Rafts no longer viable in any way

fruitofvictory

Just now, fruitofvictory said:

Sure. You just have to use so many construction parts that you haven't got enough space left to make the raft useful, is all. Sunken foundations are really the only way to go, unless they increase the number of slots you have on your raft to build things. 

This is true,  but I'm cool with that.     I never liked the fact that rafts were ignored by dinos.  I never liked how they were perfectly safe.  I think all of us know that a little OP deep down.   

BUT - the pendulum has swung completely the other way.  Leeds completely destroy boats with 0 counter play options.  You can't defend. You can't run.   That isn't fun either.   I like the idea of the Leeds doing damage to all structures - even metal - albeit reduced damage to the higher tier structures.   It gives us options to defend or run.  It gives us counterplay in exchange for usefulness of the boat. 

I welcome that challenge. That is the fun of a survival game.  Experimentation, challenge, and the feeling that you're "almost" there but not quite.   Man this boat would be great with a fabricator, but do I want to sacrifice underside armor for it?   If not, is the fabricator more important than the preserving bin?   etc..   

-K

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kayin said:

This is true,  but I'm cool with that.     I never liked the fact that rafts were ignored by dinos.  I never liked how they were perfectly safe.  I think all of us know that a little OP deep down.   

BUT - the pendulum has swung completely the other way.  Leeds completely destroy boats with 0 counter play options.  You can't defend. You can't run.   That isn't fun either.   I like the idea of the Leeds doing damage to all structures - even metal - albeit reduced damage to the higher tier structures.   It gives us options to defend or run.  It gives us counterplay in exchange for usefulness of the boat. 

I welcome that challenge. That is the fun of a survival game.  Experimentation, challenge, and the feeling that you're "almost" there but not quite.   Man this boat would be great with a fabricator, but do I want to sacrifice underside armor for it?   If not, is the fabricator more important than the preserving bin?   etc..   

-K

I have run out of rep to give today but +1, agree with everything you just said.

23 hours ago, fruitofvictory said:

It sank the boat before I even knew it was being attacked. It was a level 25 Leedsicthys. Whole raft was stone, it didnt destroy a single foundation, wall, nothing. Not even the ramp. It went straight at the raft itself, through the foundations (fully sunken), and sank it in no time. Maybe ten seconds in total. 

Metal wont help. This thing ignores and hits through right to the raft itself, and does massive damage to it. Good luck =/ 

Damn.  Are these things tameable?

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I don't mind a bit of danger for rafts but as it stands you can't really travel on the ocean anymore which renders them worthless. 

You can still travel on the back of a mossa base, plessy, or any other type of water creature, but the days of raft bases have come to an end with the release of the leed.

Just now, Bane191 said:

You can still travel on the back of a mossa base, plessy, or any other type of water creature, but the days of raft bases has come to an end with the release of the leed.

The only real difference - to me anyway - is dino transport.  I tried earlier and I couldn't get dinos to stay on the plessy platform saddle.   Was I doing it wrong or is that correct? 

1 minute ago, Kayin said:

The only real difference - to me anyway - is dino transport.  I tried earlier and I couldn't get dinos to stay on the plessy platform saddle.   Was I doing it wrong or is that correct? 

Try the mossa platform, it has more room for dinos to move, I know a friend of mine landed their wyvern on it and I took him for a ride across the ocean.

Cus Wildcard don't care. all they want is more $$ and more people to talk about the game....  Flyers/Rafts  whats next to find they messed up?    They only care about adding stuff but not fixing bugs,  like all land Dino's getting stuck on EVERYTHING..  due to Flyers are Pointless anymore.. just bump your run speed (Until) they nerf that due to you are to fast to them and anyone complaining they can't kill them.   i say the next major nerf is they wont let you Put any points into weight. so they will make you have a  train of dino that get stuck on everything but they still wont fix that....    i'm pissed o well  I got other games.

21 minutes ago, kortniechan said:

Why is this dumb creature agressive? It should only attack if provoked. 

More impotantly why is wild card denying us choice of play style in a sandbox game? This update and the stupid whale suck

"Choice of play style" = code for "fly over everything because im lazy and impatient" 

No pity. 

As for the Leeds, it's a good thing that it's aggro - itll clean up a lot of abandoned rafts, for one thing. Its just not good that it ignores foundations when attacking, and does too much damage. 

On 3/31/2017 at 10:34 PM, fruitofvictory said:

Well, I was enjoying the update, no complaints.... until my sunken stone foundation raft was destroyed in two seconds by the Leeds. Not even an alpha, just a regular one, and it completely ignored any construction on the raft, hit straight through to the raft itself, and destroyed a week of work and a ton of resources with zero effort, in no time, and was gone. 

Awesome. Rafts are no longer usable. 

They're making the game harder of course! How is it fair you can just drive across the ocean???? You should play the game to experience the content, rafts made the game way too easy. Great job devs :) 

4 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

They're making the game harder of course! How is it fair you can just drive across the ocean???? You should play the game to experience the content, rafts made the game way too easy. Great job devs :) 

how the raptor am i supposed to get from island to island without a bird or a boat

Archived