Flyer Nerf Appreciation Thread

BulletForce

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scarletblade5 said:

I think this nerf will be the death of Ark. 

I understand why they have brought this nerf out, but whatc about all the hours breading and hatching now it's all for nothing.

They have done the flyers this time around after messing with the saddle last time it's sad.

well here is good luck to us all we are going to need it

I now don't think this is teh case! Just means new strategies etc are needed! Like taking a bronto train to the mountain to get metal or any other type of land dino that has high carry weight! There are possibilities when you think about it. I am kinda glad but think flyers could have a little more stats back but this brings back me using dinos that I long ago stopped using cause I just constantly relied on my birds for everything! So am kinda glad the more I think about it/more ideas I have

1 minute ago, Knightos said:

not that easy getting a clean shot if someones coming to your base with gigas they probs have buddys with there own snipers :P

Set down giant bear traps let the giga walk into one of those and then spray bullets like your life depends on it. I have killed enemy gigas by setting traps right after they blow into the base. They walk into it, get stuck, and my turrets unload into it until the giga either enrages or the giga dies plus the rider gets dismounted which leaves them vulnerable to your defenses. Just have to be more creative with your methods and anything is killable. 

36 minutes ago, kithylin said:

I honestly think you are certifiably insane in stating this. This is the worst patch that we've ever had to ark in all the years it's been running. Fliers are completely useless now.

Are you even aware the massive number of people that are already rage-quitting because of it?

We should be standing up as a community and demanding they remove and roll-back this change instead of applauding it.

You are not helping at all.

Of course he's not helping, he's quite blatantly posted this to riff on other people's pain

Heads up, found this gem in the Steam Forums for ARK.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133261369999498057/?ctp=3#c133261369999509177

Looks like they intentionally nerfed the ever-living-sh&t out of the flyers so people wouldn't get as pissed as if they slowly nerfed them back. They will be re-buffing/balancing out the flyers over the weekend. Carry on.

11 minutes ago, TheGoodStuff said:

Why is this even a thread? trolling? how can there be any "appreciation" for something so poorly thought out and executed?

I just tested the Wyverns on official servers:

Wyverns have ~700-800 Stamina.

The Speed of a Wyvern is now the speed of an unleveled Quetzal before the patch.

That makes it possible to fly from South Tropical to North Tropical. (Can´t fly any further, you have to land on North Tropical)

Wyverns special attack now uses ~30-40% of Wyverns Stamina.

Leveling Stamina is pointless, it gives ~20-30 points per level.

I am not quite sure how you can interpret that as balance.

@LadyofHats Problem is there are people actually defending this.

13 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

Ha! There will be no more PvP. Land dinos are poop, cant farm with the poopty quetzes, bases built on high places will be virtually untouchable. Way to go Wildcard

Grapple hooks exist for a reason. This patch makes lands dinos more viable then before particularly with combat and transportation. This is a good thing.

1 hour ago, BulletForce said:

Dragons were ridiculously strong and superseded pretty much all of the land dinos for most roles. They needed to be cut down to size.

First of all they're not Dragons. They're wyverns. The dragon is a boss. 

Second, wyverns are apex creatures in Ark and the crap you have to go through just to obtain one is why you were rewarded for your efforts. The same goes for breeding. Players who go through the hell of spending anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks raising and imprinting a dino absolutely deserve to have a dino substantially better than a kibble tamed one.  Now they all equally suck. good job you whiners. you've ruined the game because you suck at it and needed ark to help you instead of overcoming your adversaries on your own.

6 minutes ago, Sevaver said:

Heads up, found this gem in the Steam Forums for ARK.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133261369999498057/?ctp=3#c133261369999509177

Looks like they intentionally nerfed the ever-living-sh&t out of the flyers so people wouldn't get as pissed as if they slowly nerfed them back. They will be re-buffing/balancing out the flyers over the weekend. Carry on.

Actually, fliers will permanently and forever be hard capped on a flight speed now. What they are going to "Adjust" is what that capped speed will be. We still won't ever be able to level their movement speed ever again.

7 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Second, wyverns are apex creatures in Ark and the crap you have to go through just to obtain one is why you were rewarded for your efforts. The same goes for breeding. Players who go through the hell of spending anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks raising and imprinting a dino absolutely deserve to have a dino substantially better than a kibble tamed one.  Now they all equally suck. good job you whiners. you've ruined the game because you suck at it and needed ark to help you instead of overcoming your adversaries on your own.

No dino should be the best at everything. The Giga has major weaknesses and now so does the dragon. If i was the dev that stupid magical crap wouldn't even be in the game but thats me.

1 hour ago, AndrewLB said:

To be fair, Wyverns were never 5-star end-game tames. Without the benefit of breeding lineages, Pteras, Argents and Tapejaras quite literally cucked them in battle, since all you had to do was turn left and right while they struggled to keep a bead on you. They were really fun battle mounts for basic PvP but in the end, Wyverns can barely hold their own against high tier dinos.

And the meta was just to suicide them into bases anyway, covered with C4. 

They are great bully tames, and wipe out unprotected dinos from the safety of hiltops and roofs, but that's about it. 

1 hour ago, TheGoodStuff said:

Why is this even a thread? trolling? how can there be any "appreciation" for something so poorly thought out and executed?

Cry some more.

Just because they took your precious EZ mode tames power down doesn't mean the game's total garbage. They'll scale it up a little later on, like how they did with the Swamp Fever fiasco, but I think it is safe to say that God Flyers won't be the top of the game anymore, PvE or PvP

30 minutes ago, MavisCruet said:

Of course he's not helping, he's quite blatantly posted this to riff on other people's pain

Nah. Some people like the change just fine. Not all of us have no attention span, no patience, and a need to fly constantly for pvp so we can untouchably pick people etc. :) Good change, hope they leave it in. 

1 minute ago, fruitofvictory said:

Nah. Some people like the change just fine. Not all of us have no attention span, no patience, and a need to fly constantly for pvp so we can untouchably pick people etc. :) Good change, hope they leave it in. 

So you like not being able to move on a flier at all? 1200 sta to 400 is not a fair thing, ESPECIALLY when the dino is over level 100

Archived