Call to all skilled modders: bring back the old UI

Voidstar

I really hope someone does change it, I don't mind the inventory just the hotbar and Dino info pop up make the game feel and look like a cheap made mobile phone game, it's completely pulled away from the feel of the game for me and I really feel gutted about it. Alongside the game looking abit cartoon like now, I have also lost 10-15 fps! I have no problems with nerfs and other things tho. Sorry to the guy that designed the new hotbar as he obviously liked it and this is only my artistic and design opinion. 

Just now, Crows said:

Oh no, changes! aahhh my eyes!.. you'll get used to it. ;)

Stupid changes my friend. Any particular reason why I should squint the hell out of my eyes to read a damn tiny text over some kitschy colors that make it even ahrder to read?

Any reason for pressing E to acces something, and not being able to press E to exit it anymore? But to press ESC instead or hover the mouse to the other corner of the screen and press x?

Any reason why the remote use item button was removed making it slwoer to actually use an item [added to the time you need to find it]

Any reason why shift drag doesn t split in half anymore and now i have to press on the item, them selec transfer, transfer half ?

Any reason the nice overlay when taming or looking at creatures need to be rather non transparent blue bad taste square? Any particular reason why the fonts and the colors in general of the ui are MS PAINT, unrefined colors? Or all the fonts being boldened making the game look like a cheap anime korean mobile mmo ?

None my friend. It s not about getting used to it. It s the poor functionality of an already tedious game, and o course the strident neon colors which ruin the game.

• 2 weeks later...

The new UI is good, but as with all first passes it still needs some tweaks, I think the one thing that would go along way would be to review the contrast of some of the font, item colors against the new backdrop to make it easier to see. Ascendant gear has a very similar color to the color of some of the standard gear.

Also uncluttering some of the icons, i.e. I don't need to know that an axe is a weapon, or a berry is a consumable. it only serves to clutter up an already small window when "Consumable" is stuffed into the same window as the name of the item, etc

16 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Sorry OP, but it's currently not possible. The UI is in the games source code and is not exposed to modders in the Dev Kit. In the future maybe, but not likely I'm afraid.

I see. thank you. I got used to some things of the new UI, others my brain chooses to ignore, just as my brain chooses to ignore seeing my nose always...

On 4/1/2017 at 7:32 PM, Voidstar said:

Stupid changes my friend. Any particular reason why I should squint the hell out of my eyes to read a damn tiny text over some kitschy colors that make it even ahrder to read?

Any reason for pressing E to acces something, and not being able to press E to exit it anymore? But to press ESC instead or hover the mouse to the other corner of the screen and press x?

Any reason why the remote use item button was removed making it slwoer to actually use an item [added to the time you need to find it]

Any reason why shift drag doesn t split in half anymore and now i have to press on the item, them selec transfer, transfer half ?

Any reason the nice overlay when taming or looking at creatures need to be rather non transparent blue bad taste square? Any particular reason why the fonts and the colors in general of the ui are MS PAINT, unrefined colors? Or all the fonts being boldened making the game look like a cheap anime korean mobile mmo ?

None my friend. It s not about getting used to it. It s the poor functionality of an already tedious game, and o course the strident neon colors which ruin the game.

To remote use item just hold E once the item is selected, its actually easier than the old UI

Shift Drag functionality does work?

On 1.4.2017 at 11:32 AM, Voidstar said:

1. You never pressed E to leavy containers or other inventories. You use F for that.

2. You don't need a remote use button if you can hover over items and press E to remote use them. You can even hold E to remote use multiples and you don't have to click every single item. This is a big improvement.

3. I have no idea what you're doing, I can shift drag items and the game splits stacks in half.

4. The tame boxes are transparent enough to not block off things behind them.

Please if you want to critizise something objectivly, try to make your critique valid next time.

The rest of your post is subjective and you're free to dislike things. I agree on some like the small font in menues, but I like the black outlines and bold font.

On 1-4-2017 at 11:32 AM, Voidstar said:

most of these things u describe as facts are untrue. like @Jostabeere said. 

its ok to dislike it but dont just pull stuff out of your ass.

i like the new ui. with all the new tek aditions geting added i prefer this theme over the old.

how would you guys feel about an ui change for every tier you unlock. you start out with the old ui and when you progress you go through the industrial tier to the tek tier. 

could be a neat feature imo. also the ability for players to change the ui could be a easy to implement and gives us a choice

24 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i like the new ui. with all the new tek aditions geting added i prefer this theme over the old.

how would you guys feel about an ui change for every tier you unlock. you start out with the old ui and when you progress you go through the industrial tier to the tek tier. 

could be a neat feature imo. also the ability for players to change the ui could be a easy to implement and gives us a choice

I would never do tek stuff because I want to keep my ui :P 

41 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

the idea of UI advancing with your lvl and tech seems awesome. +1 on that

While the flyer nerf was a huge issue, I would have lived with that, in fact there's even a mod to fix it.

But the UI is something I cannot live with. I gave it a week to change back and then I was done. I was hoping there would be a mod by now to fix it, but it seems this game will forever be ruined.

Maybe I'll check back in a year if I have the urge.

Goodbye ARK. It was fun in the brief moments when the devs weren't wiping my bases or nerfing my dinos or spawning dinos into my base or making things disapear.

Griefers are nothing compared to Devs.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Just waiting for the OP to scream "APRIL FOOLS" but I know they won't...

But no, the UI is fine, it needs tweaking, but it's a lot better and better FPS through it being in.

Archived