c3549caf34e9a1eefa015a55ce36c1.jpg

*Argy sounds like bald eagle screeching, KEEP IT!

*NEW COMBAT MUSIC? or documentary on the life in Africa? (the music seriously reminds me of a documentary I watched on leopards...)

*THEY CHANGED THE SABERTOOTH LEVEL UP SOUND! CURSES TO THEM, I LOVED THAT OLD SOUND! NOW IT SOUNDS AROUSED! IT USED TO SOUND FIERCE LIKE A GROWLING LION/TIGER BUT NOOO NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WANTS TO HUMP ME!

*My Pteranadon, Asajj Ventress, sounds more like something from Spore than it does from a dinosaur game...

poo.thumb.jpg.3274379d9ed691fba50c70672f511a1f.jpgFor those of you who don't know what spore is, this is from spore.

*you make weird things on that game..

@SBaker

Doing this again for the newest batch of creature sound changes.

Carno: Way too high-pitched and shriek-y for something the size of a Carno.  These sounds should just be given to the Raptor, honestly, since they'd fit it well and sound much better than what the Raptor's currently got.

Direbear: It sounds like a bear.  This is a good thing.  Especially the roar, since it's actually audible now.

Bronto: Much too quiet.  The sounds themselves aren't bad, I guess (though I prefer the old whale-like sounds), but they're way too quiet.  Especially the footsteps.  This is a gigantic animal here, it should sound like one.

Saber: Most of the sounds are either almost the same as before, or improved.  Good job.

Scorpion: I miss the pitter-patter walking sounds, but aside from that it's not much different from before.

Giga: I really dig the new idle sound, but the new roar is... uhh... weird.  I like the deep stutter-y sound in the background of it, but the main part of it sounds like it's honking at something which is pretty bizarre.  The bite sound is similarly weird.

No comment on the Dragon, Broodmother, and Megapithecus, since I'm not going to spawn them in just to check what they sound like.

Regarding the tweaks to the Quetzal, it sounds better than it did after the previous patch, I'll give it that.  I'm glad that some of the old sounds have made their way back into the mix, but using their old alarm sound as their new idle sound makes me think they're constantly getting attacked by something.  More than any others I just wish the Quetzal's sounds would be just completely reverted back to pre-256 status.

I also noticed another new idle sound for a dino mixed in somewhere, but I can't quite pinpoint the source.  I THINK it might be the Tapejara.  It sounds like one of the JP Raptor calls.  I can't describe the sound, but anyone that's seen the movies will probably know what I'm talking about.  Regardless, I like it.

• Wildcard Staff

Thank you for taking the time to continue this discussion. I agree with many of your points @InfernoRodan. Especially with the Bronto sounds feeling too quiet. The Quetz revisions were not what I expected when I listened to them. I'm still weighing my options there. In the meantime I'll iterate on things that are pointed out here while continuing to create new sounds for many other creatures.

1 hour ago, TheBanditKing said:

Here is my 2 cents.

All of the old sounds are superior in almost every way to the new ones. The person who made the sounds should be locked in a closet for a few days to contemplate how bad they are at making dino sounds.

make it better ohhh we didint know how dinosaurs sounded so what u gonna do? whiny babies everywhere

why even make it worse, did someone cry for a soundnerf? sounds were too good?, i dont understand, the fightmusic doesnt fit, AT ALL, quetz now have dmg for idlesound, even tho it was fine before, giga sounds like a squeezed lizard, i thought back when they changed the rex for the worse, "oh i hope this isnt a trend", well raptor ME it was, 

Just now, Horvath said:

i think its ten times better now. the music from original was just annoying as hell.

really?, i really loved the original battle theme, really gave a sense of urgency, something youd react to if you heard it while in base,

everybody i play with of have encountered ingame hates the new music with a passion, it just doesnt fit/ is like a documentary/ is too low key/ is just not something youd wanna hear over and over and over,  

Archived